• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
Hi guys im new to the community I have just downloaded a emuletor visual boy advance and want to download pokemon rising darkness could you give me a link and tell me what the whole patch thing is

Years
Hi guys im new to the community I have just downloaded a emuletor visual boy advance and want to download pokemon rising darkness could you give me a link and tell me what the whole patch thing is
You need to download the Dark Rising.ips file from the first page and then download a clean Fire Red ROM. After that patch it using Lunar IPS patcher

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2014
woah nice game..just beat adrian...nothing left to do right?

also first game i ever played this long..phew i trained all my pokes to lvl 100 from ground up ..i dont believe it myself

also i took a screenshot of it but how do i upload it here...no its not online so i dont have a link only the .jpeg file

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
MINOR UPDATE

The Hack, as well as the Evolution List & Wild Pokemon List has been Updated.

The additions to this update are as follows:

ALL Wild Pokemon have had their levels increased A LOT. (Still working on the trainers)

Grammar has been fixed in a few areas. (Still working on that as well.)

A few Pokemon are now available in different areas. (You'll see Timburr/Dwebble/Shellos can be seen in earlier areas than before.)

Dratini/Bagon/Gible now start with 4 moves when you first obtain them. (Dratini is no longer useless at the beginning lol)

I'll be getting to a lot more issues soon. When I'm hacking it's mostly working on Dark Rising 2, so if I get extra free time, I'll continue to improve this one. Enjoy ^.^

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2013
This hack looks pretty great, I like the idea of the story and the starters should be interesting. I'll give it a try and if I like it I may do a play through. I take it the sequel is a work in progress? Just wondering :)

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
hey, how's been the hack lately?, is there any music/pkmn cry update yet?

This hack's complete and the sequel is in the works. There won't be no new cries/Music in this one but the sequel will have it. You can check out some of the new music for the sequel that's already been installed in the hack and the overall hack itself here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=297933

This hack looks pretty great, I like the idea of the story and the starters should be interesting. I'll give it a try and if I like it I may do a play through. I take it the sequel is a work in progress? Just wondering :)

Yep, the link to the sequel is right above in this post. Hope you enjoy. ^.^

Years
I just finished playing the game, it was honestly hard, even closer to Blue Kaizo, and I loved the story and how there is gonna be DR 2 and 3. I mostly followed MrsExile's Let's Play of the game and started doing my own, I got relatively aggravated at the game when Adrian's battle came.

AshKetchumisnumber1

Pokémon Master
Years
ok i got to montage fortress in this hack and um i am at the building where the scientist is suppose to revive your pokemon from the fossil and even though i have the skull fossil everytime the guy asks me if i have a fossil for him he quickly replies with "no? is too bad"

so my main question is what do i do about that?

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Where is the best place to train EVs for Special Attack? I always seem to have the worst luck with Dragon attacks in this game since the only Pokemon of these three with the best Sp Atk still has a low value of it (basing on their fully evolved forms).

Years
Love this ROM hope the next is even better Giovanni scared me with his pokemon lol
If you came to him later in the game then he was just like a fried Sushi for you. Treat him as an Extra side quest for the game

ok i got to montage fortress in this hack and um i am at the building where the scientist is suppose to revive your pokemon from the fossil and even though i have the skull fossil everytime the guy asks me if i have a fossil for him he quickly replies with "no? is too bad"

so my main question is what do i do about that?
Yes that scientist is bugged because there is another person in the hack who revives Pokes not him

I must be so blind but what is the base rom for DR
The base ROM is FireRed for Pokemon Dark Rising. You could easily spot it on every page if you observe carefully

Where is the best place to train EVs for Special Attack? I always seem to have the worst luck with Dragon attacks in this game since the only Pokemon of these three with the best Sp Atk still has a low value of it (basing on their fully evolved forms).
You know my personal experience with the dragons say that they are mainly Physical hitters

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
You know my personal experience with the dragons say that they are mainly Physical hitters

Gen 3's Dragon attacks are all Special based, and with the fact that you start the hack and get the Dragon Fang so early is why I wanted to use moves like Dragonbreath and Dragon Claw so much. However, since Bagon never actually learns Dragonclaw, and I dont want to use Outrage due to the whole 'Leaves the user confused' situation *My luck with fighting through confusion is horrible*, Dragonbreath is really my only choice. Honestly though, if Salamence was able to retain the Rock Head ability from Shelgon, I'd be singing a different tune due to Take Down and Double Edge.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Since Pokemon are pretty much randomly placed, it's hard to pinpoint the best EV training place...
You will probably need to read through Pokemon locations and check which ones give Sp.Att EVs and train on them.

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2013
@darkrisinggirl hey I am new to the world of roms and hacked games and so I was wondering if you can send me a complete file of the 1st dark rising I think it seems amazing and it may be my favorite from the many that I have researched. I want to make my first hacked rom game to be a great and full game , so please if your first version is complete may I play it?

@darkrisinggirl

Thank you so much for sending me the rom, i have a question though. You created this game hack, so this is like the legit real game? haha i have found some all over the place but they freeze or glitch out and stuff. Will this 1 do that?

Last edited:
Years
@darkrisinggirl hey I am new to the world of roms and hacked games and so I was wondering if you can send me a complete file of the 1st dark rising I think it seems amazing and it may be my favorite from the many that I have researched. I want to make my first hacked rom game to be a great and full game , so please if your first version is complete may I play it?

@darkrisinggirl

Thank you so much for sending me the rom, i have a question though. You created this game hack, so this is like the legit real game? haha i have found some all over the place but they freeze or glitch out and stuff. Will this 1 do that?
Man this hack and all others in this web are not officially or through any other means related with Pokemon company

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Since Pokemon are pretty much randomly placed, it's hard to pinpoint the best EV training place...
You will probably need to read through Pokemon locations and check which ones give Sp.Att EVs and train on them.

After downloading the Wild PKMN list and going over the EV values, based on what is more common to encounter on the lists, Ive determined that it is impossible to EV train Special Attack until pretty late in the game, which makes my situation even worse since nothing in the first three areas even gives Special ATK EVs.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Distributing the ROMs is against the rules.

After downloading the Wild PKMN list and going over the EV values, based on what is more common to encounter on the lists, Ive determined that it is impossible to EV train Special Attack until pretty late in the game, which makes my situation even worse since nothing in the first three areas even gives Special ATK EVs.
Then go for Attack EV training first and Sp.Att as soon as possible after finishing.

Back