The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Old January 15th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Forever
let it go

We've seen different types of Town Maps over the years, with the original maps being not really descriptive... dots on a thing that looks like a real pirate map, while in recent games we've seen colour maps with a background image that shows what each area looks like, somewhat.

With the fact that these games are on the 3DS, which means more 3D capabilities than ever before, do you think that the map will improve to showing photos, screenshots or even just scrolling across the region, or the area even? And when using the town map to fly, do you think you'll be able to fly to the green squares even? Is there anything else that could improve the Town Map and make areas/routes more memorable to you?

Also, on another note, would you like to have the Town Map as a key item in your bag from the start? Or do you like the idea of receiving it from someone, making it really feel like you're new to the region and everyone's being helpful?
Old January 15th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Esper

I want to get the map at the beginning during the initial explanation, like the running shoes and so on. Just as long as I get to use it before I strike out on my own. It's nice for the story if someone like the professor or your parents gives it to you so I'd like the to continue.

I kind of like the simpler maps, but if they could it would be great if the map could alternate views like you can do with real online maps. You know, have one version that shows terrain, one that shows points of interest, one that shows elevation, maybe one retro styled one, and so on. More customization would be nice.

deviantart blog pair
Old January 16th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
What I would love to see in regards to the Town Map... is a 3D Town Map that has a layout somewhat like a GPS system in the game, where it's 3D along with real photo of the entire region with 3D buildings showing, and the lines along that show the Routes, then the squares that show the Towns or Cities.

I'd also like to see the Zoom feature return, as well as having it improve to see your exact location with an icon. So I'd kind of say that I could speculate it somewhat like how Google Earth shows the countries, roads and stuff like that. It would be amazing to see it in 3D.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 16th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I kind of wish there was some sort of shortcut to open the Town Map instead of digging through my bag to find it, as I always found that sort of a hassle.
Old January 16th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Yamiidenryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
I kind of wish there was some sort of shortcut to open the Town Map instead of digging through my bag to find it, as I always found that sort of a hassle.
You can mark it as one of your Y-button items in BW. I'm hoping they'll keep the feature in XY.

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Old January 16th, 2013, 10:47 AM
The_Mew

O.M.G. Its kinda impossible, but to at least have the most major buildings in 3D would be really awesome. ( i mean like google earthish
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:36 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I want the google earthish look too but after you arrive at a location to avoid spoiling the rest of the game (some people enjoy getting lost you know.).
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:40 AM
☆aqua☆
Ace Trainer!! :p

Nature: Sassy
I think showing screenshots would be cool. I also really hope they change the name to "Region Map" or just "Map" because "Town Map" makes no sense when it's a map of the entire region >.<
Old January 16th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Kotowari
Will be back eventually
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I want the google earthish look too but after you arrive at a location to avoid spoiling the rest of the game (some people enjoy getting lost you know.).
A bit like FR/LG did with the pictures you got when you entered special areas (Pokémon Mansion, Power Plant, Dark Tunnel, Pokémon Tower, Viridan Forest, etc). I mean, that could work. They did the unlock things as you go before. (I really liked those, btw... I wouldn't mind if they came back.)

On a side note, I'd love for the town map to get more substance. Though I don't really use it that much (except when flying), I wouldn't mind if it became more picture-esque. I'm thinking in the likes of the region artwork, but to not give everything away, they might blur or cloud parts of the picture.

"We shall build a peaceful world... Just you and me..."
Old January 16th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I want it how it was in Pokemon XD Gale Of Darkness, 3D structures of the Towns/areas.

Team αlpha
Old January 16th, 2013, 01:58 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I want it how it was in Pokemon XD Gale Of Darkness, 3D structures of the Towns/areas.

I would like it to look a lot like that too. I'm also guessing that we'll have the Town Map on the gadget we get like the Pokégear, and it'll produce 3D holograms.
Old January 16th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Yeah same here; maybe it should be a pictured 'map' icon that's on the bottom of the touchscreen, and you can touch it to open it anytime. I hope the map is touch screened-interactive too; like, you can make scribbles, or... make small notes like if you were writing on a treasure map, or something.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links