The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 10th, 2012, 08:24 PM
AWsquared
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
UH I'M having a problem

Today I tried to battle the trainers in the Big Stadium and Small Court , but when I tried to battle one I couldn't. Instead of going into battle, it was the dialogue they said after being defeated.
I change the date on the calendar and the same thing.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT"S WRONG I SHOULD NORMALLY BE ABLE TO BATTLE THEM ONCE A DAY.

HELP

Mega Sceptile and Treecko for life yo.
DeviantArt |Tumblr | Art Gallery| Ask Me Stuff |Paired to | Avatar source:[x]

Last edited by AWsquared; December 10th, 2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old December 10th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
If you reset your time or calendar then you lose all time based events for at least 24 hours after saving. You have to leave your game alone for 24 hours minimum before the events allow you to access them again.
Old December 10th, 2012, 08:42 PM
AWsquared
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
So I can't do anything in the game till another 24 hours after I changed the clock/calendar?

Mega Sceptile and Treecko for life yo.
DeviantArt |Tumblr | Art Gallery| Ask Me Stuff |Paired to | Avatar source:[x]

Last edited by AWsquared; December 10th, 2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old December 10th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
Nothing time based, that is. So no, you can't battle those trainers until 24 hours has passed. You can still play the game though, don't worry.
Old December 11th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Satycorn89
Togepi

In 5th Generation (currently playing White), is it true that male pokemon can as well transfer their nature to the babies? Do they need to hold an everstone for this? Also, is there a percentage of this happening (just like females had a 50% chance of giving the nature to their offspring in GEN IV), or will this happen for sure??

Pokemon White Friend Code: 4213 2543 6289
Old December 11th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satycorn89 View Post
In 5th Generation (currently playing White), is it true that male pokemon can as well transfer their nature to the babies? Do they need to hold an everstone for this? Also, is there a percentage of this happening (just like females had a 50% chance of giving the nature to their offspring in GEN IV), or will this happen for sure??
It's only 100% in B2/W2, sadly :( Like in HG/SS it can be either females or males, but the chances of it happening isn't 100% if you give it an Everstone. Everstone only gets you to the 50%.
Old December 11th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Satycorn89
Togepi

Awww snap ... Thanks anyways !
oh and what about the abilities, is there a rule for that, or are they passed to the offspring randomly, no matter what gender the parent has and what it's holding?

Old December 11th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Nature: Sassy
I looked at FAQ, didn't see it, but can anyone explain the exp system to me? First time playing Black and I have no idea why it's changing on me. ;P Does exp just decrease as you get higher leveled?

Old December 11th, 2012, 05:13 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Milkshake View Post
I looked at FAQ, didn't see it, but can anyone explain the exp system to me? First time playing Black and I have no idea why it's changing on me. ;P Does exp just decrease as you get higher leveled?
As a Pokémon levels up, it gains less EXP defeating a certain Pokémon than it normally would. For example, if a level 50 Samurott defeats a (wild) level 50 Mienshao, it would gain 1791 EXP. However, if a level 55 Samurott defeats a Mienshao of the same level, it gains less EXP than it would if it was level 50.

Old December 11th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Nature: Sassy
Ugh that's gonna suck. Is there a Vs. Seeker in this game?

Old December 11th, 2012, 05:46 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Milkshake View Post
Ugh that's gonna suck. Is there a Vs. Seeker in this game?
No. The Nimbasa Sports Stadiums are the only places with rebattleable trainers; you can only battle the people within them once a day.

Old December 11th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
As a Pokémon levels up, it gains less EXP defeating a certain Pokémon than it normally would. For example, if a level 50 Samurott defeats a (wild) level 50 Mienshao, it would gain 1791 EXP. However, if a level 55 Samurott defeats a Mienshao of the same level, it gains less EXP than it would if it was level 50.
It's not just that. This can also be evidenced when quickly leveling Pokémon on Audino "Exp. Share"ing. As in, a Lv.1 baby will collect well over 10,000 on a Lv.47-50 Audino, whereas the higher leveled it becomes the lower it goes. It doesn't only lower at the identical level.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old December 13th, 2012, 03:35 AM
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
How do I make a new Dream World account? I remember going there all the time, but at some point I can't log in with my username and password. So how do I get a new one?
Old December 16th, 2012, 09:03 AM
AntiPKMN
[Playing PKMN : White].

Nature: Jolly
Hey, everyone! If you're reading this I'd just like to say, thank you.

