The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 20th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Melody
Singing Nature's Melody
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody
Username: Pachy
Favorite Sonic Character(s): Cosmo (Hence the theme)
Answer a Discussion Topic: Sonic The Hedgehog 2 was my fave!

"It loves to bask in the sunlight. It uses the leaf on its head to seek out warm places."
Chikorita

Old March 30th, 2013, 09:43 PM
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
Hello Sid, Chaos Fork and Pachy to the club!

I recently brought Sonic Adventure 2 on PSN; truth be told it's only the second time I've played the game outright.

Oh, and The Taxman (one responsible for the Retro Engine-made Sonic CD 2011) is back as SEGA have comfirmed at the Game Developers' Conference that Sonic 1 HD will arrive to Android and iOS. Now, there has been many ports of this game, but with this comes widescreen, remastered soundtracks and more. This can be said the 'definitive' Sonic 1 port as we truly imagined it.

Not only that, Sonic 2 may also be down the line akin to Sonic 1 and CD. Oh, and if you already have the iOS version then this new version will just be a free update.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/03/...-also-planned/
Old April 13th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Welcome, cuties. :)

Cid, you gotta play the Adventure 1 or 2! Or, I guess you can watch a Let's Play...

I still haven't beaten SA2 on the PS3. I'm sure it's obvious as to why... no... yeahh....

Did you ever spent most of your time taking care of your chaos or you mostly focused on the main storyline?
Yes! A bulk of my gameplay hours come from feeding, raising, and idling with the chao. I really thought I could get an all S-rank chao through some chain breeding and then through reincarnating it a dozen times. I did just that on the Gamecube version. On the PS3 version, I'm trying to raise a dark chaos one. >3<

I also haven't fiinished Sonic CD on my PS3. :( Anyone else never completed a Sonic game, for one reason or another?

Old April 15th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Yukari Yakumo
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Yukari Yakumo
Username: Classic Sonic
Favourite Sonic Character(s): Tails, Sonic, Silver
What's your favourite Sonic song?: Ice Cap Zone Act 2
What is your favourite Sonic game?: Generations. It just brings back favourite levels of my past, like Chemical Plant and Seaside Hill.

New Questions? How about What's your favourite Sonic boss?: mine is probably Perfect Chaos. How you simply had to charge through him, quickly dodging attacks was just great imo. Also the remake in Generations was top notch (sorry if that was already a discussion topic).
pairs
family
credit
theme
Old April 16th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Wilhelm
Hail the Almighty Robot Policeman

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Sonic View Post
New Questions? How about What's your favourite Sonic boss?: mine is probably Perfect Chaos. How you simply had to charge through him, quickly dodging attacks was just great imo. Also the remake in Generations was top notch (sorry if that was already a discussion topic).
While I do love Perfect Chaos (but for completely different reasons than you, lol) My favorite was the grabbing hand thing at the end of Launch Base zone in Sonic 3. The boss is one of Eggman's Robotnik's coolest, and also had one of the most well structured and challenging battles of the 2D era of Sonic.

BTW, my reason for liking Perfect Chaos is because it bears a strong resemblance to Godzilla enemy, Biolante, in it's monster form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightBlade View Post
Did you ever spent most of your time taking care of your chaos or you mostly focused on the main storyline?
Yes! A bulk of my gameplay hours come from feeding, raising, and idling with the chao. I really thought I could get an all S-rank chao through some chain breeding and then through reincarnating it a dozen times. I did just that on the Gamecube version. On the PS3 version, I'm trying to raise a dark chaos one. >3<

I also haven't fiinished Sonic CD on my PS3. Anyone else never completed a Sonic game, for one reason or another?
FINISH SONIC CD! I have finished every Sonic game I have started except one. Sonic Spinball. Now, I love this game, I really do. Probably the best non Sonic Team Sonic game ever. But it's extremely difficult. I myself have made it what I believe is the last level after hours of effort, only to be thwarted by the fact that you have limited time before the area you need to be is too high in the sky to reach, because it was launching or something like that. I have picked it up a couple of times since, but I'm so far out of practice that I really can't do a lot. Also, the tune in the first level is catchy.

