• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Years
I will investigate this a bit. I don't see where the source is getting this is from Hiro, the pokebeach leaker. What do you guys think?

Big batch of Pokemon X and Y rumors

Coming from one of the sources Hirobyte (the guy who first leaked "Fairy" type) leaked to. Take these Pokemon X and Y rumors with a grain of salt, of course.

The game will contain 124 new Pokemon.
There will be 45 addtional Mega Evolutions.
Mega Evolutions will not occupy a spot in the Pokedex.
Kalos will have more legendaries than any other region.
Mewtwo will have another form other than his Mega Evolution.
There will be compatibility with old games, but not in the same way you're used to.
Like Gold/Silver, there will be plenty to do post Elite Four.
Yvetal represents death, so will likely be censored for western markets.
Mega Stones will be distributed via DLC.
We will see a return to HOENN very soon.

124 pokemon sounds perfect.
45 new Megas is ALOT!
Mewtwo other form has been speculated heavily
Hmmm, the compatibility part is mystery...cannot really comment.
A+ on the post Elite Four Comment! (This isn't hoenn reference?)
Censored? How? Like Lenora, "the Natural Born Mama" in Japan, but modified to "An Archaeologist With Backbone" to avoid racial backlash.
Again, Kalos to Hoenn as Johto to Kanto??? Or is this a remake reference?
I am only not diggin the large quantity of legendaries :/

I am hoping this is true. But, there isn't really enough, if any, proof. Most of the info has been speculated quite a bit, that is where the info may be coming from.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
The game will contain 124 new Pokemon.
There will be 45 Mega Evolutions.
Mega Evolutions will not occupy a spot in the Pokedex.
Kalos will have more legendaries than any other region.
Mewtwo will have another form other than his Mega Evolution.
There will be compatibility with old games, but not in the same way you're used to.
Like Gold/Silver, there will be plenty to do post Elite Four.
Yvetal represents death, so will likely be censored for western markets.
Mega Stones will be distributed via DLC.
We will see a return to HOENN very soon.

We will see a return to HOENN very soon. - Oh.. my.. god. I want this to be true! If it's a remake then brilliant! but if its just visited after Kalos then not so much.

There's a few that I'd like to be true there and then there are some that just don't seem plausible, for instance 124 new Pokémon is very believable but then I highly doubt there will be 45 Mega Evolutions, I'm expecting 20 maximum. Secondly, Kalos having the most legendaries to date?

As I said in an earlier post I really can't see them having a high amount of legendaries introduced this generation, it's just too much now. Those rumours sound awesome sure but I'd be very skeptical about them for the time being.

Years
I'd be happy enough if Mew were to get re-typed to Magic/Fairy without a form. That would be a huge improvement from it's current standing, anyway. .__.; But I do agree that a megaevo would definitely help poor Mew.

Mewtwo is Mew's clone, so if Mew is psychic/fairy, Mewtwo (or at least Mega Mewtwo) must be psychic/fairy
I think that normal Mew is psychic, so Mega Mew will be pschic/fairy

Hopwfully Mega Mew WON'T BE MEGA MEWTOO 2.0 !!!
mega_mew_by_goldenmew-d6i9wdk.png

Years
Maybe that source is simply a rumor mill:

Evolutions, by region.

Kanto: Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Gengar, Pinsir, Jynx, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Mewtwo.
Johto: Meganium, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Houndoom, Heracross, Tyranitar, Celebi.
Hoenn: Sceptile, Swampert, Medicham, Banette, Aggron, Latios, Latias, Deoxys.
Sinnoh: Torterra, Infernape, Empoleon, Roserade, Garchomp, Abomasnow, Porygon Z.
Unova: Serperior, Emboar, Samurott, Carracosta, Archeops, Galvantula, Zoroark.
Kalos: The evolutions of the starters + 7 more new Pokemon.

It also states that Hiro updated this information to the supposed leak. The starters makes sense...I mean I REALLY dislike the idea of placing Blaziken on a pedestal and snubbing the others. So, again, I HOPE this is true, but I am not really confident that this is valid or from Hiro.

I want Jynx, Meganium, Houndoom, Medicham, Banette, Torterra, Roserade, Garchomp, Serperior, and Samurott. Please some how be true, damn am I being naive! Let me dig up some info to see the status of these rumor and if Hiro is the actual source.

blue

gucci
Years
Maybe that source is simply a rumor mill:

It also states that Hiro updated this information to the supposed leak. The starters makes sense...I mean I REALLY dislike the idea of placing Blaziken on a pedestal and snubbing the others. So, again, I HOPE this is true, but I am not really confident that this is valid or from Hiro.

I want Jynx, Meganium, Houndoom, Medicham, Banette, Torterra, Roserade, Garchomp, Serperior, and Samurott. Please some how be true, damn am I being naive!

