The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 18th, 2013, 02:56 AM
loonie23
Pokemaniac™

Nature: Serious
how can i go to omni region? Blitz says that dragon something like that please help me.
Old January 18th, 2013, 08:03 AM
jstolze

Hey, DRG: I noticed a problem with the evolution of Fraxure to Haxorus. It's attack goes down, instead of going up. I checked on YAPE, and it went from 117 to 110. It should be 145 IIRC. Just throwin that out there.
Edit: When Kirlia evolves to Gallade, it's Level goes up by a bit. I went to YAPE again, and the EXP rates do not match. Gallade's EXP Growth should be 1,250,000.

Last edited by jstolze; January 18th, 2013 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 18th, 2013, 11:18 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
Came to check in really quick and notice these 2 problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonie23 View Post
how can i go to omni region? Blitz says that dragon something like that please help me.
The omni region will be in Dark Rising 2. After Blitz, go through the door behind him to reach Malice Path and then to Draco Village through the building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstolze View Post
Hey, DRG: I noticed a problem with the evolution of Fraxure to Haxorus. It's attack goes down, instead of going up. I checked on YAPE, and it went from 117 to 110. It should be 145 IIRC. Just throwin that out there.
Edit: When Kirlia evolves to Gallade, it's Level goes up by a bit. I went to YAPE again, and the EXP rates do not match. Gallade's EXP Growth should be 1,250,000.
Haxorus stats and Gallade exp growth have been fixed in the latest update. Everyone be sure to download it until I return. Thank You.
Old January 18th, 2013, 11:22 AM
loonie23
Pokemaniac™

wheres building theres only dray and florina block the way? Help please and hows the progress of pdr2? Sorry for my english
Old January 18th, 2013, 11:48 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesntKnowHowToPlay View Post

I'm sure this has been pointed out before, but Pikachu is missing its head.

However nice these grass tiles may look normally, they look *very bad* when the player is walking through them.

Considering that this battle comes with no warning in the first area before you have Pokeballs, it should probably be toned down- that damage was from a single Weather Ball at full HP.

I got lucky with the RNG so this battle wasn't as difficult but I still think it's rather silly to demand the player to defeat level 12s with Intimidate before getting Pokeballs, to say nothing of the fact that you gave the Axew line Intimidate...

This is about as nonsensical as it gets for an area transition. Who sets up shop in a cave?

Every part of this encounter is soul-crushingly awful- the protagonist being railroaded into being an idiot with badly written dialogue is one thing, but then having a tutorial advise the player to use "strategy" in the face of a railroaded level 50 battle is insulting. Up to this point there have been zero opportunities to use any strategy whatsoever, as the player is not able to catch any other Pokemon, acquire any renewable items, or use moves other than Sand-Attack, Tackle, and Bite. The fact that the protagonist is both the tall opposite of silent and an idiot does not help.

I really don't have much motivation to play beyond this point, other than to continue poking holes in it- the writing is painful to read, the maps are a mess, and the game itself looks to be an poorly balanced and actively hostile grind.
The reason why you probably haven't heard anyone else critisize about these issues before is the fact the people who actually care didn't bother writing anything about it.

I personally tested this hack in Vizzed and couldn't help noticing all the things that were also pointed out here; several tile errors and bad planning at some point of the game. For instance the way you encounter that teacher using Roselia there, it shouldn't happen so you're forced to fight her, especially not because she will totally beat you up if you aren't well-prepared to face her.
It could have simply been implemented so that you could choose either YES or NO and that way, actually control the actions of the main character.

About that mart being there in the cave, I guess it makes sense because you have to get "Oak's Parcel" or whatever replaces it in this hack. Should have been implemented some other way, if possible.

Then the Tornadus battle... I can't remember what I was thinking when I had to face it. I probably laughed actually, it felt something so silly. Why should you have to face a level 50 Tornadus in the beginning of the game? If you want that to happen, go ahead but a battle like this one would have required modifying the text shown during those "introductions of battle strategies" at least.

