The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 29th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostPheonix View Post
It is actually a zorua. If you bring the event Celebi over from the 4th gen games through the special transfer thingy only for events (I think the relocator?) Celebi will pop out and play with the Zorua, who stops the illusion and you can see it is actually a zorua. The trainer then gives it to you.
After these events, you can take a look at the Celebi and you'll find a reference to having met its friend in Castelia City, thereby preventing anyone else from using it in their own game to do the same thing (or one person using it in two games).

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old December 29th, 2012, 11:07 PM
GenerationWin
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Gentle
Hey I am new and I am trying to catch all the pokemon in white, any tips and ticks?
Old December 29th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Forever
let it go

Unfortunately you cannot catch everything. You're lucky you picked White though, as you'll get access to White Forest, which if you finish the game fast enough then you'll be able to access all the Pokemon there (each trainer is associated with finding a Pokemon in White Forest, within the forest). While you can trade for some things in-game through various trainers (such as trading for Cottonee early on in the game in Nacrene City) other things you can trade for aren't included in the Unova Dex. Another way you can find Unova Dex Pokemon is through evolving everything you find in each area, or alternatively asking for what you cannot get in the Quick Trade Thread. That p much includes version exclusives, really. You'll also need another game in order to get Landorus on your game, so keep that in mind or you can just trade for that too. As for completing the whole Pokedex, that'll really involve the same thing, and also going by swarms, too. As well as that, there's also trading back from older games (which involves having previous games such as Ruby/Sapphire, and so on.

Nevertheless, throwing this into Quick Questions in case others have stuff to add - and just in case you have more to ask. :) Use that in the future!
Old December 29th, 2012, 11:28 PM
HaiImNate
Ice Cream

Nature: Jolly
Here are all of the Pokemon that you cannot catch in Pokemon White:

Weedle
Kakuna
Beedrill
Murkrow
Honchkrow
Houndour
Houndoom
Shroomish
Breloom
Plusle
Volbeat
Cottonee
Whimsicott
Gothita
Gothorita
Gothitelle
Vullaby
Mandibuzz
Tornadus
Reshiram

All of the starters are extremely rare to catch as well. I can help you out if you need Pokemon, I have a lot of them and all of the starters.
Old December 29th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenerationWin View Post
Hey I am new and I am trying to catch all the pokemon in white, any tips and ticks?
As Forever pointed out, if you need a Pokemon you can't get you can ask for it in the Quick Trade Thread in TC, which she linked you to. Don't use the GTS though since most people ask for illegal offers like "Level 9 and under Zekrom" and stuff.

You will need a second DS if you want to use Poke Transfer with 4th Gen games. Otherwise, there's other Pokemon you can find in swarms or White Forest (given you're playing White).

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old January 2nd, 2013, 01:06 AM
shubshub
Master of The Y

Nature: Quiet
Why was the Battle Competition even Listed in the Menu of BW when It was Only ever used in B2W2?
[Pokemon White 2]: 3182 4860 8214 [OT: Chris ID: 62513]
[Nintendo 3DS]: 4441 8375 5933 [Pokemon Y]

My Favorite Pokémon!
Garchomp
Powered By Kabigon! -The Website Made by me-

Coming Soon!
The Pokemon X&Y Pokemon Outpost
Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:24 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

So yesterday I played my Pokemon White game, and the calendar was set to January 1 2013, and in the game it said that it was spring. Is this normal or there is something wrong? o.o
Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:41 PM
Arlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
So yesterday I played my Pokemon White game, and the calendar was set to January 1 2013, and in the game it said that it was spring. Is this normal or there is something wrong? o.o
That's the way it's supposed to be.

Each season in the game corresponds with a calendar month. January is Spring. February will be Summer, March will be Autumn, April will be Winter, then May will be Spring again. And so on...
Old January 2nd, 2013, 01:10 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubshub View Post
Why was the Battle Competition even Listed in the Menu of BW when It was Only ever used in B2W2?
It wasn't just used in B2W2. All tournaments use it. So if you went to VGC you'd have used the battle competition menu to battle in it.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 01:44 PM
shubshub
Master of The Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
It wasn't just used in B2W2. All tournaments use it. So if you went to VGC you'd have used the battle competition menu to battle in it.
But Iv'e never been able to use it in BW
[Pokemon White 2]: 3182 4860 8214 [OT: Chris ID: 62513]
[Nintendo 3DS]: 4441 8375 5933 [Pokemon Y]

My Favorite Pokémon!
Garchomp
Powered By Kabigon! -The Website Made by me-

Coming Soon!
The Pokemon X&Y Pokemon Outpost
Old January 2nd, 2013, 02:00 PM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
That's because you've missed every single official wifi and live tournament that was set up for BW. There is NO MORE for BW. All future official tournaments, wifi and live, will be on BW2. That feature was built in for those tournaments and will remain there for the rest of eternity.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:52 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
That's the way it's supposed to be.

