• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

2nd Gen Favorite Pokèmon's?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Gen I: Snorlax and Dodrio line.
Gen II: Togepi line, Tryantitar, Stanler, Elekid, Chinchou and Mareep line.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 9, 2020
I° Gen: Charizard, Meowth, Lapras

II°Gen: Tyranitar, Feraligatr, Murkrow, Heracross, Houndoom, Houndour, Sneasel, Scizor

Years
Gen 1; Porygon: Love this thing. I liked the idea from the first time I talked to that dude in the Mt. Moon Pokemon Center that there were Pokemon you had to get in ways other than catching them, & Porygon epitamized that with its price tag of 200,000. On top of that, its design is cool, & its Conversion attack is useful.

Chansey: It feels like a prestige to have one.

Farfetch'd: It's a bird that carries a leek. It's design is so interesting, & with Swords Dance & Slash it's not bad in battle either.

Alakazam: My best friend's favourite, back when he played the game. I didn't like it originally, but it sort of grew on me...

Gen 2; Porygon2: (see above)

Ampharos: In my mind, this guy's as boss as Alakazam & Dragonite. Thunderpuch ftw.

Jumpluff: ........ It's cute. And it's every attack is a status ailment move.

Smeargle: Sketch. SO much fun, being able to have a Pokemon with nearly any moveset in the game.

& Blissey, because it feels empowering to look down & see that 711 HP :)

Last edited:

Pokemon_Trainer_Danny

Slateport resident
Years
Generation 1:

Pikachu - Goes without saying pretty much.

Tentacruel - Tentacruel is a lot stronger than most people give him credit for. I beat the entire Elite Four in Pokémon Blue with mostly Tentacruel.

Snorlax - Snorlax is so much like me, minus the fat... Eating and being lazy is what I do best!

Generation 2:

Totodile - Always was my favourite starter from Generation 2. It's just cute.

Skarmory - It's a bird. But made of steel.

Celebi - Celebi is probably my favourite legendary Pokémon. I like how something so cute can be so powerful.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Gen I
Pikachu
Eevee
Ditto
Lapras
Fossil Pokemon
Legendaries
Starters

Gen II
Pichu
Togepi
Skarmory
Ampharos
Chinchou
Larvitar line
Legendaries
Starters

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I'm gonna list the ones I like enough. They may not be super duper favorites, but it keeps my list from being more than Nidorina and Vulpix.

Favorites from Gen I:
Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Caterpie, Butterfree, Rattata, Raticate, Pidgey, Numbers 29-33, Vulpix, Paras, Parasect, Growlithe, Psyduck, Abra, Bellsprout, Tentacool, Tentacruel, Magnemite, Haunter, Onix, Cubone, Kangashkan, Horsea, Porygon, Articuno, Numbers 147-149, Mew

Least favorite: None. I personalized all of them on some level way back when, so I'm sympathetic to each of them in varying degrees.

Favorites from Gen II:
Chikorita, Totodile, Sentret, Mareep, Flaaffy, Wobbuffet, Hitmontop, Miltank, probably some others I'm just not remembering

Least favorite: While I don't dislike any of the rest for any serious reason, I do think they're all kind of boring. Also, personalized everyone here too, but it didn't stop them from being dull.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 13, 2021
Gen 1: Charmander, Charizard, Squirtle and its evolutions, Pikachu, Raichu, Meowth, Arcanine, Gengar, Lapras, Eevee and its evolutions, and Dragonite.

Gen 2: Typhlosion, Totodile and its evolutions, Xatu, Marill, Espeon, Umbreon, Delibird, Houndoom, Raikou, Suicune, Tyranitar, and Lugia.

MattyJ

Serial Procrastinator
Years
Gen I and II would have to be my favourite generations of Pokemon.
Personally, I love Crobat. I think it's great. I've always had a bit of a thing for Pokemon with lots of speed (which usually means I pump up the slower ones with Carbos, haha).. Yet I also really liked Wooper/Quagsire.