All in all, this is not a bad hack at all (although I made it to sound like that). There are of course many good things about it as well. But just pointing out that there are several issues with it that should be fixed to make it reasonable at times.

As advice though; if you're not going to fix these issues, try to do the job better with DR2. Loaning the words of the guy who I quoted, this is actually an important thing to keep in mind; "The fact that the protagonist is both the tall opposite of silent and an idiot does not help.". There are times when you actually should make the protagonist talk!

In a game that diverts from the original pokemon typish gameplay like this does, you should consider making the main character talk during the cutscenes like this one here. They do that in almost every RPG game there, I might even say pokemon is one of the few exceptions where the main character doesn't normally talk and it's not like a rom hack must follow the same path.

All that being said, I didn't come here to shout "how bad this hack is". No. I personally wouldn't want to see someone to do the same thing with my hack.
But the thing is there are lots of things there that should be improved if you wanted the hack to be good and actually fun to be played.

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations

Last edited by miksy91; January 18th, 2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old January 18th, 2013, 12:09 PM
loonie23
Pokemaniac™

i found it now im on my way to castle thanks i really like it but still theres so many bug.
Old January 18th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Darkrai Of Unova
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Darkrai Of Unova Send a message via Yahoo to Darkrai Of Unova
First hacked i played in a year so far so good thx
Old January 18th, 2013, 02:14 PM
patter

Great ROM but I am playing via gameboid on my galaxy s3. I got really far but it just ended. Do you have an updated version that is .GBA compatible?! Or a way to patch it so it will play via my boy or gameboid!

Thanks!
Old January 18th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Alexheroalex
Unhatched Egg

Plz can someone tell me in wich parts does the game changes after the patch, for me to be sure that I applyed the patch well
Old January 18th, 2013, 03:45 PM
GamerGirl1018
Unhatched Egg

can somebody please help me? i cant find where to download this game and when i click a download full version it took me to another gaming website that had nothing to do with Pokemon
Old January 18th, 2013, 05:58 PM
jstolze

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGirl1018 View Post
can somebody please help me? i cant find where to download this game and when i click a download full version it took me to another gaming website that had nothing to do with Pokemon
Huh, weird. You might have clicked an ad or something. The download link you click is at the bottom of the first page, just fyi.
Old January 18th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Alexheroalex
Unhatched Egg

Hi, once again if someone coul answear my previous question I would appreciate and btw when does it comes out the dark rising 2
Old January 18th, 2013, 09:24 PM
yxh0213
Scizor

I'm a student from China.My English is not very well.Could you please tell me the Download URL ?I can't find it in the Posts.Thanks alot
Old January 18th, 2013, 10:35 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by yxh0213 View Post
I'm a student from China.My English is not very well.Could you please tell me the Download URL ?I can't find it in the Posts.Thanks alot
All the download links and stuff are always available on the first page of the thread among introductions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Because Tynamo replaced Spinda who has different dots depending on its data.
I've already explained this phenomenon.
Also DrG said that they are already infected by Darugis so those weird looking Tynamos make sense in the hack

Last edited by alienhunterx; January 18th, 2013 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 19th, 2013, 12:28 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Also DrG said that they are already infected by Darugis so those weird looking Tynamos make sense in the hack
Actually she just threw it there to explain it xD

Anyways, I'm continuing with the hack and... for some reason errors keep on coming, nothing game breaking, though...
I'm just letting it pass even though one did make me mad... when you battle the old dude in vestibule, if you do the bad thing and talk with his OW, you battle him and then you must battle him again as tile script... :/ Not cool as you don't get more M-Balls...
But I'm kinda starting to hate the level difference... I mean... in the lab you might walk into an elevator by accident and you are engadged into battle with 6 >80lv Pokémon... not to mention battle with your rival, again >80lv Pokémon... this is kinda overkill for 5th gym... I mean it's nice to have Lucky Eggs and we get nice exps for those high leveled Pokémon but serously... You have, at best, team of 65-70lvs there so you get killed immediately... Not having "overleveled" (75) Lucario and Umbreon, I would be dead meat in no time...
Since you pretty much don't have access to good grinding spot as the desert requires you to beat your rival and new boss (who wasn't that bad, though...)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old January 19th, 2013, 02:15 AM
Alexheroalex
Unhatched Egg

I have another question guys I am stuck after you battle the 3 legendary dogs what do you do next i am in that part of the 3 islands where darugis control the guards
Old January 19th, 2013, 03:39 AM
PokemonGiratinaX
Will be always PGX

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGirl1018 View Post
If you still can't download the patch, here is the way to download it. Cheers!