Each season in the game corresponds with a calendar month. January is Spring. February will be Summer, March will be Autumn, April will be Winter, then May will be Spring again. And so on...
Oh... so it doesn't follow the season from real life?
Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:59 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
Oh... so it doesn't follow the season from real life?
Negative. The reason is because the seasons are different in different areas; in Australia, it's summer when it's winter in North America, for instance (right now). The other is because certain things happen in-game, meaning if you got to Dragonspiral Tower's area, you cannot access that dark grass (legally) for possibly up to nine months, or collect some items. This way, each season still gets three months, but it's like a three year cycle in the game.

Finally, to end the year (Dec. 31 that is), you get sparkly snow in Icirrus City.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:05 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Cyclone is right, the seasons in B/W don't follow real-life seasons.

Spring is in January, May and September.
Summer is in February, June and October.
Autumn is in March, July and November.
And Winter is in April, August and December.

Each season has a four-month cycle as shown above, and some areas can only be accessed in certain seasons. It also affects the time such as the daytime lasts longer in summer but shorter in winter while in autumn and spring it follows the same clock as in the 4th Gen.

Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:11 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
It also affects the time such as the daytime lasts longer in summer but shorter in winter while in autumn and spring it follows the same clock as in the 4th Gen.
I forgot to mention that. It also affects the Royal Unova, which is available normally from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. (based on the DS clock), but this time gets shortened in the Winter cycle to 7 p.m. (still starting at 5), while the entire range shifts in the summer from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Note also that the ending time I mention is the first minute you cannot board, meaning you can embark up to 6:59, 7:59, 8:59 based on the season.

Cyclone

Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:24 AM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Oh alright, I guess it does makes sense, having to wait until winter ends to catch a Pokemon seems to long and tedious x)

I thought something was wrong with my DS or my game. Saying it's spring in January, haha.
Old January 5th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Does anybody know if you can enter Dragonspiral Tower before defeating the seventh gym in Icirrus City?
Old January 5th, 2013, 08:05 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

You can't there's a guy that blocks you from going in there.
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old January 5th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deku View Post
Does anybody know if you can enter Dragonspiral Tower before defeating the seventh gym in Icirrus City?
Dragonspiral Tower is blocked until you get the Freeze Badge.

Old January 8th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
Do Natures affect breeding? I've run into this several times where two Pokemon should be very compatible but, while they make an egg, it takes a while. I'm in this situation right now; I'm breeding a male Minomucchi (Burmy) with a female Kemusso (Wurmple). They're in the same egg group, yet the elderly man at the breeding house says they don't like each other a lot, and it takes a while for me to get an egg. All I can imagine is maybe their natures are incompatible.

EDIT: Their natures are Timid and Careful, respectively.
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/

Last edited by Jeikobu; January 8th, 2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
Do Natures affect breeding? I've run into this several times where two Pokemon should be very compatible but, while they make an egg, it takes a while. I'm in this situation right now; I'm breeding a male Minomucchi (Burmy) with a female Kemusso (Wurmple). They're in the same egg group, yet the elderly man at the breeding house says they don't like each other a lot, and it takes a while for me to get an egg. All I can imagine is maybe their natures are incompatible.
No, it's the OT and ID Number that affects the likelihood of Pokemon making an egg.

An example is same species with the same OT/ID being more likely to produce an egg, while different species with the same OT/ID less likely to produce an egg.

Also, a Pokemon's egg groups affects the compatibility. More details on egg groups can be found here.

Old January 9th, 2013, 11:26 PM
IshiLovesHiro
Unhatched Egg

ok so it has been more than 24 hours, i have not messed with the clock or date on my DS at all, and ive only been using this one DS system. The only thing that has changed from last time i used dream world is the Wifi im on. Does changing wifi RESET the 24 wait AGAIN?? if so, that is completely ridiculous, They need to add some sort of clock to tell me how many hours/minutes i have remaining! Its a pain in the ass not knowing if I somehow screwed up the 24 hour timer or not!!
Old January 10th, 2013, 12:49 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshiLovesHiro View Post
ok so it has been more than 24 hours, i have not messed with the clock or date on my DS at all, and ive only been using this one DS system. The only thing that has changed from last time i used dream world is the Wifi im on. Does changing wifi RESET the 24 wait AGAIN?? if so, that is completely ridiculous, They need to add some sort of clock to tell me how many hours/minutes i have remaining! Its a pain in the ass not knowing if I somehow screwed up the 24 hour timer or not!!
I'm not sure if changing Wifi matters, but just wait for two midnights to pass, and everything should be normal.
Old January 12th, 2013, 11:54 PM
WildDevon
XXX

Nature: Lax
So I'm currently training an Archeops for my main team in White, but reading upon everything (stats, ability effects and whatnot) I'm questioning if I should even use him. What pokemon should I use otherwise?
Old January 13th, 2013, 12:18 AM
Helios93

Nature: Careful
I have been using Archeops for quite a while and frankly said, it is worth it. I usually used it as my lead due to its high attack/speed stats and excess to U-turn. You just need to be a little bit careful to any pokemon which has a priority moves such as ice shard and bullet punch. Never ever switch in to those.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here