• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Contest/Musical Speculation

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Generation 3 introduced us the the world of contests, giving your moves an entirely different purpose with different values. Generation 4 expanded on the idea, introducing new rounds into the event, and making the process more enjoyable in general. However, Generation 5 removed the contests and replaced them with the Musical, which acted as a further expansion, giving multiple stages to perform in. With the new generation of games, would you like to see an alternative to battling be present again? Would you like traditional Contests to make a return, or the continuation with the Musical that Unova gave us? Any other alternatives that you'd like to see in the games?

Years
Okay, in my opinion Musicals are just kind of stupid :( It reminded me of where people stuff their poor animals in costumes on halloween :( Contests I would love to return! But only IF they were like the anime. Contests in the anime were so interesting and fun, where you could create awesome combos with moves. If they made contest more indepth like that where there were a ton of moves you could put together and make work, that's be amazingly awesome. As long as everything doesn't explode into sparkles though, then it'll be perfect. :P

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I think that with the move to 3D graphics and more fluid animations a contest like what the Anime portrayed would actually be plausible. Maybe you could choreograph an appeal round routine to show off it's beauty ahead of time, and based on that they could give you points. As far as the battle round goes I'm not sure how they could actually implement that. I guess they could just have a regular battle in a bracket style tournament based on those who scored higher in the first round?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I have never been a huge fan of the musical, but i've always liked the contests. Having these performed in 3D and maybe even having the ability to put own choreographies together would be sooo much fun and improve the already cool contests by a lot!!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
You know, I feel as though people have always undermined or underestimated the potential of Pokemon Contests. Compared to the anime, I really didn't like how Contests were done in the games. But still, I would like it if the Contests return over the Musicals, tbh. And yes, I agree that with the new 3D graphics, I hope that there will be new appeal rounds on where you an combine moves into something beautiful. I would love to be a Co-Ordinator if they choose to implement that! There also should be the battle round that they have in contests, you know? That is another way to show off your pokemon's fierceness, beauty, and grace. :3

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
If they were to create a battle round, how do you think they would do it? Maybe have pre-programmed attack combinations that would function well together that you would have to uncover? Using that they could determine the winner of the battle if neither Pokémon fainted in the time limit provided. It could be potentially a cool concept!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'd definitely be pretty happy if they just brought back generation three Contests over any of the more recent iterations, even though I'd love for them to innovate them more like the Anime.

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2021
I always found contests to be rather bland and uninteresting. Musicals also felt very non-interactive and I am glad that they are no longer a five star trainer card requirement in B2W2.
The Pokéstar Studies was somewhat interesting but completing all of them was more of a chore.

The only sidegame I voluntarily participated in was the Pokéathlon, and while I am quite sure it will never happen I'd like it to make a comeback.
Then again we might get something new and even better in X/Y.

Back