• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
And Bayern Munich won Borrusia Dortmund 2-1 in the CL final.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
One of the greatest matches of the season. It was beautiful. Dortmund battled really well, it's a shame they lost.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
id2Yevtxbc5IK.gif

That stamp from Lewandowski.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
Bloody great match. Bummed Dortmund lost, but Bayern's deserving of a win, and I'm glad they finished on a high note.

Here's that impeccable goal-line save from Subotic:-

ibgapqYocP946.gif

I was also hoping for my favourite Dortmund player to sneak in a goal, and I got what I wanted!

Dortmund played so well last night. We may have lost this one, but we've gained so many admirers in the process. I'm proud.

Years
It saddens me that robben scored the winner, he gets the headlines even though he played pretty crap.

Reus was really good in the first half, I think Dortmund have a good enough team for next year so long as they replace Gotze.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I shudder to think what can Pep do with these guys- if he gets Robben to score more than one in four absolute sitters, they'll be unstoppable.

Years
I assume pep will find a new winger, robben has hardly been in favour this season.

Meanwhile barca sign neymar, perhaps they'll be a good challenge to their former manager.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Disappointed at the Dortmund loss, but from what little I saw of it (and what I had Went babbling about to me on Skype d:), it was pretty fantastic. That save in the .gif above me there is immaculate, probably one of the best bits of defensive play I've ever seen. However I'm pretty horrified at SNOR(es)LAX's post up there with Lewandowski's stamp. What did he get for that?

Years
I lol'd at what Lewandowski has done. Shame that Robben was playing badly for almost whole match and scored that goal after all. BVB did really good in the first half, later it was just getting worse...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Yeah, Lewandowski's stamp was bad. But Ribery (unsuccessfully) elbowed him in the face, so karma is kinda neutral on it, particularly as nobody was really hurt.
Is it just me or is Pep Guardiola kinda fortunate with the teams he gets? Barcelona were unstoppable under him, but a lot of that is due to him having Messi 100% fit for his entire reign - just look what happened the second he got injured. And Bayern...well, they're absolutely class.
And even if his tactics have something to do with the success of Barca (I believe it was him who decided to play Messi in a central role), he was lucky in that he inherited a team, as opposed to a bunch of personalities, which is what Madrid disintegrate into every season that they don't win something. And if Robben leaves, Bayern'll have that same team spirit (apparently players dislike him because he spends too much time with his family!?) which will make them much easier to manage.

And on the final, yeah BVB were pretty unlucky. And If Götze wasn't injured, that extra bit of creativity would've dragged the game into extra time at least. I gotta be honest I was really hoping Bayern would be the new Benfica (choking in finals). Good to see Ilkay Gundogan getting a goal - I wonder how much of that was due to Lewandowski being bothered about missing and how much of him being worried about equalising against his alleged future team-mates? Absolutely gutted that my bets didn't come off too :P Had BVB 2-1 Bayern, and Müller (nearly always scores), Reus and Lewandowski to score.

In more recent news though, Crystal Palace are back up! Kevin Phillips, what a legend. Wilfried Zaha apparently got MOM, which is good news for United as Young never looked like our quality and Nani'll probably never hit his true potential until he leaves, sadly. Although then again, looking at moments like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5gDJfFvObg and maybe it'd be a good thing, especially if Ronaldo ever does want to come back (not due to that goal, but apparently they really don't get on?).

Also, you heard it here first - United will win the Champions League in the next two seasons

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Don't really like Palace, have been to Selhurst Park twice, it sucks. Glad to see their manager on MOTD though, he's always entertaining anyway.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Haha, if that comes off I'm putting £3 on Stoke to go down this season :P

Years
Ah now we look forward to the transfer window, good times.

I feel like Stoke will go down, but a lot of the teams seem quite weak. Cardiff might actually have a very fun time and finish 10th/11th.

I like the theme, -Lapras-. :P

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Next season seems pretty tough to call. Anything can happen in that big group outside the top 6 or 7. Relegation could be any 3 of them tbh. Top 3 will be the money sides as always, then Arsenal in 4th with Pool and Spurs challenging for 5th. Personally I think Everton will get drawn back into the other group next season.

It obviously depends on the transfers this summer but I can't see any of those other 13 sides making a break for Europe.

Might be my bias but I do think Norwich will go into next season with one of the most improved sides. van Wolfswinky and a couple more decent signings should see us over the line a lot more safely this season just gone.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Eugh, my off season withdrawal has kicked in a few weeks early this year. I say this whilst watching Djurgardens vs Kalmar.

Years
I don't mind it being off season as long as there's some juicy transfer news.

There isn't at the moment, but I imagine there'll be a lot of transfers announced tomorrow. Including at least one Middlesbrough signing.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Not one piece of interesting transfer gossip down here yet either. I shouldn't really be complaining considering we've already got in 2 quality players but I am anyway.

Back