The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Old January 11th, 2013, 03:01 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zupplu View Post
That already happens after a battle, and maybe they could do something like if you press B while in battle one time your Pokemon will only try to evolve after a battle. Just a thought.
Yeah but say it levels up five times in the course of one battle, you'll have to press B five times, it gets annoying. And some people wouldn't want to make the pokemon's item a everstone.
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Ω & α... Join the Bandwagon!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Yeah but say it levels up five times in the course of one battle, you'll have to press B five times, it gets annoying. And some people wouldn't want to make the pokemon's item a everstone.
What I meant is a Pokemon can't evolve inbattle if it had been denied to evolve once. So for example, my Magikarp gained a level and wanted to evolve, and I press B. This means no matter how many levels I gain in this battle he will not evolve because I already denied him.
Old January 11th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000
The Ultimate Dark Pokémon...

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
I've been wanting this since R/S/E, it would really shake things up, change the flow of battle, and turn the tables in your favor at the last second, just like in the anime. I always thought a Pokemon should evolve during a battle if it happens to reach that level. Apparently the battle system is being tweaked, so this might be a new mechanic that's added.
Old January 11th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
This would be so neat, except for when you don't want to evolve something and you have to press the B button a ton of times. :( But at least you wouldn't accidentally gain too many levels and miss a move that you gain upon evolving at that level (Combusken's Double Kick at 16 after Torchic evolves, for example). I think it'd be worth dealing with the B button pressing, since I don't think it's often that people keep something unevolved for that long.
Old January 17th, 2013, 12:22 AM
alecr9
Unhatched Egg

I can definitely get behind the idea of mid battle evolution, seems more dramatic, which i love.

Sponsored Links