• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pseudo-Legendary Speculation

Sirius

Wrong Thread.
Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2013
    My main hope is for there to be a Trio of Fire/Psychic, Water/Dark, and Grass/Fighting if we don't get really cool Full Evo starter types, or at least the Fire/Psychic pseudo with a design like a more arcane Arcanine. Another great one would be more things like Hydreigon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I like the Poison/Dragon typing for it. It'd also be able to absorb toxic spikes.

Yeah that'd be great but the fact is it's psuedo-legendary. Psychic has always been a useful typing, and even if it's base stats are amazing, generally even in the bigger tiers, such as OU and Ubers even, it could be easily shut down by things like Garchomp and Latios, and I don't really see a psuedo-legendary being... down low in the tiers, if that makes sense. ;x I just don't really see poison as a psuedo typing purely because poison isn't that useful in the higher tiers, and more so for the weaker tiers with weaker Pokemon honestly. Buuut that's just from a competitive POV.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2013
    I'd like to see a ghost type pseuedo legendary. Perhaps dragon/ghost? I think that'd be pretty cool.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Another cool idea imo for a Pseudo would be a Fighting/Flying Legendary based on either the bird faced warrior of Hindu myth, the Garuda. Or an angelic like Pokemon. Garuda's were the enemies of Naga's (multi headed snakes/dragons) while the Angel Michael irc is said to slay the dragon at end times so perhaps the new pseudo could be rivals with Hydreigon or make a second Pseudo, Dragon/Poison or Poison/Fire based on the Naga.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Personally, I think a Pseudo Legendary focusing on defensive typing, with relatively attacking stats would be interesting. A Dark/Ghost Pokemon would have no weaknesses and be a really cool, with no weaknesses and would prove tricky to deal with. Also, a Psychic/Fighting would have only weaknesses to ghost and flying, and would be something completely fresh. We all know how powerful Medicham is, what about something like that but less fragile?

jov0006

Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!
    Years
  • I'd like to see a pseudo with ghost primary and ice secondary, maybe a wraith that ISNT huge?

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • I would still like the next one to be a dragon. "Unique" designs are great, but remember, you still want people to want to play with it. Not that that can't be achieved with a Pokémon that isn't dragon type, but some of the ideas people have posted seem off putting to me. Some sound like they would be better suited for something less powerful. A Pseudo Legendary can't be a niche Pokémon, IMO

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
    Years
  • As much as I love the hell out of Dragons, I'm actually hoping we get a non-Dragon this time to freshen things up. Tyranitar was sick so I'm sure they'll make something nice.

Sound type pseudo lets go.

Years
  • I want to see A fighting type or a bug type, bugs have gotten a lot more awesome as generations have gone on but really (if you ask me) they could use another heavy hitter. Actually and Ice type would be pretty awesome also but I don't know if they would since it would make all those dragons pretty much null and void.

Back