• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[MTG] Your Best Deck

Years
  • Hiya, since the only MTG thread on PC in existence is basically dead, I thought I'd start an offshoot. I mean, why have only one MTG thread, and a bunch of yugioh threads? It doesn't seem fair haha.

With the release of Gatecrash, I took it upon myself to make the best R/G deck I could, using Gruul cards, and other nice red or green cards I've come across in today's standard format.

Stavi's R/G Smash Face

Creatures: 24
    x4 Ghor-Clan Rampager (Gatecrash)
    x3 Rubblehulk (Gatecrash)
    x2 Burning-Tree Emissary (Gatecrash)
    x2 Lightning Mauler (Avacyn Restored)
    x2 Strangleroot Geist (Dark Ascension)
    x2 Elvish Visionary (M13)
    x2 Archwing Dragon (Avacyn Restored)
    x2 Wasteland Viper (Gatecrash)
    x2 Slaughterhorn (Gatecrash)
    x1 Hound of Griselbrand (Avacyn Restored)
    x1 Vorapede (Dark Ascension)
    x1 Mayor of Avabruck/Howlpack Alpha (Innistrad)

Instants: 13
    x3 Pit Fight (Gatecrash)
    x2 Signal the Clans (Gatecrash)
    x2 Wildwood Rebirth (Gatecrash)
    x2 Naturalize (Gatecrash)
    x2 Searing Spear (M13)
    x1 Fog (M13)
    x1 Volcanic Geyser (M13)

Enchantments: 4
    x2 Madcap Skills (Gatecrash)
    x2 Rancor (M13)

Lands: 19
    x8 Mountain (Zendikar)
    x7 Forest (Return to Ravnica)
    x4 Gruul Guildgate (Gatecrash)

Although it's not the greatest deck by far, it does work when I need it to, and I've beaten the majority of my friends with their standard decks.

I plan on replacing some land, of course the guildgates, I just need to find Stomping Grounds and Rootbound Crags.
    I'm also trying to make all basic land in my deck Zendikar full art land, I already have all the mountains set, I just need to find forests. My deck is very creature heavy simply because of Bloodrush, my favorite mechanic by far.

So what does your best deck look like? Any format, it doesn't matter.

Years
  • I recently just started building with the gatecrash cards and some of them work pretty damn well with the older guild orientated cards. I just started building a House Dimir deck and the new Cipher effect goes really well with some of the old Ravnica sets dimir unblockables, like Dimir Infiltrator and Dimir House Guard (which has Fear which pretty much unblockable anyway).

Spoiler:

It's not my best deck by far but it's so much fun when I get Consuming Aberration or Szadek on the field to play with.

I'd probably say that my best deck is my vampire deck. It was my first deck and it just kept getting better and better. I'm about three or four cards off from it being perfect, but unforunatly those cards cost about £5-£10 each and screw paying that much when my deck already kicks butt.
    Spoiler:

I'm only really missing a bloodline keeper and a few other cards that give other vampires +1/+1 but apart from that this is my perfect deck <3

Last edited:
    Back