Other favourites of mine:
*Eevee and the eeveelutions. Specifically Umbreon, Jolteon and Espeon. Umbreon has always been #1 in this line, but Jolteon was my beast on my most recent play-through of Red Version (and E4 MVP). I was originally never a fan of Espeon, but I have to say, it's growing on me.
*Growlithe/Arcanine. LOVE these guys, though somehow I've always managed to have the version that doesn't have them in it. Until I got W2!
*Ponyta/Rapidash. My replacement for Arcanine in pretty much every game I can't get it.
*Ditto is just a little cutie, Dragonite is great, and Ampharos was my electric type in the Metal Generations. My crush on Jasmine totally didn't influence that decision.
*Teddiursa is awesome. Pretty sure I try and catch one in every game I can, just to keep it in the PC (and generally I don't go out of my way to catch Pokemon - usually just pick up a 'key' team and the event ones along the way).
*Hitmontop has a really awesome design, I think. Though I never was able to catch one.. :(
Finally, Suicune and Lugia are also pretty strong favourites of mine. Suicune because I had a love affair with Crystal when I was growing up, and Lugia because of Pokemon the Movie 2000. Best kids movie I've ever seen. :)

Raczack

Gunslinger
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 27, 2015
=== Gen 1 ===
My lineups of favorites back in the day:
+Blastoise - First starter, continued to use the same one for about 4 or so playthroughs and he got a little abusive.
+Raichu - The guide told me that Pikachu could be found in the Viridian Forest, and being a kid I decided that nothing could be cooler. My Pidgey was practically evolved by the time I caught one. Never thought twice about evolving him the first moment I could. I like Magneton more these days, but it is a tough call sometimes.
+Venomoth - I always liked Venonat's design, and after Butterfree frustrated me to death I switched. Much more success was had at putting my friends to sleep.
+Kangaskan - Giovanni had one, so of course I had to also. I still claim it to be the epitome of awesome, though I wish they hadn't gone the route of making them all female and fleshed them out a bit more. :/
+Pidgeot - Said Pidgey from above. It grew on me.

Asking me now:
I would swap Blastoise with Tentacruel. I always assumed the most common guys wouldn't be anything more than filler, and he was weak to psychic, but Tentacruel has probably jumped into my top 3 all time favorites since. Keep Venomoth and Kangaskan, they're still rocking out. As for Pidgeot, he has lost his place to Nidoking once I realized that I could get one early on that west path. Versatility plus great looks nets him a top spot.

=== Gen 2 ===
I've always been a stickler for using what already know I like, but these guys got some legroom:
+Dunsparce - Remember browsing a magazine at the grocery store and seeing this little demon. Don't know why I liked him, but that doesn't matter much does it?
+Ampharos - Do androids dream of electric sheep? Bit of a sci-fi fan.
+Ariados - Used him a lot on my first playthrough, but kinda phased him out. If only he were a little.... something more?
+Yanma - The reason I phased out Ariados.
+Octillery - Always did think cephalopods were cool. This guy and Dunsparce I would put on any list of candidates for an evolution.

=== Most Hated ===
+Golbat - Don't get me wrong, I use them on my teams time to time, but between being kinda spooky looking and constantly present.... I hate to stare.
+Chancey - Thought it looked pretty lame, so I made a specific point of burning them up when trying the cloning/trade tricks.
+Mewtwo - Because everyone but me felt it mandatory to include one on the team. My only solace were those who caught them as a super leveled glitch and forgot that it only knew support moves.
+Moltres - The only of the bird trio that I didn't really understand how to use.

Last edited:

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
PokemonGen1and2_zpse9c45211.png

It was torture to find the Red and Green sprites. I know I should have used the sprites from Gold, but I prefer using the sprites for their original forum.

I removed Marril, Azumaril, and Wobbuffet. I've been treating the Marril family like a Pikachu clone biasedly because of the looks. Wobbuffet is useful only when the... oh wait, it's Gen 1 and 2. Well still. I added Crobat on my dislike list because... I hate Zubat.

