The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 28th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Nintendofox3d
Watch Pokemon Cyclone Saga!!

The Unova league arc is close in japan, and they wont be releasing gen 6 anytime soon, so where could ash go after?
Maybe he could return to johto or hoenn. Maybe they'll make something like the orange islands? Where do you guys think he will go? Maybe the anime will end with ash, and start a new anime like that b2/w2 animated trailer. I'm sure nintendo saw feedback on how it is better than the anime. Then again, most anime viewers are kids...

Pokemon Cyclone Saga
-The Pokemon Series-

Watch It Here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/iNeonFox
Old November 28th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Anime wise, only other hints as possible return is Kanto. Team Rocket left at the end of their arc back to Kanto so to keep the main Antagonist they'd have to go back to Kanto. Especially since Giovanni is planning something new.

There's not really anything for Ash to do in Hoenn anymore. Everything made for Hoenn has been done already. We can still get a hint for Gen 6 in the anime as well since the tournament hasn't ended yet so odds are he can still go to a new region at the end of Unova.

Nothing says Gen 6 cannot come out in Fall of 2013. Anything is fair game now and there haven't been any hints on what's next unless you count Team Rocket returning to Kanto. In which case, Kanto is where Ash is going next.

BTW we already know about half the tournament right now. Most of the main Characters have already battled and only 3 major ones are still in with 2 facing off next leaving 2 for the episodes after that. Which will come fairly quickly.
Old November 28th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
I would like to see something like the Orange Islands. We can assume he will win whatever there sense he has beaten the Tournament in Orange Islands and Offered to become a Frontier Brain. But ya,I would really love to see something like Orange Islands. I would also take a guess that there is probably another region to the west of Unova. I would like to see him return to Johto,but it is possible that that may bring Dawn back sense she in currently in Johto.
Old November 28th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
I agree with Xanders points. By all indications we have seen he should go to Kanto. Heck even if the intro they have Ash pokemon at Oak Lab. So reunite him with them and they embark on some Filler Arc.

For me though it all fringes on what the League results are. If he wins than I see a Champions League, if he loses than I see some random arc that occupies us till 6th gen. And yes it can happen soon, there is nothing to stop it from happening. So after Movie 16 or even a little before I wouldn't be surprised if we see or hear of some 6th Gen related things or pokemon. There could always been a Plasma interruption which can lead to a Plasma arc, which gives them a little more room to develop Ash pokemon he has with him.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old November 29th, 2012, 03:05 PM
glumkil dourhand
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Bashful
Just gonna throw this out there...a filler arc in Ransei or Oblivia. I just think that would be cool, personally. (probably never gonna happen, but still.)
Old November 29th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by glumkil dourhand View Post
Just gonna throw this out there...a filler arc in Ransei or Oblivia. I just think that would be cool, personally. (probably never gonna happen, but still.)
The characters never explore spin-off regions since the main series games are often the priority on an advertising spectrum. Game Freak wants to make money, which explains why they only travel to main series regions.

Also, I do agree with XanderO that I could see Ash returning to Kanto since there is not much to do until the possible 6th Generation is revealed. Although a Team Plasma arc can be a possibility since the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami in Japan caused the Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma episodes to be cancelled.

Paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

Old November 29th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Hopefully they will finally show those episodes about TR and TP. After this new what they call N Episode comes out. I wonder what he would do in Kanto though. He has done the Battle Frontier and the Orange Islands there.
Old November 29th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

It doesn't seem sensible at this point in the show to go back and air TR vs. TP episodes. I am sure they already thought of something new which is what this Episode N stuff is about. I just dunno how much of an arc they can encompass in this.

EDIT: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2012/1...html?i001=news
Guess its not really out of the question than. Although I don't know why they would come all the way back from Kanto.

Last edited by Kenshin5; November 29th, 2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old November 29th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
It's a good question, but it might lead to something. Least is shows that this N Episode might be more than just a Chronicle like special.

Anyways, maybe not Hoenn but there is always the Sinnoh/Johto "Battle Frontier". Wherever they wanna put it. And in the matter of Caitlin being part of the Elite Four of Unova that can easily be covered since it's her Butler that is really the frontier brain? iirc... But not really fond of this idea because he would be backtracking a bit?

But honestly I really like the idea of a Plasma arc. :|b Maybe the place Axew ends up in is a lead up to it if we don't have information on where Axew ends up in yet. idk.
Old November 30th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

I am going to assume he is staying in Unova with N being the next arc.
Old November 30th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Well that is what has been confirmed since so that's going to be the case. Also Team Rocket is going to be part of it as well since they're coming back.
Old November 30th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Railgun
Ever Day Another New Adventure

Send a message via Skype™ to Railgun
It seems like they may stay in Unova for the N arc. TBH I think people would be mad if they did a 3RD Kanto journey again. I mean they could pull a OI and make up a small region or something. I guess we will find out next week when we get more info about the upcoming arc.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 04:35 PM
Balkoni
Unhatched Egg

Anything that brings back old regions or old characters (like Misty, Brock, etc) will be super fun because it's things we've grown attached to and will be exciting
Old December 23rd, 2012, 07:16 PM
A Shadow's Soul
Waaaaaaaaaat?
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Anime wise, only other hints as possible return is Kanto. Team Rocket left at the end of their arc back to Kanto so to keep the main Antagonist they'd have to go back to Kanto. Especially since Giovanni is planning something new.

There's not really anything for Ash to do in Hoenn anymore. Everything made for Hoenn has been done already. We can still get a hint for Gen 6 in the anime as well since the tournament hasn't ended yet so odds are he can still go to a new region at the end of Unova.

