• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My OzzyCake brings all the boys to the yard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hi, Ozzy here! 18 & English. I love Pokémon, squirrels, Yugioh, guitar, science, and just about anything else you could imagine. Currently studying Chemistry at university (it's so much fun I might die) and regretting every second of it, with career hopes of becoming either a conservationist or, if more appropriate for life plans, a secondary school teacher.

I'd write more but I'm not sure what's interesting and given the purpose of this forum I think it's better to let people find out themselves, so have fun!

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
In any given circumstance would you rather be able to fly or be able to run very, very fast? Why?

What's your favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! archetype?

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
Years
One food, for the rest of your life. What would it be, and why?
Favourite TV shows and movies?
Sweets or chocolate (this decides everything {<3})

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
I love the pun in the name of the topic :)

Ozzy, what's your favourite Pokemon game?

Do you like Marmite? If yes, what do you eat with it?

Favourite type of sweets?

Why there's no squirrely Ozzy post in my AMA thread?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
In any given circumstance would you rather be able to fly or be able to run very, very fast? Why?
In the words of the legendary Simon Neil, "I would like to fly, because there are no moral question marks involved with that." Depends on the speed/magnitude of being able to fly, but I'd probably go with that just because you have the perk of crossing oceans!

What's your favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! archetype?
My two favourites are Frogs and Batteryman, but it's a hard choice between the two! I think I'll go with Frogs because they're the first deck I ever created and their art/theme is just <333

One food, for the rest of your life. What would it be, and why?
Oh this is hard... I think I'll have to go with lasagne, though - it's the only food I never get bored of. (Chips too, if possible! :D)

Favourite TV shows and movies?
Favourite TV show is either Doctor Who or Being Human (UK), and favourite movie is Stardust! It's such a fun and epic movie with wonderful characters and the premise of the story is so magical ♥

Sweets or chocolate (this decides everything {<3})
Chocolaaaaaaaaaaaate, and you're a monster if you choose otherwise. :D

Have you ever been greeted like a celebrity on another forum(s)?
We're not all lucky enough to be such shining beacons as certain members ;(

Ozzy, what's your favourite Pokemon game?
Pokémon Rumble Blast! It's such a great spin from the standard games whilst keeping the Pokémon feel very much in tact - one of the few games I never get bored of haha. As for main series games, basically just anything set in the Sinnoh region. I'll go with Pearl because that was my first!

Do you like Marmite? If yes, what do you eat with it?
No it's awful, awful stuff. :(

Favourite type of sweets?
Jellyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, anything jelly-based is bliss!

Why there's no squirrely Ozzy post in my AMA thread?
Look again :p

What kind of conservationist?
Depends entirely on what's available - it'd ideally be involving the conservation of declining species like the red squirrel or, much more likely given the number of opportunities available, it'll be some kind of socio-politics role in regulation of resources etc and basically just trying to stop people from killing themselves :p

Sirfetch’d

As former staff what would you say was the best part of moderating?

I know my favorite part of joining PC was the great friends I made. Do you feel the same way?

Cutest Pokemon from each generation?

Favorite squirrel pic of gif?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
As former staff what would you say was the best part of moderating?
Allllllll da *****es. Nah the best part was definitely just having people come to you with problems, it's a good feeling being able to help people like that - plus you get to blackmail people if they don't spam your profile with squirrels :p It's also fun organising events and giving out emblems and stuff, and the staff room itself is a lot of fun - basically the whole thing was pretty great!

I know my favorite part of joining PC was the great friends I made. Do you feel the same way?
Allllllll da *****es. My favourite part of PC certainly is the people here, yes! I've made some of the best relationships of my life here, including a few very special ones indeed, and I'm very thankful for it.

Cutest Pokemon from each generation?
Gen I - Sandshrew <33333
Gen II - Wooper <33333
Gen III - Gulpin <333
Gen IV - Pachirisu <33333
Gen V - Emolga <3 (they all kinda sucked)
Gen VI - Chespin <33333333 (nothing will beat him :D)

Favorite squirrel pic of gif?
tH8yX.gif

Now that's the kind of question I like!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
OZZY!!

If you were ever to be asked on staff, would you do it? Why/why not? Which section would you want to mod?

Will you do more covers please?

Also have an adorable squirrel

squirrel-o.gif

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Do you have a bucket list? If so, what's on it?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
WHO ARE YOU

If you were ever to be asked on staff, would you do it? Why/why not? Which section would you want to mod?
I really couldn't tell you for a couple more weeks haha. The reason I quit originally hasn't gone away yet, so it'd depend on the circumstances at the time - I would love to go back though, I do miss being staff. As for a section, I'll always adore Pokémon Clubs and returning there would be great, but honestly Olli's got it covered and I don't think he'll need help for a long time so I'd rather take up a new section I think! If I got to choose it'd be Pokémon Trivia since it's a really fun and relaxed area, and it'd just be a really cool place to look after haha.