Years
I Generation
The first pokémon that touched my litte childish mind, was Cubone, both for aspect but even for it's kinda sad background it has. My second choice is Snorlax, i love that pokémon, if i was a trainer he had to be my buddy, spending all day sleeping on his stomach and eating without care, he would be the perfect pal for short. The third is actually a Psyduck, don't know the reason, probably because i sort of always liked ducks, and when i started the mystery dungeon it came out him, and i started seeing him a nice pokémon (Golduck to is quite cool).

II Generation
For the second i can't quite say, there are many good choices. Heracross can be one of the best options, for the fact that i like bugs and it had an awesome look. Probably i liked the most Magby and Elekid, kind of cute and cool at the same time, and evolve in two majestic pokémon that i liked a lot in the first games.

Years
Obviously I've got my favourites now, but playing the games I remember loving Charizard, Vaporeon and I think Kangaskhan for some reason haha in Gen 1 and in Gen 2, it was Typhlosion, Umbreon and Houndoom :)

MichaelSK16

Pokemon Connoisseur
Years
Oh my lord I could go on forever, but I'll try to limit it to...5 a piece?

Gen I Favorites
5. Tauros
I always loved Tauros because it just really looked awesome and tough. This was my first impression of it as a small child.​
4. Golduck
Golduck was always cool to me because, like Tauros, it came off as an awesome Pokemon that would be super strong.Maybe as a child I associated a dot on a Pokemon's forehead with strength?​
3. Seadra
Seadra is, to this day, one of my favorite overall Pokemon. I don't really have a reason for it other than I just think the seahorse idea was awesome, but I don't really need one I guess.​
2. Scyther
I actually have a legitimate reason as to why I love Scyther. Scyther was my first prized Pokemon I ever caught. I nabbed one in the Safari Zone in Red version and I felt like an awesome child that entire day.​
1. Arcanine
Arcanine is easily one of my top 5-10 favorite Pokemon of all time. Arcanine has been burned into my memory ever since the 2nd ever episode of the anime where Arcanine was featured as one of the four "legendary" Pokemon on a stone tablet in Viridian city. Now obviously I know that it isn't actually a legendary Pokemon, but for whatever reason, I've loved it ever since.​

Gen I Least Favorites
5. Abra
One word....Teleport​
4. Starmie
I've had so many baaaad memories with Misty's Starmie.​
3. Farfetch'd
...I just hate it.​
2. Ratatta
It's So pointless. This little guy is even less tolerable with "Ratatta Joey" in GSC.​
1. Chansey
This was always my most targeted Pokemon in the safari zone. It was also the most annoying because I could NEVER catch one when I was little. It gains my least-favorite vote because of my hard-fought battles with it as a small child that always resulted in failure.​

Generation II Favorites
5. Teddiursa/Politoed
Yes. I cheated in my list of favorites in Gen II. Sue me. Teddiursa is one of my favorites because it's just so darn adorable that it is a lucrative reward to a small child like I was in my first run-through of Silver. Politoed was awesome to me as a child because I loved frogs and Politoed was the only legit frog at the time.​
4. Houndoom
Houndoom was just a boss through-and-through. I loved this dastardly demon dog when I was little because the dark typing was my favorite, as it was shiny and new at the time. Plus I'm pretty sure I had a crush on Karen of the elite four when I was playing through Silver when I was little and she happened to have one.​
3. Kingdra
My fondness of Kingdra comes from my love of Seadra in the generation before and the fact that taking Seadra and making it part dragon just made it the perfect water type for me.​
2. Scizor
This was basically taking an already freaking awesome Pokemon in Scyther and turning it into a robot when I was a child. Sure I missed Scyther's scythes, but Scizor's claws are just as cool.​
1. Sneasel/Typhlosion line
I know. I cheated twice on one list. Sue me again. Sneasel is arguably my favorite Pokemon of all time. The dark/ice typing it has made it so unique that I just loved it, plus the fact that it's a blue weasel with razor-sharp claws and a feather on its head was the funniest thing ever when I was little. As for Cyndaquil-Quilava-Typhlosion, it's my second-favorite starter line out of all of them. (right behind Torchic-Combusken-Blaziken) Cyndaquil was always interesting to me because it looked weird...but adorable with its squinty eyes and its strangely shaped head. Then it evolved (at lvl14, nonetheless) and was the mother of all things awesome, Quilava. Now imagine my surprise when it evolved into the mighty Typhlosion. It went from "This is the coolest ferret on fire I've ever seen" to ".....*jawdrop*"​

