• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like kids ?

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
  • My first and only thread of the year I think

Do you like kids ?

I Hate them as the ones I know (not my daughter) seem to always get what they want by just asking or phoning up here.

if you want to know what happens PM me..

so Kids do you like having them around ?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Not really.. I find them quite annoying and demanding. They also don't listen to you and are very noisy..

Most kids I know are like that, but there's some I actually enjoy having around with me, since they're fun and energetic, but at the same time they are polite, nice and not noisy.

Years
  • Kids are ok when well behaved. When they scream and throw tantrums and beg for things they can be annoying, I think most kids are ok. If they are polite and pleasant to be around I like them.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I love kids. :) They are just so quirky and funny! I have always loved working with kids and helping them, which is why I'm majoring in elementary and special education. Sure kids can be tough to work with, but often times they don't know any better, and things can be worked on. After all, if you don't work on the tough things when they're young, they'll never learn it for the future. I'm also a bit of a kid myself, haha. I don't think I ever really truly grew up to be 20. 10 year old Syd is still hanging around. :)

Edit: Forgot to mention, even though I like kids, I am still unsure about having any myself. Cause you know you're like...stuck with them. lol And your own child is different from your cousins or your students. And the birthing process ugh.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Not until I get to know them. By default, I dislike children. In fact, if I see a mother scolding her child at a store, my first thought is "What did that child do to that poor mother?"

Years
  • Remember at one point we were all snot-nosed little devils throwing temper tantrums in stores. I love kids, Probably because being the oldest sibling & oldest of my cousins, I've grew up with one around constantly so I'm used to them by now.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    The rowdy, annoying, loud ones that beg for stuff really irritate me. The only kid (though she's considered a toddler) that I see often and like is my best friend's sister. She's really cute and likes to pretend to be my daughter (somehow I don't get dirty looks from strangers, having her loudly call me "mommy").

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    inb4 Shining Raichu!

Still, it all depends on the child itself. If they're any of those things: Spoiled, noisy, likes to reach after things, & selfish overall, then I'd like nothing more than to strangle them with my bare hands, especially if either or both of their parents are bad ones overall.

If none of those apply to the kid, then I'm indifferent at worst.

outfox

in
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2013
    Kids are the only kinds of people I can trust and tolerate. Once opinions start developing, get 'em out of my sight.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 10, 2013
    Not until I get to know them. By default, I dislike children. In fact, if I see a mother scolding her child at a store, my first thought is "What did that child do to that poor mother?"
    I'm kinda the opposite of this haha. I don't have any problem with kids, just until (if, really) they start to get on my nerves by doing things, especially on purpose. But typically I like kids. That doesn't mean I'm interact well with kids. It's kinda awkward tbh haha.

Years
  • In general, I get along great with kids. I think I might become a teacher after college. Based on my experiences as a junior counselor at summer camp, most kids aren't spoiled or loud, but a significant minority are. You just gotta find the ones you really like.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • It really depends on the child and how they are being raised. I absolutely cannot stand arrogant, greedy spoiled brats. On the other hand there are some insanely kind, generous, thoughtful and curious-about-the-world children that are often more enjoyable company than adults.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
    Years
  • I don't hate most kids. (I even know a couple noisy ones that can still be very polite and even sickeningly sweet.) I just... don't know how to deal with them. I don't have any much-younger siblings, and just about all the kids of my parents' friends are bratty, rude, and otherwise just extremely annoying. One actually thinks hitting people in the face is acceptable behavior! In that person's house, even! (Obviously, yes, this has happened to me.)

I'm definitely a pet person, to say the least. Spending more than my entire life with pets (as in, my parents had a dog while I was in the womb) has made me a huge pet lover. I can happily say that there are no bad pets; just bad pet owners. The same doesn't apply for human children. (Especially the brat that hits people for fun, since I know his parents are decent and his little sister's much more tolerable.)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I have grown to despise children after working in retail. Their parents bring them to the checkout, they cry and then grab all the pamphlets in the holder and throw them everywhere, leaving me to clean it up. Not to mention they leave drool on stuff I have to scan :/

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • Without having to be attached to them for any reason, yes. The last time I volunteered at a daycare? Not so much.

I generally think kids, ages 4/5ish to maybe like 8 or 9 are cute or funny. There's a reason why a show called Kids Say the Darndest Things existed. You seriously can't write the kind of things children come up with, and if you're a whimsical sort, you eat that all up. They're also really imaginative, which is inspiring to say the least when you're trying to be an imaginative adult.

I also love the use of children in cartoons or animated movies. I understand why they aren't primarily used, but nothing will ever beat the pure authenticness of using a child's voice. It adds so much more to whatever you've got.

Years
  • Kids are okay for the most part. They can get pretty obnoxious, but hey, it happens to everyone at some point in time. Just as long as they aren't screaming their lungs off.

I like kids I know far more than random ones. My nieces and nephews, for example, are all adorable. <3

Don't think I'll have any of my own. At least, not for a very long time. I like interacting with them, but I don't think I want one 24/7.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Everyone knows Andy's reaction lmao.

Kids are alright. Generally, they did my head in when I had to do work experience at a local primary school. Cousins etc, don't really bother me I suppose because I know them (and they're family), but stranger kids (especially loud and rough/physical ones) get on my nerves quite a bit.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2021
    The kids I see today, gosh. I mean, they're cute when they don't get into trouble and do not act like smart alecs, but that is rare to my eyes these days.

Back