@ your actual question, I have spent a fair amount of time on Chao before, but never more than the game itself.

Last edited by Wilhelm; April 16th, 2013 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 10th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Yukari Yakumo
Community Supporter

I think that in my opinion, most people should pay a bit more attention to the spinoffs. There are fantastic ones, such as Sonic Riders, and the fun ones like Sonic Spinball. Not everyone should only care about the main games. And with that, I leave behind this:
pairs
family
credit
theme
Old May 10th, 2013, 08:25 PM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Nature: Modest
I really enjoyed Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity. I think it was better when it was released though, because now it's overshadowed a tad by Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing series.
Old May 18th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Yukari Yakumo
Community Supporter

What do you think about Sonic the Movie/Sonic OVA?: I looooved it! It has its cool moments (Sonic vs Metal Sonic), it's funny moments (Sonic and Tails confusing Robotnik as he tries to attack) and its...odd moments (Metal Sonic...uh...you'll have to watch to find out).

Have you played any fan-created Sonic games? What's your opinion on them?: I've so far, played Sonic Robo Blast 2 and Sonic FGX, and may I say that the mods for SRB2 are really good, my personal favourite being the HMS..something something (random numbers :/), and FGX is like the Advance series, just with more characters.

Who is your favorite villain?: Definitely Metal Sonic. Particularly in Heroes, how he's the hidden villain, providing a really different plot twist...not the same old "kick Eggman's butt, leave, rinse and repeat" scenario.
pairs
family
credit
theme
Old May 18th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

NEW SONIC TITLES ANNOUNCED

Sonic Lost World [link] :: some rumors [link]
Mario and Sonic at Sochi Olympic Games

Anyone watching the news? Hyped? Thoughts? Will Lost World just focus on Sonic and Tails, or more characters? Who will be Sonic's antagonist? Sadly these titles are on Nintendo consoles, WiiU and 3Ds. :(

@Classic Sonic: Spin offs are cool too! I really liked the Sonic Rush (Is that a spin off?). I've only played the first Sonic Riders, but I have fond memories of it too. My favorite track there would be the Sand Ruins. I'll have to check out more Sonic fangames and see if I want to buy Sonic Hereos in the PSN store.

@David: How is All Stars? I haven't played any of them.

@Necrum: Spinball is very difficult. I only remember the first level really. 8D; CD is kind of difficult, too. It's probably because I don't play it enough, so I don't know the levels' layouts. :(

Old May 19th, 2013, 02:20 AM
~Ryukaa
//fennekin
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ryukaa Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
Considering all we've seen of Lost World is a single piece of concept art, I don't really have too much of an opinion yet. However, if Sega decides to keep up the awesome pace they've been doing with the past few Sonic games, then Lost World is definitely something I'll be excited about soon enough!
Oh, and. That world looks massive. Makes me wonder how many zones they're going to put in the game. : )

As for the new Mario and Sonic, I sorta lost interest after the second game. Awesome for the people who DO like it, though. o3o
Old May 19th, 2013, 04:56 AM
Spinosaurus

I hope the new Sonic game follows Sonic Colors and Generations in terms of gameplay, instead of being essentially Sonic Adventure 3. The Adventure series is god awful and were not good transitions to 3D for Sonic. Besides, exploration isn't something you normally associate with Sonic.
And please no stupid (playable) friends.