Spoiler:
1. Go to the first post.
2. Go down and find "Attached Files".
3. Click the "DarkRising1Completed(Updated)" and you should download it.

Last edited by PokemonGiratinaX; January 19th, 2013 at 05:51 AM.
Old January 19th, 2013, 05:29 AM
UltBrian
Unhatched Egg

Just started playing this recently. This is pretty good so far, though there's a few bugs.
Old January 20th, 2013, 12:19 AM
Alseatao
Unhatched Egg

Im stuck in the spirit tower. On the second level with the 3 old ladies, I cant get to the third level I can find the way through the invisible maze
Old January 20th, 2013, 02:56 AM
pikachubolt

Hi everyone!I just played this game,but i want to ask y'all,why i only encountered 1 pokemon per area?I mean in route 1 i only encountered tailow and in lavaburn forest i only encountered growlithe?Thx before

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 20th, 2013, 05:16 AM
4thGenAce:D
I don't live by my name...

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachubolt View Post
Hi everyone!I just played this game,but i want to ask y'all,why i only encountered 1 pokemon per area?I mean in route 1 i only encountered tailow and in lavaburn forest i only encountered growlithe?Thx before

Gee. That's something. That's not supposed to happen. Just keep looking.. Patch in a clean Fire Red ROM.

Geee.. DRG.. I forgot where to find Cut. Where is it? XD (K. I'm a total noob.)

Finished playing more than 45+ hacked and official Pokemon games altogether. :D
I have never tried hacking.. But I have lots of kinda "wacky" ideas for some. *sigh*

"I don't live by my name, but at least I can exceed your expectations. "

I may make Youtube walkthroughs about some games, you could suggest. I just need the appropriate tools.

Follow me on Twitter: @WhatevaBlahBlah
Add me as a friend on Facebook: [email protected]
Old January 20th, 2013, 06:30 AM
pikachubolt

Nevermind,i fixed it by repatching the game turn off all the gameshark codes

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 20th, 2013, 09:36 PM
poggerius

I don't know if someone has posted this before, because I'm too lazy to read previous post XD, but the answer for the quiz "Does Darumaka has a Zen Mode?" in Millennium City's Gym is set as "Yes" while it should've been "No". Also, since I picked Dratini at the start, my rival picked Gible, but when I battled him at Spirit Tower, he didn't have his Garchomp, but a Salamence. You should fix those things.
Old January 20th, 2013, 11:05 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGenAce:D View Post
Gee. That's something. That's not supposed to happen. Just keep looking.. Patch in a clean Fire Red ROM.

Geee.. DRG.. I forgot where to find Cut. Where is it? XD (K. I'm a total noob.)
Ahhh let me check from my walk through and hmmmmmmm oh yes found it. It is given to you by your rival Sydney when you defeat KAYO in S.S Titanic.
Old January 20th, 2013, 11:39 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by poggerius View Post
I don't know if someone has posted this before, because I'm too lazy to read previous post XD, but the answer for the quiz "Does Darumaka has a Zen Mode?" in Millennium City's Gym is set as "Yes" while it should've been "No". Also, since I picked Dratini at the start, my rival picked Gible, but when I battled him at Spirit Tower, he didn't have his Garchomp, but a Salamence. You should fix those things.
Darumakka has no Zen Mode.
Darmantian is the one who has.
And yes, Zen Mode is available.

Btw, this got me wondering... anyone encountered this phenomenon?:
If you battle OW Pokémon (e.g. legendaries) if you catch them, they won't disappear (flag isn't set) but if you defeat them, they do (flag is finally set) =D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links