Generation II Least Favorites
5. Shuckle
This was always one of the most useless Pokemon ever to me when I was going through GenII as a child. It just didn't make any sense. Why would I want a Pokemon like Shuckle when I could have an awesome Pokemon like Scizor or Kingdra or Sneasel? Shuckle was just dumb to me.​
4. Dunsparce
You'll notice I said 'one of the most useless' Pokemon ever for Shuckle. Well, Dunsparce is the other. What IS Dunsparce, anyways? Is it a scorpion that lost its legs? Is it a snake with deformities? Is it a fish? The world will never know.​
3. Qwilfish
It looked like a rattle with spikes to me. It was about as intimidating to me as a puppy wearing a beret.​
2. Sunkern
Sunkern is a sunflower seed. How on earth am I supposed to battle with something you roast, salt, eat between innings in a baseball game, and spit out when you're on the field? This may just be a baseball player thing, but I just hate the thing. It was not a good idea in my opinion.​
1. Miltank
Gahh. Miltank is my least favorite in Gen II because of the dreaded stonewalling ability it had in my progress through Johto as the infamous anchor for Whitney's team in the third gym. Not even my mighty Quilava, or Scyther, or even Teddiursa could slay this ultra behemoth without some extra leveling and a lot of screaming (and probably crying)​

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
Gen 1: Charizard, Dragonite, Arcanine, Mew, Mewtwo, Pikachu, Alakazam, Blastoise, Lapras, Eeveelutions

Gen 2: Typhlosion, Feraligtr, Skarmory, Umbreon, Espeon, Lugia, Ho-oh, Entei, Noctowl, Sneasel

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Favorites:

Gen 1:
Charmander Line- My first starter, my oldest and closest friend. We shared some of the best times of my youth.

Magikarp Line- He's weak, useless and dies very easily, but I swear, when he evolves, he's going to kill you all!!!!!

Arcanine- Before Serperior, he was the original King of Cool.

Electabuzz- Coolest Electric Type EVER!!!!

Lapras- There's a certain mystique about her that's just so damn intriguing.

Scyther- Back then, the only Bug type I would go through the trouble of owning.

Mewtwo: The most powerful Pokemon of Gen 1.

Gen 2:
Totodial Line: I had an obsession with the Crocodial Hunter back then.

Tyranitar: My favorite pseudo- legendary to date.

Heracross- After Scyther, I've never been more proud to own a Bug type.

Legendary Beasts: Raikou, Suicune, Entei. Need I say more?

I've never really hated a Pokemon from either of these Generations........well..........maybe Miltank. Specifically Whitney's Miltank. I won't lie, that thing almost made me quit Pokemon.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
>Gen 1: Venusaur, Kadabra, Victreebel, Arbok, Rhyhorn, Weedle, Nidoran (M), Seadra

>Gen 2: Mareep, Meganium, Totodile, Feraligatr, Murkrow, Bellossom, Magcargo

Never really liked Kadabra until recently when I realized it's possible to get Abras fairly early in every generation except 5 and Kadabra has ridiculous potential.

blue

gucci
Years
My favorites mainly reside in Gen III and the later Generations buuut;

Gen I:
Krabby, Kingler, Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot, Kakuna, Beedrill, Shellder, Cloyster, Paras, Parasect, Doduo, Dodrio, Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Victreebel, Tauros & Kanaskhan

Gen II:
Ledyba, Ledian, Spinirak, Ariados, Totodile, Croconaw, Feraligatr, Phanpy, Donphan, Chinchou & Lanturn.

Back