Nothing says Gen 6 cannot come out in Fall of 2013. Anything is fair game now and there haven't been any hints on what's next unless you count Team Rocket returning to Kanto. In which case, Kanto is where Ash is going next.

BTW we already know about half the tournament right now. Most of the main Characters have already battled and only 3 major ones are still in with 2 facing off next leaving 2 for the episodes after that. Which will come fairly quickly.

No they mention in the Anime the Unova league is being held in Johto, so you would possibly see a return to there.

~ Mell - Red Fraction ~
Hi I'm Adam ~ Showdown ~ VM ~

Old December 23rd, 2012, 07:35 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMFAO. Word up. View Post
No they mention in the Anime the Unova league is being held in Johto, so you would possibly see a return to there.
Um...no? The Unova League is held in Unova. Why would it be held in Johto? I've already watched all of the current episodes for the Unova League and they are in an Anime only location in Unova. There haven't been any "go to Johto" references.

We know they stay in Unova for the next season as they head to Aspertia after the league and TR comes back from Kanto for some, as of yet, unexplained reason.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 07:43 PM
A Shadow's Soul
Waaaaaaaaaat?
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Um...no? The Unova League is held in Unova. Why would it be held in Johto? I've already watched all of the current episodes for the Unova League and they are in an Anime only location in Unova. There haven't been any "go to Johto" references.

We know they stay in Unova for the next season as they head to Aspertia after the league and TR comes back from Kanto for some, as of yet, unexplained reason.
Don't know how you've watched them all.

~ Mell - Red Fraction ~
Hi I'm Adam ~ Showdown ~ VM ~

Old December 23rd, 2012, 10:31 PM
Yamiidenryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMFAO. Word up. View Post
Are... are you Cameron? o_O

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 11:31 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:

It is in Johto... according to Kotetsu :D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old December 24th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

It is in Unova. Most of the Unova League episodes are out in Japan and they are almost done. Kotetsu is fairly stupid in the Anime so you really can not go on anything he says. He may have meant he was from Johto or has been to Johto. Or thinking he was in Johto.

We know everything that happens in the Unova League, and you can watch new episodes on apps on a smartphone or computer.

This is a link from Bulbapedia about Higaki Town where the Unova League takes place. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Higaki_City

After the League he goes to the White Tower or something like that where Reshiram is suppose to be. He meets Cheren as well who has just become a gym leader. So the next arc takes place in Unova and is a Team Plasma arc. And the reason they come back to Unova is to take out Team Plasma. According to what Serebii had.

Last edited by Iceman3317; December 24th, 2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old December 24th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
I assume Ash will go back to Kanto, but I hope Brock, Dawn, Zoey and Paul come back to the show as well.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old December 25th, 2012, 12:59 AM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I don't think the Team Plasma arc is going to be that long, I think I saw somewhere that it's just a couple of episodes. (I'll try and find that)

I'm not sure what will happen after this. I feel like the Unova season was really short.

SHOWDOWNGALLERYANIMEPAIR

Old December 25th, 2012, 05:16 AM
Al3X
Pokemon Fan

Nature: Relaxed
They going to make up crap like what they did after the Hoenn. The Johto was planned from the very start, you saw Ho-Oh on episode 1 of Pokemon and at the end of Johto we were introduced to a few Hoenn Pokemon, but now it's just retarded, they've gone too far now.

Old December 25th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

I look at it from a need stand point as to where they need to go back and address. Or what is good for this marketing wise.

Kanto - They have already revisited Kanto with BF, unless there was a Kanto centric game i.e. a Yellow Remake this I don't see a point going there. The only scenario I can see is him competing in the Indigo League again, and do we really have enough time between now and the next generation for another Kanto arc?

Johto - Aside from Cameron alluding that he thought the League was going to be in Ecruteak City there is no real reason to revisit Johto. HGSS already had its promo in DP Saga, and there is no need to promote Johto especially after they got another promo in Movie 13 right before Gen V. Unless they decided to locate Battle Frontier there instead of Sinnoh then that's one thing but I doubt at this point they will do that.

Hoenn - They could go there to promote a possible RS reake, but they don't necessarily need to go to a region to promote the game. Otherwise if its not for game promotion I don't see a reason to go.

Sinnoh - Again there is the BF scenario, but I doubt it happening. Cynthia could always invite them along with Caitlin but I highly doubt that.

Unkown - Basically a region(sub-region) like Orange Islands that has yet to be explored or not mentioned and can be an Anime exclusive location if need be. For me this situation can be possible since its quite open to going and doing something need as I feel they would have plenty of room to work with and could also focus on all the pokemon.

Right now though I figure they will probably try and run the series in Unova at least until Movie 16 and link the N/Plasma arc to the movie in some way. Then after July I could see the an Unknown place scenario happen since they are already visiting locations in Unova they have yet to visit. So after they get done visiting these Unova locations I think anything can happen at that point.

Old December 27th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Iron1234
Unhatched Egg

It's always bugged me that Johto never got their own villanous team, maybe a new season can introduce one, and maybe they've taken over and someone like Lance calls Ash for help.

I think Season 17/18 could be used to close some plot holes before Generation VI. You know, Ash's father could be introduced, Ash's Primeape could finish training. Ash could fulfill his promise to recalim Pidgeot.
Old December 27th, 2012, 11:57 AM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

I would say he will visit a new region, or go back to one of the older regions for some new filler adventure.

And Iron1234, Johto IS connected to Kanto, so I would say Johto is also Giovanni's turf.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links