Where are you getting these rumors from? Oh and that list seems pretty decent to me!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Hoenn soon? Um...no. Two years too early for any sort of info like this. Just because of this, the info is pretty much fake.

Main site already said that the Mega Stones are available IN GAME with exception to Blazikenite only so far. So their info conflicts with the official source. Making this fairly fake.

Mewtwo having another form is highly doubtful. It WOULD have been shown already. Same with the other Eevee Evolution which I'm noticing has stopped appearing. They would NOT give more emphasis on one version over the other. All of the alternate forms have been shown in the same Movie when they were shown. Mewtwo's movie passed showcasing the Mega Evolution. If it had another it would have been done then and there.

The new info directly conflicts with official sources so its pretty much fake.

Years
Latios and Latias are getting Mega Evolutions ???? Hell yeahhhhhh
Deoxys is getting Mega Evolution ???? Hell yeahhh (Normal form, attack form, defend form, speed form.... And now Mega form!!!)

Years
Hoenn soon? Um...no. Two years too early for any sort of info like this. Just because of this, the info is pretty much fake.

Main site already said that the Mega Stones are available IN GAME with exception to Blazikenite only so far. So their info conflicts with the official source. Making this fairly fake.

Mewtwo having another form is highly doubtful. It WOULD have been shown already. Same with the other Eevee Evolution which I'm noticing has stopped appearing. They would NOT give more emphasis on one version over the other. All of the alternate forms have been shown in the same Movie when they were shown. Mewtwo's movie passed showcasing the Mega Evolution. If it had another it would have been done then and there.

The new info directly conflicts with official sources so its pretty much fake.

To be fair to these, as most rumors, that are likely not true...

Mega stones could be disperse/found in several different ways. The site doesn't say that they are ONLY found in-game, with the exception of Blaziken.
"Some of the many Mega Stones seem to be hidden in secret places in the Kalos region." - Nintendo

We cannot say the other Mewtwo Form MUST have been shown already. Though your reasoning does lend some support to that point.

Lastly, we don't know what the allusion to Hoenn could mean. 'Soon' might mean, announced to release in over a year. Or it could tie into the XY game, but less signifcantly. We cannot say for sure this is false or true.

How does it conflict with official sources?

Anyway, the concerns are legitimate, and I am still working on the sources origins from the several articles.

Last edited:
Years
To be fair to these, as most rumors, that are likely not true...

Mega stones could be disperse/found in several different ways. The site doesn't say that they are ONLY found in-game, with the exception of Blaziken.

We cannot say the other Mewtwo Form MUST have been shown already. Though your reasoning does lend some support to that point.

How does it conflict with official sources?

True. I think that Mewtwo could have another form, because the movie could be just for promoting Mega Evolution.
I think that there is a chance that Sylveon is the only Eeveelution in gen 6
BUT WHO KNOWS?????

P/s: I THINK THAT Hiro could be just a guy that works for gamefreak and was hired by gamefreak to leak the informations.!!!!!!
Every thing is possible

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2013
/unlurk
I just want to make a post saying that since mega evolution is a new form that requires a special item, I really don't see pokemon such as Lati@s (Who already get soul dew) and Deoxys (who already gets a lot of forms) and maybe split evolutions (A little bit of a stretch though) getting mega evolutions. Such pokemon, in no particular order, include:
Pokemon with specific in-battle items - Pikachu (Though Raichu could qualify since it can't use light ball), Marowak (Thick Club), Arceus (Doubles for using forms), Palkia, Dialga, Giratina (Lustrous, Adamant and Griseous Orbs respectively), Genesect (The drives), Clamperl (Though that isn't fully evolved anyway and doubles as a split evolution), Ditto (It gets Imposter anyway so it would transform too fast to mega evolve) and Lati@s as mentioned.
Form changers: Unown and Castform (Lumping these together because they wouldn't be that great anyway), Deoxys (As mentioned), Burmy (Split evolution and not fully evolved), Cherrim (How would mega evolving AND changing in sun work?), Gastrodon and Basculin (Could still work because the difference is permanent), Rotom (Seriously, how would this work as a mega evolution, especially considering the differing types?), Giratina and Arceus (Doubling as having unique in-battle items), Shaymin (Again, would be somewhat confusing), Darmanitan (Zen mode, it's a shame because I probably would like to see standard mode getting a meg evolution :| ), Sawsbuck (Although the mega evolution could also change season), the Kami trio (Now THAT would be a bit crazy), Kyurem (Of course Full Kyurem is still possible), Keldeo and Meloetta.
Split Evolutions (I won't be mad if they make any of the fully evolved pokemon in these families work, though): Gloom, Poliwhirl, Slowpoke, Eevee, Tyrogue, Wurmple, Ralts, Nincada (Wierd because it essentially becomes 2 pokemon), Snorunt, Clamperl (Doubles as unique item user) and Burmy (Doubles as form changer).
Wow, that was quite a list. I might have even missed a detail or 2. I'm just bringing it up in this thread because it might help disprove some rumours. Of course, Game Freak could still do anything... Who knows, Arceus could get a mega plate and soul dew was a mega stone all along? Anyway, back to lurking.