Okay, first off, I just got PKMN : White. I haven't even chose my starter yet. I'm at the point in the game where you choose the PKMN from the Gift Box. This is my very first time playing a Gen. 5 game and to be frank, I don't know anything about the Unova PKMN. Could someone please help me out? What starter should I get? Snivy, Tepig, or Oshowatt? Also, I would like someone, please, to make a team for me. Any tips for my new game would also suffice. Basically, anything to help me out on my new Journey through the Unova region! :'c.
Old December 16th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiPKMN View Post
Hey, everyone! If you're reading this I'd just like to say, thank you.

Okay, first off, I just got PKMN : White. I haven't even chose my starter yet. I'm at the point in the game where you choose the PKMN from the Gift Box. This is my very first time playing a Gen. 5 game and to be frank, I don't know anything about the Unova PKMN. Could someone please help me out? What starter should I get? Snivy, Tepig, or Oshowatt? Also, I would like someone, please, to make a team for me. Any tips for my new game would also suffice. Basically, anything to help me out on my new Journey through the Unova region! :'c.
Just so you know, in the future questions like which starter should you pick fits here, howeveras for making a team, that's actually against the rules here (and partially completed teams go within in-game team help: http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=236) so you'll need to have a few things put together before PC can really help you out there unfortunately. :(

Also @ Volcanix, register a new trainer account on the main Pokemon.com website, which'll thus be your PGL account too.
Old December 16th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Awww snap ... Thanks anyways !
oh and what about the abilities, is there a rule for that, or are they passed to the offspring randomly, no matter what gender the parent has and what it's holding?
This, I actually know. lol. If you're not dealing with dream world abilities, the ability your baby has will be random (if it can have one of two abilities). For dream world abilities, there is a percentage (50% I think?) chance that the ability will pass if it is on the mother. No breeding males with Ditto for the sekrit stufz, I'm afraid.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old December 21st, 2012, 05:14 PM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
When breeding for a Pokemon, does it matter what the parent Pokemon's natures are? I'm breeding a Metamon (Ditto) with a Caterpie (male) that has a Jolly nature, and I want to breed for one with a Timid nature, but I have breed swarms of them and still no Timid. So do natures of the parents effect the offspring's nature at all? Starting to wonder here.
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old December 21st, 2012, 05:17 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
When breeding for a Pokemon, does it matter what the parent Pokemon's natures are? I'm breeding a Metamon (Ditto) with a Caterpie (male) that has a Jolly nature, and I want to breed for one with a Timid nature, but I have breed swarms of them and still no Timid. So do natures of the parents effect the offspring's nature at all? Starting to wonder here.
It doesn't matter the nature the egg will always have different natures when hatched.
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old December 21st, 2012, 05:19 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
The natures are completely random, however you can increase the chance of breeding a certain nature if you give one parent an Everstone to hold.

When the Everstone is held by one parent, there is a 50% chance of the baby Pokemon having the same nature as the holder of the Everstone.

Paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

Old December 23rd, 2012, 05:16 AM
Satycorn89
Togepi

Hey, I'm having a hard time with the Dream World, as I'm relatively new to it.
So I tuck in a Pokemon, play the mini-games and the Pokemon go to the Tree of Dreams and if I make a wish, I then have to wake up my tucked in Pokemon, which I don't want to do, because I want to play more mini-games, so that I can catch more Pokemon.
I tried sending the Pokemon to the Tree of Dreams and waking up my tucked in Pokemon, but when I log in to the Dream World the next day, all of the Pokemon have disappeared from the Tree of Dreams :@ ...
Yesterday I tried playing the mini-game and sending the Pokemon to the Tree of Dreams, and decided not to wake my up tucked in Pokemon, so that the next day I could come back and play more mini-games, attract more Pokemon, so that in the end I can send a bunch of Pokemon to the Entralink and catch them all at once, but the Rainbow had dissapeared.
Anyways, I clicked on Exit and Prepare to wake up, and the game said that the Pokemon that was in my dream board will go to my Entralink and I can catch it after I wake up my tucked in Pokemon.
But the thing is that I do not want to wake up my tucked in Pokemon, because I have other Pokemon in the Tree of Dreams that I want to send to my DS.
Is it possible not to wake up my currently tucked in Pokemon (while having transferred a Pokemon from the Tree of Dreams to my DS, but not catching it yet), visiting the DW tomorrow and be-friending more Pokemon, so that in the end I could catch them all at once?
I'm sorry if I have confused you.
Thanks for any help.