By the way, anyone here played Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed? It's dangerously close to being my favorite Sonic game, regardless of it being a spin off. It's kart racing bliss, and a perfect complimentary to Mario Kart 7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Sonic View Post

Who is your favorite villain?: Definitely Metal Sonic. Particularly in Heroes, how he's the hidden villain, providing a really different plot twist...not the same old "kick Eggman's butt, leave, rinse and repeat" scenario.
You know, I wish this was always case. Every plot twist they come up with regarding a new villain (the opposite is fine though, like Generations and Rush Adventure, since it's actually obvious), it ends up being incredibly cliche and cringe-worthy. I especially hated what they did to Metal Sonic in Heroes. Eggman is a good character, all he needs are good dialogue (like Sonic Colors) and he's the perfect complimentary villain to Sonic, not some stupid grim-dark douche that appears at the last minute.

There's a reason why Nintendo sticks with Bowser every time and Sega is finally understanding.

Also, I feel the need to mention this, but I'll never forgive Sega for killing off Big the Cat. Those bastards.
Old May 20th, 2013, 01:35 AM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

@Twilight/Spino

I've played the demo of the 3DS version quite a few times, and the 360 version once of twice at a friends house. They are both awesome titles! Pretty much on par with the MarioKart titles.

Also the Tennis game is very cheap and quite alot of fun!

I just bought the updated Sonic 1 for Android. It's a wonderful update! The graphics and sound are the best they have ever been.
The controls are actually pretty good. Most Android games fall short and that department, and while it's still not as good as a controller, it's alot better then some of the other ports to the system. Adding Spin-dash and Save Files is a neat little feature, although will make the game much easier.
They fixed almost all the bugs. The one thing that annoyed me though is they fixed the first boss battle so now you can hit Eggman until he lowers the ball X( . I really hope Sega considers appling the Taxman Update to the rest of the games/versions. I wouldn't mind it seeing updated on XBLA or PSN either.
Old May 28th, 2013, 11:53 AM
BakingBluePotatoe
The Red Death Alchemist

Nature: Brave
Guys:

SDLKFJLASKDIOSWOUOCFXDZFIPSDESLKDLGJFDLKJGSLDJALOEROITAWERUSGOIERFU*VG($Q(%O*WA&FGR(DX&()XBDVF*)(BCXD*$N(&^(WS*VC)X(TX#V)QNW(SME%P$*^#$

Just LOOK AT IT!!!

totally reminds me of the cancelled Sonic X-Treme from the Saturn days... and them flickies and animals... dem monsters... dat... dat... GAMEPLAY! *droools*

I do hope Tails and Knux will be playable... We know for a fact Tails will at least be involved in the story, seeing as we saw him drive the tornado in the teaser pic. as for Knuckles... Hunnid-P claimed, last year, that he was working on Knuckles music for a new game... could it be this one, or possibly the third title that we don't know about?

and before, the monster guys where called the "Guardians" but now they're refering to them as the "The Deadly 6"? Or maybe they just didn't want to officially reveal the "Guardians" bit in the trailer? who knows?

Tausch Mit Mir?: 2208-5032-7062
Proud Member of Chaos Control & Equivalent Exchange!
Outlinks:
Twitter (Main) || deviantART || Tumblr || Youtube
Twitter (RP acct 1) || Twitter (RP acct 2)

Old May 28th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Wilhelm

The gameplay looks intriguing. But on the villains are pretty disappointing to me. They just don't really seem to fit the Sonic Style. I personally just want to see Dr. Robotnik be a main Villain again without being a joke. Though considering the end of Generations it makes sense that he's not in this game. I hope he's back for the next one though.

Old May 28th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

The video didn't work for me, so here's the link to IGN's preview http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=D-sIkDWfccU

Looks great! Though I thought it would look more like Generations. I'm still pretty interested in Lost World! I didn't expect the Guardians to be enemies. Where's Eggman in all of this?

At least we got a trailer finally. I'm not buying Sonic 1 again. :P Bring on the new games, yeah!

Old May 29th, 2013, 07:54 AM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

@Twilight

You should consider it! It's got loads of new features besides the ones I've mentioned already. You can unlock a fully playable Tails and Knuckles and with a little bit wizardry you can even unlock nifty features such as the elemental shields, A 7th Chaos Emerald (Stage and all) and even Super Forms for all 3 characters! Pretty Nifty stuff! Even a Full Debug mode!

