The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Advertise here

Old April 4th, 2013, 11:55 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7

Advertise here
In every main series Pokémon game there are things that were originally going to be added to the final release, but are changed or removed. Here are some of them for the 3rd Generation, more of them can be found by clicking on the game's name:
Ruby/Sapphire:
- An unused ability like Soundproof, Cacophony.
- The appearance of Shellos and Gastrodon.
- Torchic with ears.
- A Blaziken/Latias mix.
- More than 4 moves for a Pokémon.

FireRed/Leafgreen:
- Sevii Isles 22, 23 and 24.
- Unused overworld sprites for Mew, Raikou, Suicune, Entei, Celebi and Deoxys forms.
- Weather.

Emerald:
- Changes in Battle Frontier.

So which of the beta ideas would you liked to have had in the final release? What do you think the meanings of some of these beta ideas were?

Discuss!

So chilly~
Old April 5th, 2013, 10:56 AM
inferno7453

THREE snowflakes falling. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Well, for what I read (and I read everything), there isn't much to be added. What I liked the most though was definitely the more than 4 moves limit, maybe a 6 move limit. Now that would be great and allow for much more tactics.

Challenges completed:
-

Youtube Channel (for Challenge Updates): http://www.youtube.com/user/inferno7453
Old April 7th, 2013, 12:02 AM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
I always found it interesting that Shellos and Gastrodon were planned for Ruby and Sapphire, but somehow got scrapped before the final release of the game. I know that there was a similar situation where Pokemon were planned but didn't make it into Red/Blue (Ho-oh for example), but I wonder what caused them to get removed in the first place. And if the Ruby/Sapphire remakes ever come to be in the future, I wonder if we'll see their Hoenn forms (or something like it) during the game.
Old April 7th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Deoxys was not cut out of the game.
You can battle Deoxys via Mystery gift.

EDIT: Never mind. I re-read it.
I thought the deoxys overworld changed between R/S, FR/LG and E.
Each game used a different form of Deoxys.

Last edited by Nintendork15; April 7th, 2013 at 05:06 AM.
Old April 7th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Golden Warrior
Pokemon Professor

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Golden Warrior
Weather in FR/LG would have been very nice indeed. Now, as for more moves, I actually like the four move limit. You have to create strategies with a very tiny limit, to go up against just about anything. Not only does it make you think, it adds a small amount of difficulty.

So yeah:

Weather: Yes.

More moves: No

Sheldon sounds like it would have been sweet too.

3DS/Pokemon Y FC: 5300 - 9087 - 1138
I'll be up to battle or trade, I'll also always be up to multibattle. PM me if you add me here, give me a reason that you're adding me, and I'll be sure to add you back!

Friend Safari: Bug Type
Pokemon: Paras, Beautifly, and Pinsir.
Old April 7th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Jacobthepokemonfreak
what to think about?........

Nature: Hasty
I'd like to see what the other routes had on them, if they were in the game,
I'd also like the weather to be there, maybe sunny in Mt. place with moltres.

I have no signature at this point in time:
Have a small pic of roxas instead
Old April 10th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
Only one Thing which do not like from Beta to Curent version is NO JOHTO. Beta version of Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire in their script incule Johto and Kanto Region <Prove is Leftovers unused themes of LEGENDARY BEATS Battle, Saffron city, Team Rocket Battle, Crystal Poke Communication Center, Team Rocket Encounter> So sad that we do not seen Legendary Beast in RSE
- During Centuries... Whole worlds try keep in survive... Beafore the space start existing... In chaos eye appeared two eggs... One of mighty pokemon Arceus... Secound with less known Rejishan... Those two pokemon start build their worlds in other warps... Rejishan lose him mission... And undone world named now was TORN WORLD where now live Giratina... Arceus create world with Pokemons where live everywhere alongside with humans... What do Arceus after fail of Rejishan? He give him able to live in him world... But Rejishan want create something which been himself... And from biggest dessert upper than Unova Region start creating new region... This region is Thonsu... New species of Pokemons start locate at their region... Arceus fell angry... But forgive Rejishan and make with him friendship... But now... Is no one know... Rejishan hide in human body... Human name of Thonsu Creator is Sir Allan Newlight... - MYTH ABOUT REJISHAN (Pokemon Dirty Sun plot)

MY MUSIC SHOP - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296954
Old April 13th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
In between Celebi and Treecko's data in RSEFRLG there's 9-10 different empty slots for pokemon, making the Shellos Theory being more true.

Shellos Theory being it was going to be a 3rd Gen Pokémon.
Old April 21st, 2013, 07:51 PM
pokem0nprincess

Nature: Quirky
I would have liked to see Shellos and also weather in FRLG. And I think Torchic with ears is adorable. :3
Blue - 4 badges
Yellow - 4 badges
Gold - 8 badges but no E4
LeafGreen - 8 badges, E4, Kanto Dex completed
FireRed- 8 badges & E4
Emerald - 8 badges & E4, most of dex complete
Diamond - 8 badges, E4, working on dex
Pearl - 8 badges, no E4 yet
SoulSilver - 16 badges, no Red, working on dex
White - 8 badges, no E4
Black 2 - 7 badges
X 8 badges, E4, working on dex
Old April 21st, 2013, 08:22 PM
lmcde22

It says on the page that the snow might have been for Mt Chimney and that it might havebeen a snowy mountain instead of a volcano. i would love to see that especially because part of the plot focused around Mt Chimney. i would like to see what plot changes would take place.
Old April 21st, 2013, 08:58 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Almost forgot to mention the unused songs in RSE. There was 3 songs: Saffron City, Route 38, and the Raikou/Suicune/Entei battle themes. There's also some stripped-down versions of the contest theme.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old April 21st, 2013, 09:26 PM
Hoenn
➜is not the last B E A C O N

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
Almost forgot to mention the unused songs in RSE. There was 3 songs: Saffron City, Route 38, and the Raikou/Suicune/Entei battle themes. There's also some stripped-down versions of the contest theme.
I think in FRLG there was an unused song for Violet City of Gold, but later on I found that it might've been used for one of the Sevii Islands. Also, in Fire Red English version, in the bootscreen they didn't implement the "Presents" text although it was stored in the game. Also there was this screen with Torchic and two other Pokémon.

And I think the gap between the numbers could be explained as inexplicable Pokémon ideas such as Shellos and test subjects.

I think those unused OW sprites were meant for Special Events or something.

Anyway Torchic with years is the laugh of the century but I'd really wanted the Blatiaken.

More than four moves might've caused a deep imbalance, tho~

MOAR SEVII ISLES NAAOOOO

And I was really surprised when I saw the snow effect in FireRed too.

Previously known as Elaitenstile 
Old April 21st, 2013, 09:43 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by ★Hoenn★ View Post
I think in FRLG there was an unused song for Violet City of Gold, but later on I found that it might've been used for one of the Sevii Islands. Also, in Fire Red English version, in the bootscreen they didn't implement the "Presents" text although it was stored in the game. Also there was this screen with Torchic and two other Pokémon.
The song is used in the Sevii Islands, yes, and the "Presents" text was actually a bug in the first versions of the game. It was corrected for later productions of the game.

btw if you're really into beta stuff, there's a German Debugger's version of Pokémon Rubin (Ruby) that has all sorts of fun stuff, and apparently, unused cries.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here