Years
^ ^ But the issue is, confirming this is Hiro. We don't know if is coming from him or if someone is using his likeness in order to spread a false rumor. erg, I am not finding much so far.

Oh, I just realize..."most included legendaries", rather than "new legendaries". I guess including some other past legendaries, such as Mewtwo would be nice. Especially if we see a Rayquaza 'Z'. It almost perfectly completes the trio except for not being white. (Not meant to sound racist :p ) Just so long as new legendary lines are reduced! That would be a plus to this rumor if validated.

EDIT:

(Original Source) https://www.facebook.com/Pokemaniacos.Wifi.Club?ref=stream&hc_location=stream

This site has a history of making factual claims by Hiro regarding the Fairy typings of Xerneas and Slyveon, they were the first to report this, at the time the information origin was also quite a mystery, but the information turned out true much later on for Xerneas. There is skepticism if the group is getting the information from Hiro or not, even the factual information. Though, these rumors are holding a bit more weight. But the info is fairly limited.

- http://www.gamespot.com/pokemon-x/f...-discussion-speculation-coming-from-66021254/
Let me search for some more info on this site, rumors, leaks, and affiliation with Hiro.

Posted prior to the pokebeach leak:
I just read this on Facebook: In the of: Pokemaniacos WI_FI Club And Reparticion Event I this was posted on / vp / I can confirm That this month's CoroCoro has a feature on the long-rumored Fairy-type, although the Japanese name of the Type is "Yosei", so I am uncertain if Hiro This Means That was Necessarily correct. Sylveon Yosei is a pure-Type Pokemon, and is Known as the maryoku Pokemon, "Magical Charm". The attack shown in the trailers for the Mini-Movie is called Mirakuru Hou, "Miracle Cannon", and is said to heal the opposing Pokemon, yet you reduce Greatly Their Attack and Special Attack. Clefairy, Togepi, Jigglypuff, Audino, Chansey, Skitty , and Dunsparce are shown With Their "Normal" Type changed to Yosei Type. The magazine mentions That a recent event in the Pokemon World has awakened a long-ago sealed power, explaining the Type Change. More Pokemon are said to awaken to this power, hinting at additional Type changes. A Type Chart is shown displaying how Yosei Matches Up - Yosei is immune to Dark and Dragon - Yosei is weak to Psychic, Poison, Bug, and Ghost - Yosei Resist Fire, Water, Ground, and Flying. - No Type is weak to Yosei. - Fire, Water, Ground, and Flying resist Yosei. - No Type is not immune to Yosei.

This is about all I have. It's a bit frustrating going through Spanish text, even if translated, and relying upon forums for available information in order to verify the groups credibility.

You all can have fun looking though all of this convoluted stuff. :p

Last edited:

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
You guys are forgetting that this is a rumor thread... I have come to this thread several times looking for rumors when I see a new post but you guys are just talking about what you want to see in the game. Could the name please be changed or the conversation moved back to rumors?

I think its need to be a rumers and speculation thread, alot of people want to express their ideas but not always find the right thread for it.

We could always bring the X/Y General Chat and Speculation Thread back to life by merging this thread with it and creating a new X/Y Rumors Summary Thread.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
^ ^ But the issue is, confirming this is Hiro. We don't know if is coming from him or if someone is using his likeness in order to spread a false rumor. erg, I am not finding much so far.

Oh, I just realize..."most included legendaries", rather than "new legendaries". I guess including some other past legendaries, such as Mewtwo would be nice. Especially if we see a Rayquaza 'Z'. It almost perfectly completes the trio except for not being white. (Not meant to sound racist :p ) Just so long as new legendary lines are reduced! That would be a plus to this rumor if validated.

EDIT:

(Original Source) https://www.facebook.com/Pokemaniacos.Wifi.Club?ref=stream&hc_location=stream

This site has a history of making factual claims by Hiro regarding the Fairy typings of Xerneas and Slyveon, they were the first to report this, at the time the information origin was also quite a mystery, but the information turned out true much later on for Xerneas. There is skepticism if the group is getting the information from Hiro or not, even the factual information. Though, these rumors are holding a bit more weight. But the info is fairly limited.

- http://www.gamespot.com/pokemon-x/f...-discussion-speculation-coming-from-66021254/
Let me search for some more info on this site, rumors, leaks, and affiliation with Hiro.

Posted prior to the pokebeach leak:

This is about all I have. It's a bit frustrating going through Spanish text, even if translated, and relying upon forums for available information in order to verify the groups credibility.

