The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 31st, 2013, 10:15 AM
TehEpicViper
Unhatched Egg

:O You made Growlithe a starter?I LOVE YOU!!!

Supporting Pokemon Litharreon since ummm...Today!:D

Oh Raven!I'm about to start a Litharreon LP in a couple of days! My YT is TehEpicViper!

Last edited by Maruno; May 31st, 2013 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Removed some of the more spammy content.
Old May 31st, 2013, 11:49 AM
openkaart
Chilling like snorlax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
Well sir, this is not a hack; it is a fan-made game which runs by itself, and does not need a third party program in order to be played, ie, it runs on its own

Thank you for your compliments, I dont particularly like fakemon either, but a lot of them are very interesting if you look hard enough
thats to bad though, I don't have alot of time to play behind the pc. so can only use handheld gaming devices, like my phone or nintendo ds.

hopefully there will be another version of this for gameboid, but I think that would be wishfull thinking.

Old May 31st, 2013, 06:13 PM
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by openkaart View Post
thats to bad though, I don't have alot of time to play behind the pc. so can only use handheld gaming devices, like my phone or nintendo ds.

hopefully there will be another version of this for gameboid, but I think that would be wishfull thinking.
who know's right? haha, good luck on your gaming journey

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Old May 31st, 2013, 09:35 PM
J-Grizz
Growlithe is #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehEpicViper View Post

Oh Raven!I'm about to start a Litharreon LP in a couple of days! My YT is TehEpicViper!

Hahah my sentiments exactly lol Growlithe is number one in my book lol (obvious) but i would love to catch your lets play when you start making the videos ...... if you happen to remember it would be awesome if you could pm me when the first one is up!!!!

But bottom line is SR has an excellent fangame here!!! with an original plot!!!!!!

Old May 31st, 2013, 10:30 PM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Grizz View Post
Hahah my sentiments exactly lol Growlithe is number one in my book lol (obvious) but i would love to catch your lets play when you start making the videos ...... if you happen to remember it would be awesome if you could pm me when the first one is up!!!!

But bottom line is SR has an excellent fangame here!!! with an original plot!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehEpicViper View Post

@ TEV
sorry i missed your post
thank you for your interest, but I would like to request you hold off on a LP until I get the next release out, since you're going to be wating I'll have an extra incentive to get it out fast, it's just there are a few errors I have found and would rather have people see a bug-free, and more enjoyable game, rather than an old "work in progress" kind of thing
@ both
Thank you very much, you're too kind ^ ^
I'm glad you both enjoy the game, It makes me feel like my development makes some sort of difference in the world beyond my own~

Old June 1st, 2013, 05:52 AM
Charblade111

Not to be a nitpicker, but I feel like it's kind of disappointing that your new evo's for Growlithe and Fearow are just plainly obvious splices and recolors, more or less. Your Kangaskhan prevo looks great, I would really like to see the new evos be scratches instead of splices.

Anyways, I'm assuming Ho-oh and Lugia got a type change? You've got Ho-oh listed in the Psychic and Lugia listed in the Dark evo on your chart.
Old June 1st, 2013, 07:45 AM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charblade111 View Post
Not to be a nitpicker, but I feel like it's kind of disappointing that your new evo's for Growlithe and Fearow are just plainly obvious splices and recolors, more or less. Your Kangaskhan prevo looks great, I would really like to see the new evos be scratches instead of splices.

Anyways, I'm assuming Ho-oh and Lugia got a type change? You've got Ho-oh listed in the Psychic and Lugia listed in the Dark evo on your chart.
yeah I just needed something for dark and psychic for the growlithe evolution, I want to change it but I'm not sure how they should look, I still have it as a priority, its just been put on the back burner as they say
I have the fakemon at a base right now, but I'll be changing them later as i'm trying to get more of the game finished instead. If you have any ideas for the dark or psychic I'd like to hear it, but again, most of that custom fakemon stuff is still in developmental stage, I just ran out of ideas haha
as for lugia and ho-oh, they have received a type change

Old June 1st, 2013, 08:56 AM
TehEpicViper
Unhatched Egg

Ok,just PM me when the next release is out so I can make an LP.There's a glitch where the game can crash when you run.

Old June 2nd, 2013, 06:19 AM
Saving Raven

Okay, so here's the gist of things, I'm almost done with what I need to map and script for a new release, once I finish it all I'll reboot all the evolutions+stats of every pokemon so that its all fixed (most of the legendaries will be normal catchable pokemon with only a few actually being attributed to an evolution of another pokemon) once thats done (in like a week and a half - 2 weeks) I'll be able to send out a new release

Old June 2nd, 2013, 02:21 PM
TehEpicViper
Unhatched Egg

Then I'll do an LP!I can't wait!

