The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Old October 5th, 2013 (04:16 AM).
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
Has there been a moment in any game you've played that made you feel so much. That you had the real-life emotion to do everything in your power to wreak havoc on the antagonist?

For example, say the bad guy killed one of your favorite characters and as the main character you were hell bent on revenge.

For me, when I was playing Fable III and I had to make the choice to have the protesters killed or my young lady friend, by the end of that cutscene I had said to myself. If given an option to spare Logan's life, I would not hesitate to drive my sword into his chest. No mercy.

It's just another thing that games employ to players to make them feel what the main character feels and that's not something every game can convey.

So what do you think. Was there someone in a game that wronged you and you made the decision right there of his or her fate?
Old October 5th, 2013 (04:30 AM).
Spinosaurus

The whole game is about this. Hell it even has it in the title...sorta!

I hated Raiden prior to playing this game (because MGS2 is a ****** game) but man if it didn't feel satisfying taking revenge on everyone.
Old October 5th, 2013 (04:42 AM).
Nauje
A sofa in San Tropez...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Hmm... well, I can't really say I have ever had an overwhelming feeling of wanting someone dead in a video game before, but I did have I guess some satisfaction of doing such thing in Bioshock Infinite. It is a pretty big spoiler however, so don't read if you haven't played yet!

Spoiler:
When you get to drown Comstock. Dunno why, I just hated the guy throughout the whole game so that was satisfying aha
Old October 5th, 2013 (04:50 AM). Edited October 5th, 2013 by KriegStein.
KriegStein
Nuclear Reactor

Nature: Lonely
In persona 4. Theres just so much that happens in it. Basicly there are many people who become essential to you especialy your cousin Nanako. Shes realy young (about 8-11 or something) and heartwarmingly innocent, shes always happy eventhough her mother died and her dad is...well he has some trouble parenting alone. Basicly you become emotionaly attached to this little girl who calls you big bro.. And then all sorts of things happen. Im not gonna spoil Persona 4 because its amazing. You should definetly play it and see it for your self.
EDIT: I forgot the thalmor in skyrim... Ive kept a head count about how many of them and certain imperials ive killed... I just reached the 500 mark... :D Oops.

Old October 5th, 2013 (04:50 AM).
ShadowE
Competitive RTS gamer, also drunk
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Arcturus f'ing Mengsk...

This man caused a lot of trouble in StarCraft 1&2, the most important one being a huge spoiler.

Spoiler:
He abandoned Kerrigan to the Zerg, which resulted into Kerrigan becoming the Queen of Blades

I felt happy when he died, really happy
Old October 5th, 2013 (05:08 AM).
Spinosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KriegStein View Post
In persona 4. Theres just so much that happens in it. Basicly there are many people who become essential to you especialy your cousin Nanako. Shes realy young (about 8-11 or something) and heartwarmingly innocent, shes always happy eventhough her mother died and her dad is...well he has some trouble parenting alone. Basicly you become emotionaly attached to this little girl who calls you big bro.. And then all sorts of things happen. Im not gonna spoil Persona 4 because its amazing. You should definetly play it and see it for your self.
EDIT: I forgot the thalmor in skyrim... Ive kept a head count about how many of them and certain imperials ive killed... I just reached the 500 mark... :D Oops.
I must be the only one who was glad to what happened to her...OK not glad, but I really didn't care. Just another person to the list. I felt more sympathy for the mail man.
Old October 5th, 2013 (07:41 AM).
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinosaurus View Post
I must be the only one who was glad to what happened to her...OK not glad, but I really didn't care. Just another person to the list. I felt more sympathy for the mail man.
Sounds like someone didn't have a great day at their Junes.

My moment was when Gale dies in Rogue Galaxy. It didn't really hit me until Deego's Drigellum scene, but now it makes me kind of sad to think about.
Old October 5th, 2013 (07:47 AM).
Spinosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweets Witch View Post
Sounds like someone didn't have a great day at their Junes.

God damn I hate her and her Junes song so much.

And I have a little sister! Or maybe that's why I hate her...
Old October 5th, 2013 (07:43 PM).
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

I've experienced one of those moments in Assassin's Creed II, when Ezio Auditore's father and brother were executed thanks to the false accusation made by a traitor to their family. They certainly weren't my favorite characters, but the way that Ezio showed his emotions toward them made me feel for him and help him—to the best of my ability—to seek revenge. Other than his mom and sister, these two people were extremely close to Ezio, and they were always there from him when he needed them.

Another sad moment for me was in Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, when Link lost Tetra while they were exploring the Ghost Ship. I was able to help Link rescue her at end of the game, though, which made me fill up with happiness in an instant. :)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links