• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
Is it seriously that hard to search this thread for your answer...?
Not to mention it's on previous page...

yeah but that link to the 4.0 only leads to an ips file and from what i heard you have to download the fire red game to use that ips file. and i think that is ilegall. So when i downloaded the 4.2 version on mediafire i did not need to dowload the fire red game so can you help me or not

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2018
yeah but that link to the 4.0 only leads to an ips file and from what i heard you have to download the fire red game to use that ips file. and i think that is ilegall. So when i downloaded the 4.2 version on mediafire i did not need to dowload the fire red game so can you help me or not

my friend you are not gonna get arrested or get a jail sentence for patching a ROM, i can assure you that lol. its very simple to do.
-Simply download lunar IPS (virus free)
-Download pokemon fire red rom from coolroms.com
-Download visual boy
-Download Ashgray in the first page of the thread
-Click lunar IPS program, apply the patch and thats it.
P.S the walk through walls action replay does work. just walk through the palm trees. DO NOT WALK THROUGH THE BUILDING WHERE THE OLD LADY IS BLOCKING THE WAY!. dont forget to turn the action replay off so it doesnt stuff anything up. also cheats arent fair in the game anyway but i made an exception to this particular circumstance

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2018
I did swim in mistys gym and now i cant get up

Stay away from the centre swimming pool in the gym. Once you are in you never get out.

By the way make multiple saves through out the game. save every 2 minutes to be sure you dont miss out on anything or do silly things like save in a pool when you are stuck lol. just a hassle starting from scratch again...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013
If My Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle will evolves could it make a bug in game?
Charrizard will obey me until end game?
If Charmander don't evolves will it make a bug?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
my friend you are not gonna get arrested or get a jail sentence for patching a ROM, i can assure you that lol. its very simple to do.
-Download visual boy
P.S the walk through walls action replay does work. just walk through the palm trees. DO NOT WALK THROUGH THE BUILDING WHERE THE OLD LADY IS BLOCKING THE WAY!. dont forget to turn the action replay off so it doesnt stuff anything up. also cheats arent fair in the game anyway but i made an exception to this particular circumstance

What codes do you use to go trough walls then? I play the game on a mac and i think the cheating codes for the visual game boy on mac is a little ****ed up

Years
-Download visual boy

No ACTUALLY you can get arrested i had a friend in USA who downloaded a Pokemon Crystal rom then the next day F.B.I came in his house and they arrested him i havent heard from him for 5 years now.. :(

Frosty~

Pancakes are a girl's BFF
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2021

You can evolve them at anytime and it won't bug the game, but if I were you I would evolve them according to the anime, but you don't have to. Charizard acts the same as it does in the anime, so he will disobey you at first.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
just one more stupid question form me and then i am done. i downloaded the 4.0 version and i am now at the episode "a day off" or something i heard that was the last episode. so is there nothing to do until the master metapod23 makes the new beta???

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2018
No ACTUALLY you can get arrested i had a friend in USA who downloaded a Pokemon Crystal rom then the next day F.B.I came in his house and they arrested him i havent heard from him for 5 years now.. :(

Is that a chain mail story? There is no way the FBI would waste time on a kid downloading a 2mb game. millions of people download songs, movies, tv shows which are gigabytes upon gigabytes through torrents which is illegal and you are telling me he downloaded a game that i have downloaded 20 times over and everybody else on this thread who have followed the same process to perform the patch has done it. we aint behind bars. Its too hard to police that kind of stuff at this stage. c'mon man lol.

Frosty~

Pancakes are a girl's BFF
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2021
just one more stupid question form me and then i am done. i downloaded the 4.0 version and i am now at the episode "a day off" or something i heard that was the last episode. so is there nothing to do until the master metapod23 makes the new beta???

The last episode according to the first post is A Way Off Day Off, so I guess you could train up your mons until the next beta is released. You could maybe even work on your Pokedex.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 29, 2022
Ok so quick question, does anyone know where to get a fighting Pokemon? I accidentally defeated Primeape when we battled and I can't find a Mankey anywhere, except at the ranch, where you're not allowed to catch Pokemon anyway........I wanna enter the P1 Championship but can't!!!!!!!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Ok so quick question, does anyone know where to get a fighting Pokemon? I accidentally defeated Primeape when we battled and I can't find a Mankey anywhere, except at the ranch, where you're not allowed to catch Pokemon anyway........I wanna enter the P1 Championship but can't!!!!!!!
By ranch... you mean the place with Bulbasaur? Just because sign says it, it doesn't mean you can't xD
But I think Mankeys are also on the route west from Viridian (way to Indigo Plateau).

You might miss some events... so it's best not to evolve them...
As for Charizard, he will start obeying in the future beta in Charizard Chills episode.
If Charmander does not evolve, you will just miss cutscene with Magmar...

1zdy1k.jpg

You could at least say something more valid like... for downloading some DS ROM or something.

Years
@latias: Then you should return to previous save and preferably to previous version and then save inside of building and patch the new one.
Thanks, it worked.
But now I have another problem.
I downloaded the IPS patch from the beginning of this forum and a new Fire red ROM. It says it's truncated and not aligned, but it patched successfully. When I go to load it into VBA, it just gives me the white screen.

Please help.

PS: The reason I said it worked was because the .sav worked with 4.2 which I downloaded from this site called 'pokemon gba' but it freezes the second I just get past the tree area blocking the path.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013

You might miss some events... so it's best not to evolve them...
As for Charizard, he will start obeying in the future beta in Charizard Chills episode.
If Charmander does not evolve, you will just miss cutscene with Magmar...
Could you tell me all events with Squirtle and Bulbasaur, and what they give to me?

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2018

Hey man. i found my mankey back in route 3 :s. you got a long ways back if you want to get one. btw there is a glitch to get togepi since misty steals your first one ;).

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
The last episode according to the first post is A Way Off Day Off, so I guess you could train up your mons until the next beta is released. You could maybe even work on your Pokedex.

little problem with that my pokemons are allready in level 95 all of them and since you are caught on the orangine island until the new beta comes out i cant seem to go home and i do not think that is posssible but does someone know how to get the tropic pass or is that not possible

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
Could you tell me all events with Squirtle and Bulbasaur, and what they give to me?

the squirtel event is that some squirtels and a big blastoise are caught inside a shell. only your squirtle can help them out. You get nothing from this.

The bulbasar event is like a evolving party for bulbasas. When you met the venasaur that is like a king or something he askes if you want to evolve you can answer yes or no. Ash choose no in the anime. after you are evolved or not the king venasaur try to teach your bulbsar solar beam

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 29, 2022
No I'm talking about the Laramie Big P Ranch. Is there a quicker way to get back to Viridian? I don't wanna go ALLLLLLL the way back and find that there aren't any :-/

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013
the squirtel event is that some squirtels and a big blastoise are caught inside a shell. only your squirtle can help them out. You get nothing from this.

The bulbasar event is like a evolving party for bulbasas. When you met the venasaur that is like a king or something he askes if you want to evolve you can answer yes or no. Ash choose no in the anime. after you are evolved or not the king venasaur try to teach your bulbsar solar beam
Only this?

Is there a pokedex of occurrence Pokemon? I want to catch Nidoran♀, Vulpix, Venonat and lot of more.

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Does it matter which snorlax i have to trigger events regarding snorlax? because i caught the one that was blocking the river AND the one on the Orange Island (which is the one ash gets) so i was thinking if it mattered which snorlax i had or as long as i have a snorlax im good? otherwise ill have to train the other one :P
thanks!

Back