Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Reload this Page RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Featured | Spinoffs

Closed Thread

Old January 4th, 2013 (10:50 AM).
Dragonite<3

Nature: Mild
Regarding the upcoming announcement, it seems pokemon.com is doing a countdown of their own: "Pokémon Fans! Check back in 4 days for major news!"
Old January 4th, 2013 (10:54 AM).
Madara

Well the American site is talking about the announcement now so if a new game maybe a international announcement. I mean BW2 localization was pretty short , so maybe from now on Nintendo and Nintendo of America will be working together more closely to cut down localization or even have u.s and Japanese release dates the same.
Heck maybe Game Freak is expanding
Old January 4th, 2013 (11:02 AM).

Nature: Calm
Bulbapedia's news twitter account just tweeted that the announcement will be international. So I think there will be something big announced if that's true.
Old January 4th, 2013 (11:12 AM). Edited January 4th, 2013 by Blue.
masquerade
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
So America too? It certainly must be something important. The fact that it's gone the way it has, I can't really call what this announcement might be. At first it seemed logical that it was the next games since it was only Japan making announcement preparation but now that it's International, it's definitely something else.
Old January 4th, 2013 (11:21 AM).

Nature: Serious
Well. This is definitly big news.
Old January 4th, 2013 (11:22 AM).

Quote originally posted by Nepse:
Regarding the upcoming announcement, it seems pokemon.com is doing a countdown of their own: "Pokémon Fans! Check back in 4 days for major news!"
The international anouncement pretty much confirms it's something big.
Old January 4th, 2013 (12:14 PM). Edited January 4th, 2013 by Blue.
masquerade
Platinum Tier

I'm hoping this isn't the end of Pokemon, although I doubt they would publicize it so much just to tell us that. They have just started out with the 3DS and haven't had the opportunity to take Pokemon to the next level yet so I can't see it ending just yet. Now this seems too big to be just a game announcement.
Old January 4th, 2013 (12:23 PM).
Poké-atheist

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Last time that happened, was in 2010...the site turned to black/white with huge Reshiram/Zekrom sugimori art on them.

Kind of what I tried to do in my sig for my fakemon.

So yeah, no surprise there. Cant wait to see what they figured out this time
Old January 4th, 2013 (12:50 PM).

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
I'm hoping this isn't the end of Pokemon, although I doubt they would publicize it so much just to tell us that. They have just started out with the 3DS and haven't had the opportunity to take Pokemon to the next level yet so I can't see it ending just yet. Now this seems too big to be just a game announcement.
This has been said so many times its ridiculous. Pokemon makes to much to end "just cause". They wouldn't just end it out of the blue.
Old January 4th, 2013 (01:00 PM).

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
I sure hope not. Bw2 were good, but no grand finale good.
Going out on one of my many limbs here but...
An international anouncement ( if say it was a game)
Supports my rse remake theory, that they had begun work on it after or during the finalization of the original black and white. Which would give them more than enough time to have a secret project finished and ready for localization during the advertisement phase... it would explain all the likeliness between bw2 amd hoenn also...but this all cannot go without saying it could also be gen 6
Just kinda hopin its rse
Old January 4th, 2013 (01:55 PM).
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
perhaps a game in which the player can acces all 5 main regions? so hoenn would be included in there as well..

GROUND SAFARI

Phanpy
Nincada
Diggersby
Old January 4th, 2013 (01:58 PM).
masquerade
Platinum Tier

This international announcement may be due to the game stepping onto the 3DS coupes with more important news but I still can't figure out what they have planned at this time. The only other time they made an announcement like this simultaneously was when they unveiled the mascots for Pokemon Black & White..
Old January 4th, 2013 (02:21 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Since its international, chances its just an event just went up in my book. Even if it were new games, they'd post most of the info in japan. Since TPC has an international announcement, its either download, new store expansion, new infofor the TCG, or opening of a new merchandise, hell it could be a contest of some sorts. Like a sweepstakes.

With the big announcement being international, its not from gamefreak. High chance it isn't.
Old January 4th, 2013 (02:24 PM).

Which is exactly what could happen here. Let's face it, unless it's a complete curve ball it's something involving the main series games. The translation rates between games is constantly narrowing.

I feel like it could be an announcement of a new game, with the titles only released, with possibly a Louisette. Following this, Coro Coro reveals the official image of the new Pokémon, and things go from there.

Unfortunately, this announcement seems too big to be RS remakes. Like I've said, RS remakes would seem to be more beneficial on the 3DS where we wait a few more years for a better game rather than a game which could be improved and be much better on the console which is already out there!

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE | MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Old January 4th, 2013 (02:30 PM).

