Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge
Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 23rd, 2013, 02:00 PM
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
You are enjoying this, aren't you?
"I'm not gonna die. Each one of you risked your lives to come to my rescue, and that's why I can't let you throw away your lives now, not for me, not again. I got this. Don't worry about me, babies."
-Space Dandy
Old March 23rd, 2013, 02:05 PM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Yes. Yes, we are enjoying this. However, the reward for surviving outweighs the intense pleasure we get from pissing you off. :3

I'm quite serious about this. Many will fear He Who Survived the Brotad.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.

Last edited by TornZero; March 23rd, 2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 02:47 PM
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

This better be worth it...Brotad has become my immortal enemy. I wish to defeat god in combat.
"I'm not gonna die. Each one of you risked your lives to come to my rescue, and that's why I can't let you throw away your lives now, not for me, not again. I got this. Don't worry about me, babies."
-Space Dandy
Old March 25th, 2013, 03:03 AM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

Nature: Gentle
My Cruel GMs (just kidding ),

Do I get to meet the Vanillite I have been chasing since last december and wasted 3 pokéballs and a pokémon on?

Awaiting your GM quote,
Join my Pokémon RP (link in banner).
I love visitors, VM/PM me anytime you want to chat/share anything.
Old March 25th, 2013, 10:28 AM
TornZero

Whether you meet Vanillite or not is up to you, Bleacher. We just take care of captures and surprise encounters when it comes to wild Pokémon. That said, we can't guarantee you'll catch it. (⌐■_■)

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old March 25th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Vato
This Is Our Last Goodbye

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
This better be worth it...Brotad has become my immortal enemy. I wish to defeat god in combat.
I assure you. Surviving against the Brotad will give you rewards far beyond your imagination [that you may or may not comprehend!], thus bragging rights and the title of HE WHO SURVIVED THE BROTAD! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleacher View Post
My Cruel GMs (just kidding ),

Do I get to meet the Vanillite I have been chasing since last december and wasted 3 pokéballs and a pokémon on?

Awaiting your GM quote,
THIS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornZero View Post
Whether you meet Vanillite or not is up to you, Bleacher. We just take care of captures and surprise encounters when it comes to wild Pokémon. That said, we can't guarantee you'll catch it. (⌐■_■)
I couldn't have phrased it better. You are free to do as you like when it comes to wild encounters... we just deal with whatever you catch them or not... and sometimes throw random wild Pokemon at'cha
Hoenn

FC [B2]: 0992 1015 0443
VM/PM me whenever you feel like trading/kicking my butt on a battle
Old March 25th, 2013, 07:02 PM
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

When Brotad evolves, he'll be LomBRO. When LomBRO evolves, he'll be LudiBROlo. I'll be stronger than Arceus himself.
-Space Dandy
Old March 26th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Still waiting on deathbymanga for some CHARACTER INTERACTION.

Old March 30th, 2013, 03:27 PM
TornZero

Enjoy yourself, Hereto! Remember the reward~!

Old March 30th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

Good news! My RP is almost 60% complete and a few events have been added to. If anyone wants to help with it, please send me a PM. Also if someone wants to the Co-GM, you are most welcome; I really love the cruel way Vato and Torn deal with SUs and pokémon captures.. I need you guys
Old March 31st, 2013, 03:13 AM
Nauje
Hmm.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I'm sorry but heretostay should dig his own grave before BROtad does it for him. If he catches BROtad then really his conquered Hoenn.
Paired with gimmiepie.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 08:31 AM
Vato
This Is Our Last Goodbye

Now that was quite some time I was away o.o

Sorry for my absence pals, stuff happened... Stuff involving family reunions with the hypocrite side of my family... and food.

