The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Old April 13th, 2013, 11:14 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
HM02, Fly, takes the player to any town or city they have previously visited. Aside for settlements, there are some other places the player can fly to such as the entrance to Victory Road. Where else would you like to be able to fly to? Why? Is there anywhere where you think it is not necessary to be able to fly to?

Discuss!

So zippy~
Old April 14th, 2013, 12:33 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I don't use Fly so much as before but yeah, flying to these special locations like Sky Pillar which you visit more than once could be very interesting... =)
Otherwise, I wouldn't want any other flying position.
Old April 14th, 2013, 01:14 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
The only place I could think of is the Pokémon Centre on Route 10, near the Power Plant. It would just save having to have a Cut slave with me every time.
Old April 14th, 2013, 03:05 AM
Golden Warrior
Pokemon Professor

Send a message via Skype™ to Golden Warrior
Honestly, flying anywhere there's a Pokemon center would be awesome. I have no complaints with the current fly zones though.

3DS/Pokemon Y FC: 5300 - 9087 - 1138
I'll be up to battle or trade, I'll also always be up to multibattle. PM me if you add me here, give me a reason that you're adding me, and I'll be sure to add you back!

Friend Safari: Bug Type
Pokemon: Paras, Beautifly, and Pinsir.
Old April 14th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Arceus_17
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
The only place I could think of is the Pokémon Centre on Route 10, near the Power Plant. It would just save having to have a Cut slave with me every time.
I'm pretty sure you can fly there in Fire Red / Leaf Green.
Old April 14th, 2013, 04:24 AM
LielZ
Unhatched Egg

you can fly , in all games ...
Old April 14th, 2013, 12:19 PM
inferno7453

Well, I can't think of anywhere special other than Sky Pillar, Mt. Pyre and maybe Meteor Falls. They got it all covered, specially since you don't visit most of these places twice so you can fly there.

Challenges completed:
-

Youtube Channel (for Challenge Updates): http://www.youtube.com/user/inferno7453
Old April 14th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Nah. That'd make it too easy, wouldn't it? Especially in Hoenn, as the only semi-difficult major location to get to is Mt Pyre and that's not bat at all. You gotta put forth at least a bit effort there. Makes the game feel more like an adventure.

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

- Pairs - Family - Lovelies -

- Theme - Av Art - Sig Gif -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
Old April 16th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Brendino

Nature: Quiet
The only three places in Hoenn that I felt could've used a fly point would've been the Safari Zone, Mt. Pyre and the Sky Pillar. Since the latter two don't make much sense being able to fly directly to, the Safari Zone would've been nice, as it's the only one that you can't fly directly to or right near (even the Pal Park in D/P/Pt and the Safari Zone in HG/SS could be flown directly to).

As for Kanto, the only extra points I would've liked to been able to Fly to would be the Seafoam Islands (which again, kind of defeats the purpose), and Resort Gorgeous off of Five Island.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 03:58 PM
lmcde22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendino View Post
The only three places in Hoenn that I felt could've used a fly point would've been the Safari Zone, Mt. Pyre and the Sky Pillar. Since the latter two don't make much sense being able to fly directly to, the Safari Zone would've been nice, as it's the only one that you can't fly directly to or right near (even the Pal Park in D/P/Pt and the Safari Zone in HG/SS could be flown directly to).

As for Kanto, the only extra points I would've liked to been able to Fly to would be the Seafoam Islands (which again, kind of defeats the purpose), and Resort Gorgeous off of Five Island.
I agree about the Safari Zone but you should be able to fly to the Sky Pillar. It's one of the best places to train but having to surf there and back when you have to heal your Pokemon or when you run out of PP is just time consuming and annoying.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links