All in all it's a total overall for the game. I can understand your hesitation towards buying the same game yet again (I myself own at least 4 copies of the game in all sorts of forms). However, this is a true overhaul. You won't regret it.

That being said, I need need need need to get my self a Wii U as soon as I can afford it. I am NOT missing out on what's basicly Sonic Xtreme.
Old May 29th, 2013, 10:49 AM
BakingBluePotatoe
The Red Death Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidtheDeadPhilosopher View Post
and with a little bit wizardry you can even unlock nifty features such as the elemental shields, A 7th Chaos Emerald (Stage and all) and even Super Forms for all 3 characters!
Wat.

Holy---
Now I NEED to get this on my phone! Though I'd rather get a port of it for... something that's not my phone.

===

So apparently the Wisps are back, and Sonic and Eggman... ARE WORKING TOGETHER. All because Eggy's plan to control the Deadly Six backfired epicaly... XD

Outlinks:

Old May 30th, 2013, 09:39 AM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Here is a trailer analysis for anyone who wants to dig a little deeper into the trailer.

Old June 3rd, 2013, 11:29 PM
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
As you all know by now (I hope), Sonic Lost World is the first of the three games made from the SEGA/Nintendo partnership.

I'll be getting the 3DS version, since that's the console I have. Luckily, the game won't be in the vein of Dimperations as far as it being Sonic's first totally 3D game on a handheld (Sonic Rivals don't count duh.)

Also, I'll share what I want to see music-wise from the game:

I'm all for a mix of Naofumi Hataya (new material from him would be bliss), Tomoya Othani (my favorite Sonic composer as far as the 'Modern' Era goes), Fumie Kumatani (my favorite female composer for the series hands down), Richard Jacques (he's one of Sonic's most notable composers after all) and Cash Cash (non-vocal stuff plz) personally.

Oh, and throw in Kenichi Tokoi, Mariko Namba and Tony Harnell/Ted Poley. The latter duo for the vocal theme of the game.

Jun Senoue...I can see him working on the music to this game as well, but it has to be a collaboration with the aforementioned artists I mentioned, like Hataya.
Old June 8th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Sigh, I really need the next generation of gaming consoles. I want new Sonic games... The gameplay makes it so enticing. I want it, have to have it, the more I watch it, the more I need it, of course they got Aaron Webber to show off the game, he melts my heart, wah. 8(

@ChaosSonic: It appears Dimps is developing the 3DS version. Some music tracks from Sonic Heroes also make a return. I was watching what I thought was the WiiU gameplay until a user pointed out that it was actually the 3DS version. Like, woah! It's a step up in quality from 3DS's Generations. I don't own a 3DS, though, so I wouldn't really know. >.<;

Here's the latest news on Sonic Lost World from TSSZ.

Quote:
Gameplay Features, New Levels, Cooperative Modes, and More

Since its initial announcement, the Sonic community has been itching for more from Sega about Sonic Lost World, and that time has come once again. Thanks to IGN, we now have a wealth of information about both the Wii U and the 3DS versions of the game.

Let’s talk Wii U first. IGN released a video of three full stages of the game with commentary by Sega’s own Aaron Webber to better introduce the game’s environments and mechanics. This video gives us our clearest, longest look at Windy Hill yet, and viewers can get a feel for how dynamic and intense Sonic Team hopes to make the game. Additionally, the video takes a look at some new areas, namely Zones 2 and 3 of Desert Ruins. These levels encompass a geometric honeycomb forest and a psychedelic candy land, respectively, and are certainly a far cry from the generic arid environment that their name suggests. Takashi Iizuka was quick to point out how the diversity in the level’s environments was a conscious decision:

"Yes, we are aiming to get the players more excited and happy as they advance to each level – once clearing the previous level – by adding more variation to all the levels. This is not just about the variety and fun regarding the theme of a level, but also the shape and play style, which are unique in each."

