The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Do you like the Dream World?
Yes 51 46.36%
No 59 53.64%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 9th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Sector

Nature: Naughty

Advertise here
Got my lovely beautiful female Ninetales with Drought. Dream World couldn't be much nicer
Old December 10th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Pingouin_7
This account is now inactive

Nature: Hardy
One flaw:
You guys dislike the Dream World because it deprives you of berries unless you use your computer.
However, you'd be using your computer anyway even without the Dream World.
How much does it hurt to log on and sync to the Dream World?
I can understand for those who don't have Wi-Fi access on their DS, though.

Also, I would say the majority should be hating on the fact they cannot get berries without Dream World, not about the PDW itself.
Otherwise, you'd be hating pretty much the only thing that gives you access to said item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings Don't Cry View Post
What's the point in a GLOBAL link if everything distributed is region locked? I can't even get half the C-Gear skins.
I couldn't access the Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise C-Gear skins because I live in Canada.
Did you know what I did to fix that?
I told the Global Link I lived in the United Kingdom.

Give it a try, it's not as bad as it sounds.
On the downside, you lose access to anything that would normally only be available for your home country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 100 Mega Shock View Post
You honestly think that's an issue? Adding an item that can be activated, or a location in the game that lets you encounter Pokémon with their Hidden Abilities set is so simple that even a novice could program it in without causing any problems to the game.

if (special_item_is_active) or (location = special_location);
[set the flag that determines hidden abilities to on]

Two lines of code you can add at the part where the game generates a new Pokémon in a random battle.
That is wrong on so many levels...

Last edited by Pingouin_7; December 10th, 2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old December 10th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Trance and Moss

Nature: Modest
I am not a big fan of it, I think I prefer the Pokewalker.

Old December 12th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Raichupacabra
Villain

Nature: Hasty
I only don't like the loading times and games that take forever such as that bloody Wailord game.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X | 3DS Friend Code: 4313-1107-3365
(PM me with your Friend Code and tell me if you have added me)
Old December 12th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Goblinaro
[Insert creative title here]

Nature: Lax
I completely agree with you, Amachi. It's just too much of a hassle for me, especially with college being as crazy as it is. It's got a good idea, but it shouldn't have been done through a medium differing from that of the game itself.
Old December 14th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Kitsune Genetica
Tea and crumpets!

Nature: Docile
I don't hate it per se. It's a good effort by Nintendo to add some metagame content. My problem is that it's way too convoluted to get into- it's almost not worth the effort for a random Pokemon with a special ability. That will probably not be suitable for a viable battling party.

tl;dr it's too detatched from the actual game to be of any use.

Old December 29th, 2011, 01:51 AM
Musashi
Nope, that's not me

Nature: Brave
Send a message via AIM to Musashi Send a message via Yahoo to Musashi Send a message via Skype™ to Musashi
I'm very unimpressed with the Dream World. I was so excited for it to come out and it's just a huge disappointment to me. Really, I mean... it's just so boring and the mini games aren't any fun at all. The one Pokemon per twenty-four hours thing is a real pain in the butt and inconvenience. I wasn't able to figure out how to send my birthday Togekiss to my game during my birth month either, but that's more or less my own fault. :/
Old December 29th, 2011, 03:18 AM
Shiny_Latios
Trainer

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shiny_Latios
I actually like Dream World, but this is due to many personal reasons, e.g. Having only 1 DS and no people nearby that use a DS means that I can get hold of Pokemon in my copy of White that I normally couldn't get in there.

Plus it doesn't matter to me moving out of the game, onto my laptop, i do other things, it becomes part of my online routine and as for berries, I don't care about berries, I never used them is Hoenn, Sinnoh so Unova getting berries from the dream world is no biggie.

Tbh it isn't an essential part of the game and you don't have to use it, so if you don't like it don't.
Old December 29th, 2011, 04:58 AM
Azure Rathalδs
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I think that the dream world is a better addition to the series than the Pokewalker personally. It's very easy to access and doesn't require an extra device. Not to mention, getting Pokemon with special abilities is a very good offer.
Old December 29th, 2011, 09:32 PM
miakalina

Nature: Impish
I love the Dream World.
The only thing I don't like is not being able to choose what area you go to and the 24 hour penalty that you get.
Old December 29th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Trance and Moss

Nature: Modest
Man, what is up with that ice cream game. And the detection on that mine cart level?? horrible.

Old December 30th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
I dislike the Dream World, too. I hate how you have to go on the computer to do it. It would be much better if the Dream World was in the game--not online. That would make me like it more.
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old December 31st, 2011, 07:24 PM
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Nature: Calm
I don't like the dream world because you need a computer. I'd rather just have all the stuff included in the cartridge.
Old December 31st, 2011, 07:52 PM
Ratty524

Nature: Calm
So far, I'm kind of bugged by the fact that game freak is making us rely on an external feature as something entirely new. This has been going on since the first set of Pokemon games, yes it's a cheap marketing strategy but it apparently works.