But I'm back now! ...Now kneel in front of me... NOW.
Hoenn

Old April 6th, 2013, 11:57 AM
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

Sorry I disappeared. It was spring break this week, so yeah. Where can I jump in?
-Space Dandy
Old April 6th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

Nature: Timid
Name: (Self-explanatory) Nathan Lee
Appearance: (What your character looks like) light blue and long hair, quite scraggy and messed up. His complexion is young and has a few freckles. He wears a black t-shirt, with a purple fleecy, and bright blue chinos, along with white trainers.
Personality: (How your character acts) He believes that all life has meaning to it, wether its a bad person, and no-one should suffer. He looks up to Team G(something sorry) as he feels like they could stop suffering, even if it does cost a few lives. Nathan is cool headed and calm in rough situations, he wants to prove to the world that he is more than just 'Nathan'
History: (Your character’s back story, tell us about how they grew up and where, things they’ve experienced etc.) Nath never had any friends and was often bullied. He grew up with a good family which unfortunately died due to a pack of wild mighteyena's. He has ever since been afraid of them. He was taken to Littleroot town and was adopted by Mr Corosska, a nice man, but Nath was allways hesitant to get to know him. He has had a tough life.
Old April 6th, 2013, 01:02 PM
TornZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
Sorry I disappeared. It was spring break this week, so yeah. Where can I jump in?
Hereto, you're still fighting Brotad! I left you a VM with the most recent Brotad response. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson0191 View Post
Appearance: (What your character looks like) light blue and long hair, quite scraggy and messed up. His complexion is young and has a few freckles. He wears a black t-shirt, with a purple fleecy, and bright blue chinos, along with white trainers.
Personality: (How your character acts) He believes that all life has meaning to it, wether its a bad person, and no-one should suffer. He looks up to Team G(something sorry) as he feels like they could stop suffering, even if it does cost a few lives. Nathan is cool headed and calm in rough situations, he wants to prove to the world that he is more than just 'Nathan'
History: (Your character’s back story, tell us about how they grew up and where, things they’ve experienced etc.) Nath never had any friends and was often bullied. He grew up with a good family which unfortunately died due to a pack of wild mighteyena's. He has ever since been afraid of them. He was taken to Littleroot town and was adopted by Mr Corosska, a nice man, but Nath was allways hesitant to get to know him. He has had a tough life.
... Yeah, no. Sorry, but you really have to knock it up a few notches for it to be acceptable. You even somehow forgot Team Gaia's name; it's four letters long! If you're using this SU or this SU as an example of what you should try to achieve, please don't.

This SU, however, is a good example of the minimum we're looking for. Also, separated categories.

The appearance is extremely bare. I don't even have the slightest visual of what he's supposed to look like. All I can see right now is a stick figure with anime hair.

The personality needs serious expansion past "he sees good in everything".

I see the history now, and it's completely incongruent with the personality. If he never had friends, and was bullied on a regular basis, and his PARENTS. DIED, why in the world does he have such a /positive/ outlook? If wild Pokémon are what killed his parents, why would he even want one? Just... just no, okay?

I'm sorry, but you'll have to change this SU quite a lot. I honestly don't doubt that you can do it — I think you really can put out a well-made character (that doesn't contradict itself so blatantly) — but as it is now, it's far from being accepted.

I'd also like to suggest that you get a proofreader. If you don't have Microsoft Word, LibreOffice is an absolutely wonderful free alternative.

Old April 6th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

I didn't really think of most of the things you said :/ Ill remake the Su and repost it in about 30 minutes

Appearance: (What your character looks like) light blue and long hair, quite scraggy and messed up. His complexion is young and has a few freckles. He wears a black t-shirt, with a purple fleecy, and bright blue chinos, along with white trainers. He is thin at a glance, but he has some body fat that sticks out forwards, which he can feel ashamed of, but it's hardly noticed at all. He is quite tall for a 14 year old and fits into medium size mens clothes.

Personality: (How your character acts) He believes that his life has meaning to it, wether he is a bad person, Nath doesn't want to suffer anymore. He looks up to Team G(something sorry) as he feels like they could stop him from suffering, even if it does cost a few lives. Nathan is cool headed and calm in rough situations, he wants to prove to the world that he is more than just 'Nathan' Nath knows that overeacting can get him into trouble, so he tries to hide his past by pretending to be someone he is not. He can sometimes be scared by larger pokémon but he can withstand small ones, although he hates pokémon battling. He doesn't care much for other people very much, as he has no family or friends. He often cries in private to let is emotions go, but he hates letting other people see his emotion. He doesn't even show anger, but fear can easily control him.

History: (Your character’s back story, tell us about how they grew up and where, things they’ve experienced etc.) Nath never had any friends and was often bullied. He grew up with a good family which unfortunately died due to a pack of wild mighteyena's. He has ever since been afraid of large pokémon. He was taken to Littleroot town and was adopted by Mr Corosska, a nice man, but Nath was allways hesitant to get to know him. He has had a tough life. He has only ever battled once, which was when he was getting mugged and a wild combusken offered to help. Ever since that, he understood that not all pokémon are bad, meaning that he could withstand some of the pokémon he may encounter.