Iizuka also discussed the game’s control schemes and multiplayer offerings. Wisp powers will be activated and controlled exclusively through the GamePad, as Iizuka explained by using the Cyan Laser power as an example. “In the ‘Cyan Laser’ color power,” he said, “which is in the E3 Demo, you control direction and launch timing with the GamePad. We are also implementing various color powers which will use the GamePad as well.” The game will incorporate a cooperative multiplayer mode called Support Mode, wherein a second player using a Wii Remote will control a “Radio Control Gadget” that allows them to destroy enemies and obstacles in Sonic’s way. There will also be a competitive mode that features gameplay split between the TV and the GamePad, although details on that mode are not as plentiful. Additionally, the Wii U Pro Controller will be a possible control option, but it not be available for use in single player. Finally, Sonic Team plans to extend Miiverse integration beyond game assistance and discussion by allowing players to exchange items with each other.

In terms of the 3DS release, Iizuka stressed that fully 3D gameplay will be integral to the experience. The game will be developed by Dimps and, according to Sega, will feature “totally new level design to match the screen size and hardware so players can enjoy both versions with a fresh feeling.” The game will support local and online multiplayer for up to four people, and it will incorporate item sharing features as well. It will also include some form of connectivity to the Wii U version of the game. IGN released three gameplay videos of the game, and you can click on these links to see them.

Windy Hill tutorial gameplay - Windy Hill Zone 1 gameplay - Desert Ruins Zone 2 gameplay

The article warns us that this encompasses all of Sonic Lost World‘s showing at E3, so the next few days may not bring much by way of additional information. However, there will be many people going hands-on with the game at the expo, and we will be sure to relay those first impressions as they come in.

Old June 11th, 2013, 02:53 PM
BakingBluePotatoe
The Red Death Alchemist

New SLW news... not much but it's something:

http://www.radiosega.net/news/sega/2...dly-six-named/

In case you couldn't already tell, Zik is my favorite. x3

Outlinks:

Old June 23rd, 2013, 12:31 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Happy 22nd Birthday, Sonic!

There is a sale going on for Sonic games @ Sega's blog.

What do you think about the Deadly Six from Lost World? How bad should they be? Do you have a favorite?
For me, their designs remind me of games that target younger audiences, like Spyro's Skylanders. They'll probably be used for some comic relief, but I do hope they manage to pose an actual threat to Sonic. The Deadly Six should at some point steal the chaos emeralds, take Wisps or animals hostage, or jeopadize the entire planet. Why else would they be called Deadly? :P
My favorite one would be the green one, Zeena. Her design is so sleek and menacing. :3

Spoiler:

Old June 23rd, 2013, 12:47 PM
Wilhelm

Happy birthday, Sonic! I really don't have much to say on the Deadly Six yet. Anyway, here's a little nostalgia for ya:

Spoiler:

Old July 9th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Classic Shadow

Username:Classic Shadow
Favorite Sonic Character(s)hadow
Answer a Discussion Topic:23 who is your favorite villain: Metal sonic
Old July 13th, 2013, 11:40 PM
Brolijah
Secretly Active ;3

Nature: Serious
User: elija
Fav Sonic Charcters: Shadow, Sonic, Black Doom (does he count?), Metal Sonic, Silver.
Discussion topics:
28) First impression: "Sega called they want Sonic X-treme back." and "There's a hint of Super Mario Galaxy, I think." Also, is the hidden, ironic, creepy theme here 666?
22) 1# Rooftop Run Modern -Generations, (I'm obsessed with this...)
2# City Escape - SA2, (As a kid, I'm sure all my dreams started here.)
3# Arid Sands - Unleashed HD, (I've never actually played Unleashed HD, but I have played the one found in Unleashed Project mod for Generations, which I believe is pretty true to its original.)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links