The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central > Spinoff Games

Notices

Spinoff Games If it isn't in the main series of Pokémon games, it goes here (games such as Mystery Dungeon, Colosseum, XD, and so on.)

Old January 24th, 2013, 04:41 PM
pokemanmdj
Random Passerby

Nature: Relaxed
I did cry at the ending of PMD : Darkness/Time/Sky. Just- accepting that you're going to be wiped from existence if you succeed, and if you don't, everything goes to chaos.
But this shows a perfect example of the Grandfather Paradox. Simply put, since the future was changed from what it was originally supposed to be, your character - and Grovyle - ceased to exist. But, since your character didn't exist, that means he wouldn't have been able to go back in time and change the future. I don't know; just something to ponder about.
I didn't exactly cry at the end of Red and Blue PMD, but I did feel pretty sad. And what I've seen from giancarloparimango on YouTube, the next PMD games also get those sad parts.

And there's not a whole lot of games that have made me shead tears.
I mean, there's - maybe Mother 3, though it was a while ago I first beaten it, Katawa Shoujo, if you consider it to be a game, and Aerith dying - because I was just so unprepared for that.
And maybe some parts of Okami and Okamiden.
Old January 25th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!

Nature: Quirky
The moment in PMD Blue when the town turns on you and you're cast away and just... hngg. It made me really upset :( Then the moment where your partner turns to you and starts telling you he believes you and he'll stick with you no matter what, I always get a little teary then haha. I know I'm a bit of a wuss but it's emotional okay!

Never happened in the squeals though, they just don't seem to have the same level of dramatisation behind them.
Old January 27th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Skylands

Nature: Calm
With Red Rescue team, yes, yes, and yes. I was so heartbroken as I really thought my character would disappear and that would end the game forever. In Explorers of Time, I did not cry because I knew what was going to happen. Although, I did feel a deep bond towards Grovyle.
Old January 27th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Ultimate PKMN Trainer Red
Banned

Nature: Brave
I hope this mystery dungeon for the 3DS has an emotional story.
Old January 28th, 2013, 01:38 AM
atie

Nature: Quiet
Explorers of time was the first game where a tear dropped to my cheek, It was the first and the only time that happened( My tears stay in my eyes if something sad happens) but for some reason I felt the pain of my partner Turtwig and my other partner Grovyle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gliscor is boss. Period.
Old January 28th, 2013, 05:14 AM
C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f
Left with the Wind...

Nature: Naive
Sad to say I didn't. But at the last part, I did agree that it was becoming emotional, and I felt like crying, but no, I didn't. Although I have only played RRT, EOT, EOD and EOS.

| | | | | | |

Try using Brave Bird!

Goodbye... I'm off.

Old January 29th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Miss Anne Thrope
Disgusted

Nature: Bold
I think I was only 10-12 when I played Red Rescue Team. I recall feeling sad when my Pokemon was going to leave, but I didn't cry.

Now Explorers of Sky. This was in August 2012 that I finished it. I got sad, got the feeling in my throat like when I'm about to cry.. So I held my breath for about 10 seconds. Then I burst out, weeping very, very loudly as I continued through the ending of the game, I remember my DS was soaked.
However, I think a lot of my crying was a release of frustration and stress, not just being sad about the game. I try to keep myself from crying, but once the faucet is on.. Well, it's on full blast.

I was also really upset and confused on how my character was allowed to come back and Grovyle wasn't. And honestly, in my mind Grovyle and the others do still exist, just in a different future, with no recollection of the other future. And my character had gone to that future when she "ceased to exist" and was just re-put on the current world with her old memories. Yep, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. But seriously, I barely played past the main story because I was so confused and upset.

Last edited by Miss Anne Thrope; January 29th, 2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old January 29th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Caelus
Gone

I got a little teary-eyed when I played Blue Rescue Edition. The parts that got me to that point I think were the one before you enter that ice cave (or it could have been after), the one after you beat Groudon, and the one after you beat the main game was the most emotional.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 08:04 AM
Evey
Female Red

Nature: Adamant
Theres something really sad about watching a Pikachu cry over your sudden dissapearance. I had a partner named Pika and I was a Torchic named Evey. When Pika fell over and started crying at the tower and on the beach I couldn't help but cry too. Poor little Pika, looking for the girl with the Deep Green Aura *goes off and crys* So sad... they should make more Mystery Dungeons.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 12:55 AM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Altairis Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
(spoilers)

I did get pretty sad at the end, when you disappear, and actually several times during Grovyle's part in the main PMD story. I don't cry, but it was definitely upsetting! These games are done so well I hope the 3rd PMD lives up to the storyline of the previous ones. I could see it having a crappy story just so they could produce it and say "Look, 3DS PMD! You should buy it!" =/
Old February 3rd, 2013, 01:07 AM
HeracrossIsBoss
Yo ;)

Explorers of time. In the end when you disappear and your partner walks away and then he falls. Sadness overdose.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 04:56 AM
Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveelution Co-ordinator
I got really emotional in PMD Blue Rescue Team when you leave your partner and in PMD Explorers of Time when Grovyle goes back to the future and you leave your partner.