You all can have fun looking though all of this convoluted stuff. :p
I scolled down in that Pokemanics link and according to the guy he says that they're going to be a total of 773 Pokemon (that's national dex of course). 124 new ones. And in another post he says that there's going to be pre evolutions and evolution (non Mega) for past pokemon too, as well as saying that the Three starters and seven other Kalos Pokemon will be getting Mega evolutions.
He also mentions that mega Stones can be obtained by DLC.
More stuff:

* Mewtwo will have another forme apart from it's Mega evolution.
*There's 45 Mega Evolutions (that sounds like a good number to me)
According his this is the "supposed list" (he actually uses the word supposed) of other megaevolutions apart from Scizor and the ones we've seen already in Corocoro( and Kangaskhan)
Kanto---Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Gengar, Pinsir, Jynx, Gyarados, Aerodactyl.

Johto---Meganium, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Houndoom, Heracross, Tyranitar, Celebi....

Hoenn---Sceptile, Swampert, Medicham, Banette, Aggron, Latios, Latias, Deoxys.

Sinnoh---Torterra, Infernape, Empoleon, Roserade, Garchomp, Abomasnow, Porygon Z.

Unova---Serperior, Emboar, Samurott, Carracosta, Archeops, Galvantula, Zoroark.

(suspiciously for the Kalos pokemon he only names the evolution of Chespin which is the name we've heard in the past rumor with the digging bunny which came true but yet he doesn't name the other starters' evolutions, nor the other seven Kalos Pokemon).

*There's going to be a way to bring pokemon over just not in the way we're accustomed to.
*Not all of the Kalos region has been shown, with there being more post game stuff than Gold and Silver had.
*Since Yvetal is associated with Death part of it's story (I'm guessing he means it's plot and story as he just says "it" and I don't think he means it's apperance xD) will be censored.

He also mentions in the same post he talks about the 124 this "Si habrá un regreso a Hoenn próximamente." Which translates to There is going to be a return to Heonn next if directed directly or There's going to be a future return to Hoenn in a none direct traslation. (I'm native spanish speaker so I'm pretty sure this is right xD).

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
He also mentions in the same post he talks about the 124 this "Si habrá un regreso a Hoenn próximamente." Which translates to There is going to be a return to Heonn next if directed directly or There's going to be a future return to Hoenn in a none direct traslation. (I'm native spanish speaker so I'm pretty sure this is right xD).

Does this mean in X and Y or a future game? As much as I'd like this to be true I just don't think these rumors are reliable enough right now.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Does this mean in X and Y or a future game? As much as I'd like this to be true I just don't think these rumors are reliable enough right now.

I don't find them reliable either. Also to answer your question the way he phased it sound like another game as he just says 'next', rather than 'in game' or 'following the Kalos region you travel to Hoenn'. However he doesn't use any word that means soon...just next...so if he's referring to remakes it doesn't mean they're coming out next year (btw @ Xander while I don't beleive these are true either, the two year gap usually applies to the time between the pair and the third game/sequels as seen in Gen 3 with RS 2003,FrLg 2004, E 2005. So it could be in the same order used by Gen III rather than Gen IV. Again I think they're false but at least they gives us something to talk about xD).

Name

Moémon Master
Years
any ideas what the new total number of pokemon is gonna be?
I hope they go for broke and hit 1k

blue

gucci
Years
any ideas what the new total number of pokemon is gonna be?
I hope they go for broke and hit 1k

I can almost guarentee it won't be 1,000 or anywhere close to that figure, that would mean introducing atleast 351 new Pokémon. There was a rumor about there being 124 new Pokémon which seems pretty reasonable, although I have a feeling we will have a lower figure this generation so anywhere between 80 - 108 is my estimate.

Name

Moémon Master
Years
New generation, new system: I betcha they'll have around 150 NEW wild 'mon.
Plus mega evolutions I think I read around 80...(will this count as new 'mon? ie will they get a pokedex entry?)
Plus pre-evo/new evos probably around 50
that makes a total of 280 new 'mon.

All this is purely conjecture though, and I have no basis for any of this . . .

Years
New generation, new system: I betcha they'll have around 150 NEW wild 'mon.
Plus mega evolutions I think I read around 80...(will this count as new 'mon? ie will they get a pokedex entry?)
Plus pre-evo/new evos probably around 50
that makes a total of 280 new 'mon.

All this is purely conjecture though, and I have no basis for any of this . . .

200 new pokemon is way too many. Given the game features so many pokemon from other generations and BW was a series "re-boot" with the most pokemon introduced in a generation (156), it's highly unlikely that GF will re-re-boot with twice as many pokemon introduced in G/S.

Introducing this many new pokemon along with 80 Mega evolutions would be recipe for disaster.

Back