The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 1st, 2013, 06:13 AM
AWsquared
I know what things are.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared

Advertise here
Is there a show you don't watch anymore for any reason? Why do you not watch that show anymore?

For me , it would be Glee. Back when the show first aired, I was a big fan of the show. I considered myself a "Gleek". I watched the new epsiodes each week and downloaded 29 of the songs off iTunes and listened to them often. But halfway through season 2, I stop watching. I guess for me the drama started to get too repetitive imo. It just seems like the same stuff over and over again. Plus I didn't like any of the song they were covering. I felt that they were covering popular songs just cause the producers/directors new those would get the show more viewers. Plus the songs they cover were worse than the originals imo. Also I realized that I only started watching the show cause alot of my friends were also watching it and wanted to be part of their conversation. I just wanted to be included and I realized I wasn't as interested in the show as I thought.

What about you guys??

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old February 1st, 2013, 08:13 AM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Nature: Modest
Family Guy. It's been losing steam since Season 8. I think alot of people would even say Season 6 or 7. It still isn't a bad show. It just hardly does anything to surprise me any more. It's to the point where I actually prefer "American Dad" to it, which is something I couldn't say a few seasons ago.
Old February 1st, 2013, 08:24 AM
doeboy9
This Guy Right Here

Location: Chicago, wait, is this supposed to be pokemon related? umm Kanto?
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doeboy9 Send a message via Yahoo to doeboy9
The Simpsons. Its just not the same anymore. Feels like the try to compete with Family Guy too much
Old February 1st, 2013, 01:34 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Workaholics. I voluntarily stopped watching during season 2 after the episode with the Top Gun hat because I believe that they cannot ever top that.

Also Supernatural because I fell out during season 5 and never picked up again because I heard the quality went downhill because they were forcing the show to outlive its purpose to meet its insane popularity.
Old February 1st, 2013, 02:45 PM
Caelus
Gone

I used to be a huge fan of the Simpsons growing up. I brought all the dvd sets and I watched it every day after school, but once they got to season 15-16 it all went downhill. I haven't watched a new episode in years.
Old February 1st, 2013, 03:36 PM
Pleiades
I am the Dragonairborn!

Nature: Bold
My Little Pony. I'm usually either at work or I just don't have the interest. I never considered myself a "pegasister" and the handful of creepier fans kind of scared me away from being associated with that show.
Old February 1st, 2013, 03:45 PM
Mochi
Formerly AzaleaLightning

Nature: Sassy
For me it's Aqua Teen Hunger Force and South Park, I kind of grew out of ATHF after seeing most of the episodes, same with South Park.

Although I think part of it was just growing out of that kind of humor, too...
Old February 1st, 2013, 06:41 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
I don't know, I think I mainly stick around for shows, I don't watch much television anymore but I don't leave any shows behind either xD
Old February 1st, 2013, 06:47 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
For me, The Simpsons.

I stopped watching after Season 12 cos the episodes got stupid and the opening animation being changed basically ended the series for me. I only returned for a one-off occasion, which was the 500th episode.

Now I just rewatch the older episodes.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Old February 1st, 2013, 06:56 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Family Guy. It was awesome back then, but now it just doesn't appeal to me anymore. I just feel like they're trying to hard to be funny which isn't really great anymore.
Old February 1st, 2013, 07:18 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Family Guy and The Simpsons are the two big ones for me. Even as recent as two or three years ago I had to make sure I watched the new episodes every Sunday, or record them and watch them as soon as I could. Now, I'll watch if it's a re-run or even an episode I haven't seen, but only if I can't find something else on TV first.
Old February 1st, 2013, 08:15 PM
enigmα.
phantom bullet
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Is Pokemon an acceptable answer? Cause I was FORCED to stop watching it. I know, it sucks to not catch up but, oh well ._. .-.

sword art online II
phantom bullet

• vm . pm - feel free to contact me
  • server - chat and battle
  • blog - random thoughts and stuff
  • #aerilate- mega pinsir team

Old February 2nd, 2013, 11:48 AM
Ardos
Community Supporter

Family Guy for me, just became plain unfunny and boring. Also I stopped watching South Park for the same reasons as I did with Family Guy.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 11:51 AM
Vital
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Vital
Only one I can actually think of would have to be Pokemon. And I stopped because it seemed too childish for me. =( I'll admit though, I'll watch it once in a blue moon.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 04:26 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
For me has to be Digimon, I used to watch it long ago 2002 2003 some where around there, it just didn't compete with Pokemon, so I lost interest in watching Digimon all together.
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenge -
Random Challenge - Badges: 2/8 - game: X
Old February 2nd, 2013, 09:39 PM
Shayminlover123
Top Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Timid
Ben 10 the first 2 seasons were good then when omiverse came out I was officially done.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 05:20 AM
Rest
Showstealer Pro: Trial Version

