• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hordes!

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
  • WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW!?
    9N8uRIb.png

LYCA Y U DO DIS T_T

I hope we can run from these, especially on the account of a possible Zubat horde.

Now, a horde of Audinos, on the other hand...

Years
  • It would be nice if you could send in an extra Pokemon if you encounter a horde. I mean, if you encounter a double battle in the wild you send out a second Pokemon so it only makes sense that if you encounter more than two Pokemon you'd at least be able to send out a second one.

Years
  • The thought is great. An easy way to level up your pokemon! I can't wait to see it in action

Years
  • I like this new feature. At least the idea of it. Not sure how much we will like it in caves with Zubats and Geodudes xD But I think its really creative. The shiny chances are also most likely boosted because of this, so thats pretty sweet also.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • I think that most of the horde would have lower levels then whats common for the area.

Say levels... 10-12 are common. 4 of the horde would be level 8-10.

The leader of the horde would be of a higher then average level, say 12-14.

Just a guess, going by how packs of animals are generally led by the strongest.

Edit - Now that I think about it, do all of the pokemon in the horde have to be (semi)related? The picture shows Tauro's and a Miltank, pokemon that most people would consider similar. Do we know if its limited to the same or similar pokemon, or could a horde be make up of whatever pokemon is in that area?

I'm willing to bet that the encounter rates for horde would be variable - Depending on the area a horde would be more or less frequent. For more common, I'd say forests (BUGS!) and dark caves would be places where you'd commonly find a horde. Not sure on places where hordes are less common, but I'd say sutfing and flashed caves.

I wasn't that intrested in this gen but the horde's have just gotten my attention.

Last edited:

bashau

Distinct Phantom
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2022
    i love it, i think that'd it be much easier to gain exp. that way

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I think that most of the horde would have lower levels then whats common for the area.

Say levels... 10-12 are common. 4 of the horde would be level 8-10.

The leader of the horde would be of a higher then average level, say 12-14.

Just a guess, going by how packs of animals are generally led by the strongest.

Edit - Now that I think about it, do all of the pokemon in the horde have to be (semi)related? The picture shows Tauro's and a Miltank, pokemon that most people would consider similar. Do we know if its limited to the same or similar pokemon, or could a horde be make up of whatever pokemon is in that area?

I'm willing to bet that the encounter rates for horde would be variable - Depending on the area a horde would be more or less frequent. For more common, I'd say forests (BUGS!) and dark caves would be places where you'd commonly find a horde. Not sure on places where hordes are less common, but I'd say sutfing and flashed caves.

I wasn't that intrested in this gen but the horde's have just gotten my attention.

I think there was a comment, either on one of the sites, serebii, bulbapedia, or Pokebeach, that listed Tauros, Miltank and Houndour saying Wild horde of Pokemon appeared. It may not have been an actual version, but I dunno. Doesn't seem like something that would be limited to just the same Pokemon.

According to something said during the conference, it seems like you may be locked from catching any Pokemon from a Horde battle. Ihonestly can't recall where I saw the comment ugh.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I beleive they said that the hoard were made to prevent us from catching strong Pokémon that'll allow us to sweep the game...wonder if that'll mean Pokemon that give us a type advantage against a local gym leader may be more likely to appear in hoards...so if we want to catch one we need to knock out four of the five much like how in double wilds in DPP (when paired) and in Gen 5, or at least that's how I read it.

ShadowMirror

Ready for the Battle
    Years
  • i actually think the only problem with hordes is shiny pokemon, we already cant catch a pokemon if two pokemon aare still in battle, imagine having to beat four just before you can catch your shiny. Imagine if they add a feature that lets you throw multiple balls at once.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I assume hordes would be like Double Grass. The idea of favoring Caves, Surfing.

I think Hoards might be used as Boss Battles. They can put strong pokemon in the hoard that we can not catch yet. Either we are not allowed, or we have to not attack the strongest monster while we pick off the others.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like this addition of Pokémon hordes. They may be a good source of EXP, especially when Audino, Happiny and/or Chansey are involved.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Something tells me that the horde battles were inspired by the Spearow flock from the first episode of the anime. I even seen a few people dreading about the idea of facing 5 Zubats in a cave. XD

However, this can potentially be a game breaker if it involves facing 5 Audino.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
  • Audino horde.....oh wow, I love it!! IMAGINE THE CARNAGE! Can you say "Wholesale Slaughter"? Bits of pink and red everywhere...all for the sake of rapid growth...heck yeah!

Whaaat? A boy can dream.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • A Horde of Audino would just use Heal Beam on themselves until you die.

Knowing Audino, it would just use Heal Beam on YOU until THEY die.

---
    Honestly, I think Horde battles will be Boss Battles. When Pokemon wants you to fight a cool monster, Like Tyranitar, but doesn't want you to capture it, it will be in a horde. That way wild Boss Monster could be a real thing.

Imagine a town where kids are being abducted. You discover a wild level 50 Hypno is the criminal. Hyno has 4 buddies that fight with him, the Drowsy Gang. Nintendo doesn't want you to catch the career-criminal-Hypno, You must deliver JUSTICE!

(omg. just thought of a terrible joke. "What is a Dragon's Greatest Weakness? ...Just-Ice. Justice....) terrible.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • A Horde of Audino would just use Heal Beam on themselves until you die.

Knowing Audino, it would just use Heal Beam on YOU until THEY die.

---
    Honestly, I think Horde battles will be Boss Battles. When Pokemon wants you to fight a cool monster, Like Tyranitar, but doesn't want you to capture it, it will be in a horde. That way wild Boss Monster could be a real thing.

Imagine a town where kids are being abducted. You discover a wild level 50 Hypno is the criminal. Hyno has 4 buddies that fight with him, the Drowsy Gang. Nintendo doesn't want you to catch the career-criminal-Hypno, You must deliver JUSTICE!

(omg. just thought of a terrible joke. "What is a Dragon's Greatest Weakness? ...Just-Ice. Justice....) terrible.

They won't be boss battles, it was confirmed during the roundtable and on the official site that they're Wild Battles, rare ones, much like wild double battles in B/W/B2/W2.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
  • But I love the Chansey line....I couldn't hurt a whole group of them! I think I'm gonna be sick....

Imagine a Ditto Horde.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • And to think I thought of this in 2007.

Makes me proud of myself.

…oh yeah. the question.

I love it :) I guess it would be kinda weird working out the differences but once that's finished it'll be so much fun!

Back