• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
  • Speaking of updates, check out the 2DS:
    Spoiler:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/28/nintendo-announces-2ds

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    What the **** at the DKCTF delay? Ugh! Fortunately I'm actually looking forward to Super Mario 3D World otherwise I'd be SUPER pissed right now. The game I'm looking forward to the most this year is gonna be released the week before my exams.

Oh well it should be a great game to play on the holidays. And I have Wonderful 101 to play on the Wii U till November.

Also what's Super Paper Mario World?

EDIT: Dammit I have to wait an extra month to listen to David Wise goodness. ;_;
    EDIT2: Wii Fit U finally getting a release date? Might actually buy it since going to the gym on winter is a PAIN. EDIT3: Aye, never mind, misread. Hope it's on November at least.
    EDIT3:
    Spoiler:

Fitting box art for holiday GOODNESS

Last edited:

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
    Years
  • I suddenly kind of want to buy a Game Boy Micro. A little pricey, but they're interesting and novel and I'm drawn to things like that.

edit: Scratch that, I've just ordered one. So now I'm waiting for the Game Boy Micro that I just bought. (and I'm starting to think that $90 was a bit much for a Game Boy)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I suddenly kind of want to buy a Game Boy Micro. A little pricey, but they're interesting and novel and I'm drawn to things like that.

edit: Scratch that, I've just ordered one. So now I'm waiting for the Game Boy Micro that I just bought. (and I'm starting to think that $90 was a bit much for a Game Boy)

That's not a little pricey, that's extremely pricey. By adding a few extra cash, you could've bought a new 3DS system if you wanted to. Haha. Also, stores like GameStop sell used Game Boy (in good condition) for under $30. If you bought it from them, then you could have saved a lot of money. o:

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Pretty sure GameStop doesn't sell GBA stuff anymore though. You'd have to use eBay or go to an independent store to get it since it's considered retro. GS only sells current-ish stuff - they've even stopped accepting PS2s for trade now. :/

Years
  • Yeah, all I see at my local GameStop is just DS games in the display case.. I can remember a point in time (back when several GameStops were still EB Games here in the US) when those used cartridge cases contained both GB/GBC games and GBA games.

In fact, when I was at my local GameStop last week, I didn't even see an original DS or a DS Lite that was used.. just a DSi and a DSi XL in used condition.

Years
  • Must be pretty lucky then, there's a local CEX store where I live which sells second-hand games but they all work and are in very good condition, and they sell quite a variety of GBA games and for very cheap as well. I always go down there if I don't want to spend too much money or am looking for something nostalgic to play because they do have a lot of classics and oldies. :3

TY

In our gamestores here in the Netherlands we still sell PS2 games, which is kinda neat, and even in some toy stores there are GBA games being sold (thats how i managed to get my FireRed).

Years
  • I don't think the more commonly known game stores will really sell GBA games again, unfortunately. Since buying online has started to become more popular, there wouldn't be much reason to sell them in store anymore unless they sold them very cheaply.

In our gamestores here in the Netherlands
    There's always something about European countries selling older consoles. When we were on our road trip I noticed that they still sell the first Xbox in quite a few countries and I was quite surprised to be honest. However, it was quite sad to see that some countries weren't even selling the latest consoles and the models before the current were quite highly priced.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I really wish we had a good retro game store around here. There are one or two, but they don't have the greatest selection or prices. I'd love to get into retro gaming since I missed so much of what most people consider the golden era of gaming - I'd really like to get a hold of an SNES and start a collection.

Years
  • I'm pretty much in the same situation as you, Geoff. I do have a SNES, however, just no games and no cables. I should really think about buying everything I need for it, but might actually wait until University to do so considering the amount I game at the moment and also my education.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Unfortunately, retro game stores aren't that common in New York... you'd actually have to go to Manhattan in order to find one. ): I was able to visit one of these stores a long time ago, but I didn't buy anything because I didn't have money with me at that time. It was interesting to see all the old consoles, though. Most of them were in great condition, and some were even new and unopened.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • In Ireland, really retro games are available pretty much exclusively online. We have a Cex (?) store recently opened in the city closest to me, which is awesome (yay cheap games!!!!)

The issue with old notalgia-trip games is the price. Crash Bandicoot 1 (for PS1) sells at about €10 disc only, and is pretty difficult to find. Same with the original Spyro game. I had to buy a PS2 with a load of games just to get a hold of Spyro! it cost me about €30 or so but hey, if I get around to it I can sell off some of the games I don't want and keep the surplus to get back the price of it :)

I've never played a SNES though. @Pave Low I hope you manage to get yours up and running!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    All right, I hope this isn't too early to start a new topic, but here it goes! =)

A lot of kids are playing violent video games these days, and their parents are doing nothing about it. How do you all feel about this? Do you think they cause behavior problems to them? Are they more harmful to the minds of young children than violent TV shows and movies? Could they possibly lead them to commit crimes in the future?

Last edited:

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • well i watched on the Katie show apparently a 14 year old was addicted to halo and he killed his parents. he thought that they would just re spawn. he played about like 8 hours a day. i would definitely say it could be related, but i think something else is wrong with him and it was just an excuse.
    i would say playing too many violent video games is bad. i would set a limit on your child's playing time and monitor the rating by their age.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    In Ireland, really retro games are available pretty much exclusively online. We have a Cex (?) store recently opened in the city closest to me, which is awesome (yay cheap games!!!!)
    Where are you in Ireland? Here in Cork pretty much Gamestop is the only game store we have (and SMYTHS to an extent) now that GAME closed down. I pretty much just order online nowadays.

Though I actually got lucky once and ended up finding PS2 games in our local gamestop for cheap (1 euros for all of them except GTA which was 3) and ended up getting Ratchet and Clank, Ultimate Spider-Man and also Tekken 4 for free (buy 2 get 1 free). All in good condition with boxes and manuals.

TY

First place you gotta think what was on their parents' mind when they buy a game like Halo or CoD to their kids. Some kids (and also adults) take games like these way to serious and then this aggressive behaviour can exist from it.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Kids playing M rated game shouldn't be a problem if they're raised properly and know the difference between fantasy and reality.

Hell I played GTA when I was 10...I think? I forgot!

TY

Same here. I was pretty young when i played a violent game, but there are always people who cant cope with the violence in those games and their parents dont seem to see that at all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back