Last edited by Nate; April 6th, 2013 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 6th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Vato
This Is Our Last Goodbye

Remember when I suddenly dissapeared because I had no free time at all? Yup, that's probably about to happen this monday, so if you don't get a reply from me on anything, then you know the reason...

Those who I have discussed with about posting with will have to forgive me for I won't be able to do so

I do know what's pending, I think. A capture attempt by Scyke & A post about Mudkipz evolution, if I didn't miss something, so before I suddenly vanish I'll try to get those done.
Hoenn

Old April 8th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

It's always the cute ones that are the most deadly and terrifying.

Relevance: latest post.

Old April 9th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

im sorry im not very patient but it has been three days with no reply regarding my SU. will that be included soon?
Old April 11th, 2013, 02:51 AM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

Should I post with my newly evolved pokémon? I am just waiting for the Mudkipz evolution to get approved.
Old April 11th, 2013, 09:52 AM
TornZero

@Crimson, sorry for the wait; I'll get to your sign-up as soon as physically possible.

@Bleacher, for future reference, you don't have to get GM approval for an evolution. However, you're still stuck on the level cap, which is 16 at the moment.

Old April 11th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Nauje
Hmm.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I ended my last update in trying to catch a Pokemon, it's lost somewhere on deathbymanga and WoldOfEve's posts haha. Just to let you know.
Paired with gimmiepie.
Old April 11th, 2013, 02:10 PM
TornZero

I'll make sure to check it out, Scyke; thanks for the note.

Okay, now onto Crimson's character.

The appearance is still vague to the point that it's annoying. First off, he's 14, so of course he's going to look young. What does a "young complexion" make him look like? A five year old? There are no real defining characteristics here, (still) nothing to make even the slightest picture of what he actually looks like; all I've got out of it is "thin, tall and anime hair". He apparently doesn't have eyes, either. Might want to deal with that.

I'll skip the personality for now, because that was just painful to look at.

Lastly, what is up with his background? Where did he grow up? Why was he bullied? The total lack of the Five Ws (Google this if you actually don't know) you seem prone to not using makes this (and much of the history in general) completely redundant. Okay, so his parents were "killed" by wild Mightyena; more lack of explanation. Were they provoked? Did a pack just randomly fly into a brutal rage and wipe out everyone in his family EXCEPT Nathan? Also, why isn't Nathan dead, too? I've seen this "their family got killed" situation with a lot of sign-ups — it's not just you, really, so please don't feel like I'm hating on you or anything — and it's always total BS because their character, for some never-explained reason, is so "special" that the Pokémon/person/thing that killed their family /didn't/ kill them, too.

I'll reiterate, since he seems to have been transported to a completely different town after getting orphaned, but where did he grow up in the first place? When did all this happen? Who the hell is Mr. Corosska? (Can't just say "nice old man"?) Why was he getting mugged if he lived in such a small town filled with consistently kind people? Where did a totally random wild Combusken come from during said mugging? Why did it offer to help a kid that's supposed to be absolutely terrified of it?

I hope I don't need to explain again that this isn't a rejection, but there are serious problems that need to be taken care of before it can get accepted. (OrangeNess revised his about 5-6 times, but he still got accepted.)

Old April 11th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Tornzero's words said a bit nicer.
Drop that family murder nonsense,
It overdone and has an overused preasence
Mighteyenas don't murder
So put that to the burner

Replace the murder with family
A bright child is better
Don't you agree?

Instead of fearing Pokemon
Because of a tragic demon
Have him fear evil
I have nothing that rhymes with evil

Oh and rhymes aside
You should decide
Whether you want people to die
And a young lad to cry

Okay seriously I'm done, I was just overrun with rhymes because I have to much time. Why don't you leave the parents alive, I mean why have a bright personality guy with an out of place background. (When your parents die, I doubt you, or anyone, would be mr Sunshine)
College Bound, Mentally Sound.

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old April 12th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

-.- A well. It doesn't matter. I have far too many rps to keep up with in the first place. Sorry I can't live up to your standards.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here