Yeah...
On the last page, i wrote a post about how alot of similarities between bw2 and hoenn could be that they knew hoenn was next in line but had bigger plans,
So they give us the nostalgia of hoenn in a different setting as a kind gesture.
So while hoenn takes the back burner for a while they rev up gen 6
Pretty much i classified all my previous ideas under the theory above this sentence except for two.
The magma and aqua grunts and the revive beside the employees desk in gamefreak with the sneaky dialogue
Those are the only two things i didnt see necessary for nostalgia. I mean the team grunts would be more fairly nostalgic and easier to view that way if they were introduced in less of an easter egg manor

you gotta know that I adore you
Old January 4th, 2013 (02:34 PM).
masquerade
Platinum Tier

IIRC, they haven't made such a big deal out of something smaller than a new game i.e Wi-Fi Event as to posting reminders on the official websites regarding a "major announcement"
Old January 4th, 2013 (02:40 PM).
I'M ALL FIRED UP
ModeratorBS

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I hope it's RSE remakes! Though why would they simultaneously announce remakes for a previous game? It could make some sense if they were trying to appeal to the younger players and if they were sequels instead of direct remakes, they could be saying, "Look! Play in an all new Hoenn region!" (could sound like an all new region for the newbies or a fresh new Hoenn for the oldies)

An all region game would be kinda cool, but it would kind of screw with the AU story I have going on in my head with all the characters and regions Haha.

It's definitely not going to be, "Guys, we're ending Pokemon." Why would they do that after pushing BW so hard, which was basically advertised as a fresh start for people, and was basically created just so that people could feel like it was all new and so new people could just jump in. Plus, it seems the vibe is, "Guys!! New Pokemon news on January 8th, be sure to check it out! " (excited, something new) not, "Guys... there's going to be some big news regarding Pokemon on January 8th..." (sad, not exciting, not good - see?)
Old January 4th, 2013 (02:48 PM).

I don't know why some are saying it may not be game related just because its going to be on the international website too. Do people not remember that B2/W2 were put up on Pokemon.com the exact same moment it was put up on the official Japanese website after Smash?

The fact they are making such a huge deal out of it with a countdown etc, there is no way it isn't game related. All this hype just for an event is absolutely asinine. Im also certain it means that whatever games are announced, that an international release will be this year too. I doubt they would reveal a game a year in advance.
Old January 4th, 2013 (02:52 PM).
masquerade
Platinum Tier

It must be worthy of receiving a countdown for all international websites, a Wi-Fi event or something other along those lines seems too low key, a game seems worthy of what they're currently promoting but whether an R/S remake is deemed for this I'm not sure. I can't see them doing ANOTHER sequel (for Hoenn) directly after B2W2 which were sequels themselves, that would be ridiculous. Only got a few days now though and I'm sure we'll get some indication tomorrow on Pokemon Smash.
Old January 4th, 2013 (03:08 PM).
I'M ALL FIRED UP
ModeratorBS

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I don't see why it would be ridiculous to have 2 sequels in a row, especially since it's been soo long since RSE that for a lot of people they're just completely new games in general.
Old January 4th, 2013 (03:19 PM).
masquerade
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Lapras*:
I don't see why it would be ridiculous to have 2 sequels in a row, especially since it's been soo long since RSE that for a lot of people they're just completely new games in general.
Maybe not ridiculous but I don't see the point of consecutively releasing two sets of sequels, the last time we had a remake was 4 years ago when comparing to a sequel which was less than a year ago.
Old January 4th, 2013 (03:22 PM).

Quote originally posted by Lapras*:
I agree. I mean i still play around with hacking ruby and have done overhauled maps twice for ruby... the areas and towns are kind of fuzzy to remember. Hoenn is just old now. It may not be quite the right time to some... but it definately is far from the wrong time... although i dont think they should be sequels... you can overhaul the hoenn region and make it feel brand new without putting a lable on it
Then again all the names like sparkling ruby and shimmering sapphire
And ruby red and sapphire blue... just seems corny to me
Now that i think about it... when the time comes i would much
Prefer a ruby2 and sapphire2
Vs.
Flaming ruby and sunken sapphire or whatever lol
Old January 4th, 2013 (03:53 PM).

It must be something big, maybe it's a new region close to Unova, including the Original dragon
Old January 4th, 2013 (04:09 PM).
Poké-atheist

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
The thing is even on http://www.pokemon.com/us/ now.

Shiz gettin real folks.
Old January 4th, 2013 (04:11 PM). Edited January 4th, 2013 by scprepschool.

Quote originally posted by HyperXhydra:
It must be something big, maybe it's a new region close to Unova, including the Original dragon
I guess im one of the few that doesnt think thr original dragon is a plot loophole.
For instance drayden sais that the dna splicers and kyurem came to exsist around the same era as the dragonspiral tower and white and dark stone...
He even goes as far as to question if kyurem is some sort of husk or shell left from the original split...
With the newer games taking more of a realistic turn in mythology and archeology and the science of early creationism, an npc is not gonna come right out and say this is fact about this legend and yada yada
So gamefreak wants us to pretty much know that kyurem is a species
That they dont know alot about but is a part of the split of the original dragon
So imagine how strong black and white kyurem are right...
Now imagine the original dragons stats... single dragon typing with fire lightning and ice at its disposal
It would be overpowered...
Im not saying your idea is stupid...
Heck i dont care if its a floating region above unova
But four games in one generation of the same region
Is enough unova for me, i mean they also kind have already exhausted team plasma and the truth and ideals thing.
No more unova lol. I have my copies of all four unova games
I dont need 6 lol

I didnt mean to sound like a prick either just trying to input a friendly opinion

you gotta know that I adore you
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links