• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HELLOOO.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2014
    I'm new to this community, and hacking in general, and I'm looking for a thread where I can get help with making my own pokemon hack, if you can lead me to the right thread that would be really good :P

Years
  • Welcome to PC, AwesomeGamer! Good to meet you. :3

I don't think we have an official thread that really walks you through how to create a hack from the ground up, but we do have a pretty comprehensive ROM Hacking section that I'm sure would be helpful. You can utilize helpful sticky threads like the Simple Questions or ROM Hacking Resources located at the top of the ROM Hacking section that I linked you to. There's also the Tutorials subforum of Emulation, which I'm sure has at least one or two resources that you may find useful. Creating a hack from scratch is a pretty broad topic in general since there are so many things to take into account, so this is probably as simplified as you can get. ): You should keep all hacking-related questions to Emulation rather than this thread though - you'll have a lot more luck that way, plus we focus on greeting new users here (that and we don't want this to turn into a place where you request Emulation help since I'd have to close it if that were to happen as it'd be outside the realm of an introduction)! Most questions have better places for them outside here.

So did you join PC mainly for the hacking portion of the site? Is there anything else you want to do while you're here, or are you set on being a hacker for now? Emulation is a huge part of PC so you're in the right place if you're into that. ^^ I used to be really interested in hacking but once I started exploring the entire forum I branched out a lot and became interested in many more sections. Who knows, maybe that's how things will be for you. :D

Have a wonderful stay on the forum and see you around~

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2014
    Thank you for your help, and yeah, I kind of want to do hacking, I think it'd be fun, but who knows I might find other interesting things :3 but, yeah, with the hacking, it's mainly I need help with something, I made a thread for it. Thank you! :P

ChocolateCrunch

Not an old man. x]
    Years
  • Hi AwesomeGamer, and welcome to the community! x]

I have no idea about hacking but I do like playing hacks people have made. Maybe in the future I might play one of your creations if you make one? ;3 I'm interested in battling, maybe check out the PC battle server if you like competitive battles? (a link is in my signature) I'll just say good luck and have fun meeting new people in the community! x]

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2014
    I do enjoy competitive battling, I used to play PO a lot and got pretty good, I'll check it out! :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Hey man, welcome.. If you like hacking, you should check out the tools there too and the Tools section. You can also check out Game Dev.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • Hey, LeAG!

Welcome to PokéCommunity!

Here at PC, we have a large community of people who are interested in hacking/emulation, so you've come to the right place if you want to learn how all that works. :p

From the links and information Cirno and others provided you with, you should be able to get on your way just fine. :) Do you have any idea what type of hack you want to make, as in, a hack of fire red/emerald/Diamond/White/etc? :p I hope that everything works out for you in that department!

Have a great time here! Hope to see you around!

Back