I personally have no use for the Dream World since I just use Pokegen and action replay my ****. From what I've experienced during the first period it was released, however, I just found it to be very cumbersome. The limitations it set were disappointing, not to mention the minigames grew pretty stale and I only consider the flying game to be fun. The fact that you have to use it to legitimately get berries is also cumbersome, especially since the EV-reducing berries are something EVERY competitive battler wants.

Ultimately, Dream World felt more like a chore than anything fun, I don't really regret leaving it.
Old December 31st, 2011, 08:05 PM
TwiDragon
The fun shawl be doubled!

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TwiDragon Send a message via Skype™ to TwiDragon
I have a computer, and I can use it, so I have no problems with it. I don't really fetch berries, and if I need an ability I will normally borrow a pokemon from someone and breed it.

Also, its not like the Pokemon games had locked content before
Gen I - Pokemon needed to be traded over to "catch em' all" and the evolve forms
Gen II - even more evolve forms
Gen III - Not much other than that one thing from FR/LG
Gen IV - The PokeWalker, and PalPark
Gen V - Dream World and WiFi

There have always been parts of the game that have limited people from access to the full content.
Old January 1st, 2012, 08:54 AM
Ritzz
Bazinga

Nature: Mild
I didn't even know what Dreamworld was, so rather than mess with it, I left it alone. Sounds like it sucked for the most part anyways.
Old December 26th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Forever
let it go

Sup, I'm bringing this thread back to life this week - a little late! Nevertheless keep in mind older posters won't really reply to you but you can use their posts as discussion points ~
Old December 27th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I think the concept of the Dream World was a really good idea, but it lacked a little bit in execution. Maybe it's just because I have an old computer, but I find the mini-games run awfully slow, with some that have a 1:30 time limit taking nearly 5 minutes to play. And if you're closer to a casual player than a hardcore one, the Pokemon with Hidden Abilities are nice, but don't serve you much purpose getting them at level 10, other than the beginning of the game (this is how I got my Wobbufett in White, and Druddigon & Growlithe in B2 much earlier than normal).

Again, good idea, but I felt it could have been better.
Old December 28th, 2012, 04:44 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuki's Sword View Post
I dislike the Dream World, too. I hate how you have to go on the computer to do it. It would be much better if the Dream World was in the game--not online. That would make me like it more.
I mainly agree with what she said, while I do have a computer, I didn't like the Dream World in general. It may have nice items, berries and Pokemon to collect, the flaws is that silly time limit, and if my mother caught me using it she'd think I'm still acting like a little kid.

Maybe this was why B2/W2 relieved the getting some Hidden Abilities issue with the Hidden Grottos, but yeah I do admit the Dream World should have been included in the game itself and not online.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

on a leave of absence

Old December 28th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

While I always use the computer, I never planned on getting a DW account because: 1) I have a limit on how many sites I joined, so I won't be too distracted, and 2) I don't like how it's one account per cartridge rather than all 4 cartridges sharing one account. The Hidden Grotto was a nice feature, but it's still lacking some Pokemon I want for my team (i.e. Thick Fat Mamoswine).
Old December 28th, 2012, 09:05 AM
IStreamSandwich
Karen Gillan <3
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
I don't like how it's one account per cartridge rather than all 4 cartridges sharing one account.
I joined the Dream World today and it asked for my ID. My account was telling me I was playing Pokemon White but also gave me the opportunity to add more game cards to the account, if this is what you were referring to.
Old December 28th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeInfuse View Post
I joined the Dream World today and it asked for my ID. My account was telling me I was playing Pokemon White but also gave me the opportunity to add more game cards to the account, if this is what you were referring to.
Well that changes everything for me; too bad my first reason prevents me from getting an account. Joining here in PC, as well as MSN, Skype, and Steam are enough, but there is a chance for me get one once MSN and Skype merge. Perhaps now I could get the DW Mamoswine and Alakazam I want.
Old December 28th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
I don't really have an opinion, it's alright I suppose.

I voted no though because I slightly lean towards not liking it...just because it's awkward and seems gimmicky just for the sake of it.
Old December 29th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
I played dream world for the first time yesterday. It's been over a day now and it wont let me do it again... Now I hate the dream world.

Wonder Trade!!!
Old January 5th, 2013, 12:21 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I actually like the Dream World, it's like a 2nd alternative to the PokeWalker (Although you don't gain experience )

It gives me something to do on the PC when I'm bored haha. And capturing Pokemon via minigames is a really nice feature for me. I like the Dream World
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here