White 2:
Old February 3rd, 2013, 10:27 AM
ProfessorJoltz
Poke Fan

Nature: Careful
I cried at PMD 2 when Grovyle disappeared, and when the hero vanished and the partner was heartbroken... D:
Old February 3rd, 2013, 10:42 AM
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Nature: Jolly
When I played Blue Rescue Team I was 9 or 10, and yes I did bawl my eyes out ;A; I was really attached to that game. And then at the end, when (SPOILER) you have to disappear it, like, crushed my heart xD I must have been 12 or 13 when I played the other one, and I didn't cry once during the whole thing but I did feel emotional with it. I guess it's the effect of getting older :/
Old February 4th, 2013, 12:15 PM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Yeah in red mystery dungeon for the GBA.I dont usually cry but i was 10 back then now i am 15 and i have played the explorers of darkness.Felt a bit emotional but still no tears.
First game i ever cried and probably the last.

White 2:4814-8483-7594

3DS:4871 4138 8216
Old February 5th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Zero Percent
Loading... Please wait

Pretty much PMD was the only time I cried over a video game. It's quite touching.
Old February 10th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Fureon
Hex Maniac

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Fureon
I just finished Explorers Of Sky, and I must say - yes, the ending did make me cry.
Actually, the whole finale (after Grovyle tells you what will happen) felt really heartwrenching. And then the ending... God, I couldn't help but shed some tears.
This just shows how good the Mystery Dungeon games are. They make you go through characters' emotions and feelings and really immerse you into their world.

A little girl, a little guy · In a church or in a school · Little Jesus, are you watching me? · I'm so young, just 18...
Old February 10th, 2013, 09:45 AM
SoraTheTruth

Nature: Naive
not really although i do like grovyle's special episode where it explains what happened to them because in darkness in time i was so confused. like "did they fade out of existence or something"? but sky explained it.
Old February 13th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Shayminlover123
Top Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Timid
Yes.I cried at every ending of PMD so far.
Old February 13th, 2013, 05:28 PM
lifeburst
ROAR OF TIME

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
they should make more Mystery Dungeons.
You do realize that there is a 3DS pmd releasing in america in March, right?
I have cried at the end of every PMD game I've played.
Old February 13th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
I've only played Sky myself, but yes I did cry at the end of the storyline of Sky. And speaking of that game I should get back to it sometime.
Forum Games

Paired with Stand Alone and Eucliffe
Gallery - DeviantArt
Old February 13th, 2013, 11:34 PM
*Shiny*Monster0198
~ Just chillin'

Nature: Mild
I did get pretty teary-eyed in a lot of them. I have to say the storylines in PMD are really well thought of and put together extraordinarily well.

Old February 18th, 2013, 05:54 AM
ZePokemonGuy
PokeTuber Novice

Nature: Impish
If you didn't shed a tear during the PMD playthroughs, then you are not human.
PMD was one of the first games where you had a real emotional link with the Pokemon world, and when you had to disappear at the end of the main storyline, I thought that was it and wept away.

(It did slightly annoy me however, when everyone else was crying and Xatu was just standing there trying to act all manly, in my opinion to impress Kangashan ;D).

You can now watch me explore Kanto in my FireRed LP, now on the PokeCommunity:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296942

Finally finished Pokemon Black!
Now accepting BW Wi-Fi Battles, mainly Free Battles, I just wanna have fun. :D
BW Friend Code - 2967 8409 8496
If you want a challenge, HeartGold is my best game yet.
I like fossils as well as you can see by my team. :3

#TeamDeoxys
Old February 18th, 2013, 08:23 AM
The Amazing Justin
The Original Player

Not at all. Mainly because I don't really cry during video-games or fell much at all. It's different with TV though.
Old February 18th, 2013, 12:34 PM
The Explorer Of Destiny
All the lights in the sky...

Nature: Lonely
I have to say, the one time I have ever felt heart-break in a video game was at the tear-jerking end to PMD: EOT. But then it all got better.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links