Old June 2nd, 2013, 06:13 PM
J-Grizz
Growlithe is #1

YES CANT WAIT!!!!! lol sounds like you have got some good things to come!!!!

Old June 11th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Saving Raven

so far, everything gameplay-wise is being finished within a few days, and the pokemon evolution mechanics and other-wise should be finished very quickly, so expect a release 6/14 at 6:14PM EST
there ya go, I figured some pople would think "well what time?" well if its coming out on the 14th, i fthink 6:14 is a good choice

Old June 14th, 2013, 10:13 AM
J-Grizz
Growlithe is #1

Quote:
so far, everything gameplay-wise is being finished within a few days, and the pokemon evolution mechanics and other-wise should be finished very quickly, so expect a release 6/14 at 6:14PM EST
there ya go, I figured some pople would think "well what time?" well if its coming out on the 14th, i fthink 6:14 is a good choice
Hahah Awesome haven't been on in a little so its great the day i get on and check is the day you have set for the update lol and love that you gave a time hahaha

Looking forward to playing it there goes my friday night ahhahaha

Old June 14th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Saving Raven

Here it is!
it's in three parts (the BGM folder is split, just merge them into 1 folder, and then put everything in the game folder)

game: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7l...rreon_V3.0.zip
audio(1): http://www.mediafire.com/download/nd...-_audio(1).zip
audio(2): http://www.mediafire.com/download/kb...0_Audio(2).zip

Old June 16th, 2013, 04:51 AM
liuvia
Unhatched Egg

How do i can see IVs and EVs of pokemon?!
I checkes IVs of pokemon which is'nt real!
if u can, add 1 table EVs in Sumary!
Old June 16th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by liuvia View Post
How do i can see IVs and EVs of pokemon?!
I checkes IVs of pokemon which is'nt real!
if u can, add 1 table EVs in Sumary!
i dont even know what those are, how do you check?

Old June 17th, 2013, 10:23 AM
liuvia
Unhatched Egg

im Checked IVs in Serebii.net!
Old June 18th, 2013, 01:01 AM
tImE
It's still me, 44tim44 ;)

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
i dont even know what those are, how do you check?
IV's are "Individual Values". They are stats that a Pokémon recieve randomly when generated.
EV's are "Effort Values". These are stats that your Pokémon earn by battling certain kinds of Pokémon.
Training Pokemon for specific stats, using Effort Values, is called EV-training, and is used when creating competetively viable Pokémon for tournaments and such.

You can read more about this on Bulbapedia or Serebii.
Old June 18th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Charblade111

Love the game so far, my only problem I have is the speed of the EXP bars. Why is it so slow? It takes around 3 seconds to only get halfway, it's really annoying. You planning on fixing it?

I can't double post, so here's basically the glitches I found so far:
Road 3 doesn't seem to have any Pokemon appearing no matter how hard I try.
The Grunt sequence after the first Gym wasn't working properly, after they came towards me it would freeze and nothing would happen. Fixed it by re-extracting the game files.
The gym in Cyan town can teleport you to the next city if you go out the Red Door in the second room, with no way of getting back because the Bidoof tree is still fallen. I intentionally had my Pokemon faint to teleport me back to Cyan.

The first gym is extra hard because there's no where to grind, I just farmed a bunch of coins in Voltorb Flip and bought a Dratini to get by it. I realize I shouldn't spoil the Bulbasaur event, but it doesn't obey you if you haven't beaten the First Gym yet because it's OT isn't you. Please fix this, it was kind of annoying.

Last edited by Charblade111; June 21st, 2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old July 11th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charblade111 View Post
Love the game so far, my only problem I have is the speed of the EXP bars. Why is it so slow? It takes around 3 seconds to only get halfway, it's really annoying. You planning on fixing it?

I can't double post, so here's basically the glitches I found so far:
Road 3 doesn't seem to have any Pokemon appearing no matter how hard I try.
The Grunt sequence after the first Gym wasn't working properly, after they came towards me it would freeze and nothing would happen. Fixed it by re-extracting the game files.
The gym in Cyan town can teleport you to the next city if you go out the Red Door in the second room, with no way of getting back because the Bidoof tree is still fallen. I intentionally had my Pokemon faint to teleport me back to Cyan.