Nature: Careful
I got myself updated to Glee every week it aired, until around the middle of Season 2 when they started doing their own songs (I think I specifically stopped watching after the episode "Original Song"). It was good in Season 1 I thought, but it deteriorated rather quickly. I don't miss it. *shrug*
Old February 3rd, 2013, 05:49 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Primeval is definitely this show for me. When it first started it was honestly one of the best shows I'd ever see. It was such a creative story line with incredible characters and great action scenes abound. The show perfectly balanced the drama within the character's lives and relationships with the importance of the monsters they were stopping and the overall 'main goals' of the show and the main 'bad guys' had a ridiculous level of charm to them. The show threw out plot-twist after plot-twist whilst all the while remaining the same excellent show, even showing that they had no problem with killing off main characters to keep things, however this is where the downfall begins.

Once they'd killed off one of the main group it was wonderful because, despite him being one of my favourite characters (and v cute!), it was exciting to know they'd go to these lengths. Next they decided to kill off the main character of the entire show. This was not such a good move, the show took a dramatic downfall after he left and it never quite reached that level of excellence again. He was replaced and the replacement was good, until once again he died. This was starting to get grating but the show still remained watchable. Then came Series 4. Series 4 came along with the introduction of a host of new faces to the team leaving only two of the original team (and their boss) remaining with a swarm of new characters completely stealing their focus. Honestly at this point it just felt like an entirely new show and I gave it a chance, but it just wasn't for me any more. They then decided to make country-specific versions (the latest one is Canada, I think!) which is just... why.

tl;dr that show with dinosaurs
Old February 3rd, 2013, 06:04 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Britain has talent

after who( a dancing dog) won last years one I knew I was done with the show.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 09:06 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Same as Dipu and for the same reason.
I don't watch all that much TV, though. I'm too busy being on the internet.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old February 3rd, 2013, 02:10 PM
LightningAlex

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
South Park, for the same reason most people stopped watching Family Guy & The Simpsons. Just not funny anymore.
House MD - I seriously love this show, it's probably my favorite ever. But season 8 is just... too different than the other seasons. And I stopped watching it since it wasn't as interesting as the first 7 seasons :\

Old February 13th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

I often drift away from a ton of shows. Those I can think of off the top of my head:

Glee: I liked the musicals and the singing. I liked Jane Lynch's character too. I listened to / downloaded some of the sounds. Sometimes, I even preferred the Glee versions! However, I also thought the drama was becoming repetitive. XD;

My Little Pony: This show is a major-time killer and can be addicting. I was practically marathon-ing it and then... boom! I stopped watching it. I have no desire in watching their routine adventures again. I gotta wonder, did the little one, Apple bloom, ever get her cutie mark? Yeah, that was like, the only major reason why I kept clicking the next button. :(

Naruto: I loved this show when it first debuted. However, I had to stop watching it after nearly 100 episodes... I just can't follow a series for that long. My limit is about.. 80 episodes? Laziness strikes again.
Old February 13th, 2013, 11:48 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
CSI. I watched it for a good while and then I stopped for a bit. When I tried to watch it again they the cast had almost completely changed and it just wasn't the same show that I used to watch anymore. I don't think I'll ever try going back and watching it again.

Supernatural. I enjoyed what I have watched of this show, but starting season three or four it was already getting hard to watch with the repetitiveness of the drama and so forth. Maybe one day I can give this show a shot again but I don't see it happening any time soon.

I know there are more of 'em but those are the two I can think of off the top of my head. I haven't watched Criminal Minds in a while but I am definitely planning on catching up so it doesn't count.
Old February 16th, 2013, 07:07 AM
antemortem
resign to your demons

Send a message via Skype™ to antemortem
I used to watch Grey's Anatomy until all of my favorite characters started dying. I swear, there's a main character death every season. I was super upset when I happened to tune into an episode this season after not watching it for one or two seasons and learned that one (two?) characters had died, another lost a leg... etc. I hate shows like that. It's plot and character murder development, but that's an abhorrent and unfavorable way to produce either.
[4:32:35 AM] Shinx: my nipples are permanently erect
Old February 17th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

Don't kill me..

My Little Pony. Seriously. I used to LOVE that show for a long time (considered myself a brony too).

But now, I just realize (NO OFFENCE) but the whole thing is just DAMN STUPID. I honestly cannot understand why anyone like me would even watch it.

It didn't bring back childhood memories or make me feel happy, it was just a stupid show. Stupid.
I don't like it anymore.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here