Old December 23rd, 2012, 05:55 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Hey, I'm having a hard time with the Dream World, as I'm relatively new to it.
So I tuck in a Pokemon, play the mini-games and the Pokemon go to the Tree of Dreams and if I make a wish, I then have to wake up my tucked in Pokemon, which I don't want to do, because I want to play more mini-games, so that I can catch more Pokemon.
I tried sending the Pokemon to the Tree of Dreams and waking up my tucked in Pokemon, but when I log in to the Dream World the next day, all of the Pokemon have disappeared from the Tree of Dreams :@ ...
Yesterday I tried playing the mini-game and sending the Pokemon to the Tree of Dreams, and decided not to wake my up tucked in Pokemon, so that the next day I could come back and play more mini-games, attract more Pokemon, so that in the end I can send a bunch of Pokemon to the Entralink and catch them all at once, but the Rainbow had dissapeared.
Anyways, I clicked on Exit and Prepare to wake up, and the game said that the Pokemon that was in my dream board will go to my Entralink and I can catch it after I wake up my tucked in Pokemon.
But the thing is that I do not want to wake up my tucked in Pokemon, because I have other Pokemon in the Tree of Dreams that I want to send to my DS.
Is it possible not to wake up my currently tucked in Pokemon (while having transferred a Pokemon from the Tree of Dreams to my DS, but not catching it yet), visiting the DW tomorrow and be-friending more Pokemon, so that in the end I could catch them all at once?
I'm sorry if I have confused you.
Thanks for any help.
The only Pokémon who should be visiting the Tree of Dreams is the tucked-in Pokémon, who should by then be awake and traveling with you. You have to take that Pokémon to the Tree of Dreams for its dream to come true. Think of it from a real-life standpoint; would you possibly, as another being in the first person, know what the dream was unless the Pokémon specifically told you about it? If you have a brother or sister, do you know right now what that brother or sister dreamed about last nite?

So wake up the Pokémon and go to the tree. Then when the dream comes true, you should have something to catch. That at least is my understanding.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old December 25th, 2012, 06:18 AM
acnoldz
Unhatched Egg

Hi, I have a quick question about EV Reducing berries:

I understand that these berries reduce 10 Effort Values, I just want to ask if it will still work if a Pokemon has less than 10 Effort Values -like 9 for example. Will it still drop it to zero? Will it tell you if it the berry has worked?
Old December 26th, 2012, 01:15 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by acnoldz View Post
Hi, I have a quick question about EV Reducing berries:

I understand that these berries reduce 10 Effort Values, I just want to ask if it will still work if a Pokemon has less than 10 Effort Values -like 9 for example. Will it still drop it to zero? Will it tell you if it the berry has worked?
Yes, the berry with drop it to zero. Iicr, it should say something along the lines of happiness rising and then the stat dropping.
Old December 28th, 2012, 10:16 AM
IStreamSandwich
Karen Gillan <3
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Timid
In the Game Freak building in Castelia, do you think the male is Zorua. He doesn't speak, just says "..." and then she reads a book about Zorua and he blushes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
The only Pokémon who should be visiting the Tree of Dreams is the tucked-in Pokémon, who should by then be awake and traveling with you. You have to take that Pokémon to the Tree of Dreams for its dream to come true. Think of it from a real-life standpoint; would you possibly, as another being in the first person, know what the dream was unless the Pokémon specifically told you about it? If you have a brother or sister, do you know right now what that brother or sister dreamed about last nite?

So wake up the Pokémon and go to the tree. Then when the dream comes true, you should have something to catch. That at least is my understanding.

Cyclone
You just go to the Entralink after you've made a wish. Then the forest to the North has a boy outside it who will hold any items obtained in the dream. Then you go inside the forest and it will have the Pokemon you dreamed of in the forest.

Last edited by IStreamSandwich; December 28th, 2012 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 29th, 2012, 01:09 AM
FrostPheonix
Eternity.

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeInfuse View Post
In the Game Freak building in Castelia, do you think the male is Zorua. He doesn't speak, just says "..." and then she reads a book about Zorua and he blushes.
It is actually a zorua. If you bring the event Celebi over from the 4th gen games through the special transfer thingy only for events (I think the relocator?) Celebi will pop out and play with the Zorua, who stops the illusion and you can see it is actually a zorua. The trainer then gives it to you.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links