The first gym is extra hard because there's no where to grind, I just farmed a bunch of coins in Voltorb Flip and bought a Dratini to get by it. I realize I shouldn't spoil the Bulbasaur event, but it doesn't obey you if you haven't beaten the First Gym yet because it's OT isn't you. Please fix this, it was kind of annoying.
wow, I'll look into those, it seems like a few minor eventing errors of mine x.x
I tested it but i guess i didnt do that, so thanks for bringing it up; as for the no encounters i think I know the problem and i may or may not have fixed it before i sent the release (i cant remember if i fixed it then sent it out or afterwards but im tempted to say after considering your dilema)
I was gunna make the bulbasaur's trainer trash as a joke, but i see the problem you mentioned so for the sake of players needing a strong pokemon, i'll change it - and add some stronger pokemon to road three

again, thanks for mentioning these problems, and as for the exp thing i'll look into it for sure, but my options are limited as a not even beginner coder
--------------------------------
on to updates, it's been a while, and I've been working on the future (of the game and future tiles )

here is a test map of how the future will look:

I've been tinkering around with thedarkheroalistair+kyledove's, erma96's and light-pa's tiles creating this masterpiece of a tileset - its all been customized and tweeked by me, and I've added some custom stuff into it too, and the PC is heavily edited with a custom door of mine that comfortably fits HG/SS sprites as you see here:

well, let me know what you think (I know there is an opening at the top of the mountain, it is going to be a staircase but I havent finished making stairs like that yet)

Last edited by Saving Raven; July 14th, 2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old July 14th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Saving Raven

As a sort of update to keep you guys informed, I'm taking new screenshots to update the old ones, as I have change several things and they havent been added - I'm also going to try and make everything on the front page all up to date and not old and gross

next on my list is to complete the characters (such as the gym leaders really) in addition to that, I'm thinking of changing the professor
currently the professor is professor Hastings
I was thinking of making a new one instead of using an old one (from a different game/universe)
the name would either be Zelkov(male) or Maple(female)
personally I'm leaning more towards maple, but what do you guys think?
next on the list, I'm updating the detective (incase you havent reached that far i'll fill you in) basically the detective has a mysterious past and is a key role in the story development - I've (even from the beginning) basing him off of looker, but now I'm going even further with it and making him actually be looker, and explain his past more, as well as fitting in the allusion that he is like the tenth doctor from doctor who (as I'm sure you're all aware of this theory)
I'm thinking of whether or not he should remain agathis, and basically say thats his real name since looker is a codename that he mentions, or if he should just remain looker
finally I'm going to (once again) redo the intro, hopefully with the new professor and make it a little interesting for you guys

any and all ideas are welcome if you feel the need to mention them, I'll gladly take them all into consideration
(as for Charblade111, I have worked on everything you said and everything should be working correctly now, I've implemented the encounters on road 3, and made bulbasaur join your party as your opokemon, and not owned by trash, but still keeping it's hidden ability)

Old July 14th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Whitney's Shaymin
Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I say maple since it would actually go with the pattern from the real games. Good luck.

"The Incredibly Pretty Girl"

Gym Leader Whitney
link | link | link

FC: 4699-7156-4669 IGN: Gavin
Old July 14th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemoner2500 View Post
I say maple since it would actually go with the pattern from the real games. Good luck.
irrelevant, as both names are chosen since they are both trees
other suggestions were palm, or bonsai, but I kinda like maple more - but in defense of all the names, they are all types of trees (zelkov sounds more interesting though, and someone mentioned it would give him a russian aspect that may make him more notable than most other professors)

Old July 18th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Saving Raven

Hey guys, I spent a while updating everything on the front page (I just saw how old the shots were x.x)
and I've added the gym leaders (I hadn't that that before because they weren't all done) I'm still working on a few things but that's it for now - also, If anyone wants to fill the position of Fairy type, or suggest a name for the ground type leader, feel free to give me suggestions

Now, I'm off to create professor maple

Old July 24th, 2013, 07:31 AM
wdf2

Just started playing your game and I like it so far just a few things I want to point out. I dont know if anyone has mentioned this either so sorry if they have

I'm playing the 3.0 version

Beat the first gym leader and went into the second area was told that he wasn't in and to come back later so I decided to use the second blue door (the one in his area) instead of walking all the way back out and was put out in the second city the map said i was still in the first city.
Spoiler:
so i was catching baby pokemon at the addoption center before i had the first battle with the enemy group

also i had a full team before i even stepped foot in to the gym maybe putting the game center in the first town wasn't a great idea.

and lastly while grinding on route 1 i noticed that if i approach the "cliffs" that go up and down i can jump up the cliff if i'm on the side with grass and can't jump off into the grass.

p.s.
Spoiler:
i really like the secret in your friend's place.

Another thing I have noticed is that the abra i got from the game center will only teleport me to my house.

Last edited by wdf2; July 24th, 2013 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links