Will you do more covers please?
Sure, list some songs ;D

Also have an adorable squirrel

squirrel-o.gif
eeeeeeeeeee <333333333333333

What subject are you thinking of teaching at secondary school?
Chemistry, most likely! Despite not enjoying the degree I do love chemistry on the whole, it's just going into so much detail that's tedious. Also since I'll have a degree in the field it seems somewhat appropriate!

Do you have a bucket list? If so, what's on it?
Honestly I've never really given it much thought! I'll make one now ;D
  • Marriage, family, house, etc
  • Raise a baby squirrel
  • Be caught in the middle of a flock of penguins
  • Save a species from extinction
  • Publish a paper on red/grey squirrels
  • Meet Simon Neil
  • Play a tour with a band
  • Complete LoZ: Skyward Sword

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Gen I - Sandshrew <33333
Gen II - Wooper <33333
Gen III - Gulpin <333
Gen IV - Pachirisu <33333
Gen V - Emolga <3 (they all kinda sucked)
Gen VI - Chespin <33333333 (nothing will beat him :D)

I like your Gen II and Gen III choices. :]

I've probably asked this before but why did you choose Chemistry as your university course in the first place? :o

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
What is/was the best moment of your PC life?
Should I visit England?
If you could back in time, where would you go?
What's something that you like about yourself.
What's something you think you need to improve on?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I've probably asked this before but why did you choose Chemistry as your university course in the first place? :o
Alllllll da *****es. I've just always really liked chemistry! The main reason was that I was told it'd be a great subject to choose for the career I wanted, but it turns out that was complete rubbish and my chemistry teacher just wanted me to continue the subject haha. But it has always been my favourite subject (bar Biology obv), so I'm not that bitter about it. Chemistry is very interesting and incredibly useful to know about it so I'm somewhat happy :)

What is/was the best moment of your PC life?
Becoming a moderator, I think! It was a heck of a lot of fun and the feeling was great haha. I'd expand but I'm not sure there's much need :p

You I visit England?
... yes? XD I'm going to assume this is "Should I visit England?", in which case the answer is yes, definitely! It'd be great fun to finally meet you, we could spend so long slaving away swinging pickaxes together it'll be just like old times :')

If you could back in time, where would you go?
I'd go to the Crustaceaus Period to see how life worked then and what the ecosystems were like and what's on top of the food chain! /nerd

What's something that you like about yourself.
I'm sexy. idk I like my guitar playing-ness! It's great for passing loads of free time :D

What's something you think you need to improve on?
Motivation! I'm awful at things like revising for exams or getting essays done, so I definitely need to work on getting motivated for the things I do haha.

droomph

weeb
Years
where from comes you hencewith and insoaswith and conjunctions that i don't even

Also what's the craziest predicament you've gotten yourself into? Not counting the stealing the albino squirrels thing.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
where from comes you hencewith and insoaswith and conjunctions that i don't even
Yes

Also what's the craziest predicament you've gotten yourself into? Not counting the stealing the albino squirrels thing.
I'm not really a magnet for chaos haha, but I guess it's probably in Year 3 when we had a spelling test and our teacher marked our books - she put a comment saying something like "Your handwriting is very bad and you need to work on it" and I crossed out bits to change it to "Your handwriting is very good and you need a present for it". I came back the next day to see that she'd crossed out the corrections and had placed a large "SEE ME AT LUNCH" underneath, at which point I obviously spent the whole of lunch hiding in the toilets until returning for the final class, being greeted by lots and lots of shouting :D So crazy right #livingontheedge

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Ozzy. What is your favorite element. Chemically speaking, chemist to chemist here.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Ozzy. What is your favorite element. Chemically speaking, chemist to chemist here.
Argon, without a doubt! What other element can you make so many jokes about? I'd tell you, but the rest of the jokes argon ;DDDDDDDDD

Did you hear about when Argon walked into a bar? The bartender said "Sorry, we don't serve noble gasses." Argon didn't react :(

ETC ETC ETC the fun is endless <3 However as an actual element, my favourite is Zirconium! It's such a pretty metal and has so many surprisingly properties about it. I admire its packing structure and its resistance to corrosion, making for a bucket load of uses for the shimmering white material. It's also interesting that Zirconium has no (known) biological uses which is somewhat rare, so the fact that it exists solely outside of the living world is fascinating; almost mysterious haha. /huge nerd

I really want to ask yours, but you don't seem to have a thread to do it in and asking questions via VM is obviously too outrageous to even consider :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back