• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [?ber- May '05] Pokemon Battle Network

What should the battles mostly Be like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kronos

Shooting Star
Years
  • Hello i would like to make a hack, but however my talents are limited to only mapping. If anyone would like to help, they may:

Map Design- Kronos
    Programmer- Needed (must be able to add more maps to the game, and to make more trainers and events.)
    Spriter- Aviex

Spriter2 [for backup just in case] (must be able to change the tilesets appearences, however i already have the sprite for the main male character, just that they must upload it.)
    Text Editeer- *Kronos*
    Title Screen Designer: Needed

The storyline would go something like this:
    "Kyoto is in need of expert pokemon trainers, and you [being a wannaby pokemon trainer] must compete to make it to the elete four [who in this game are the scientists in EXE4 , Dr. Regal, Dr. Hikari and Wily.] Also there is a mysterious organization, NAXA, keeping track of your progres, can you stop the meteor from crashing down and killing everyone? You decide!

Yeah... Sorta EXEish, if nobody wants to help it doesnt matter.
    here is the male hero's sprites:

http://img190.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img190&image=lan3vo.png

Note: yes that is lan hikari from Megaman Battle Network, and if it was possible, Mayl would be the other hero.

Last edited:

kybldmstr

Spriting Foo'
    Years
  • this sounds cool and those sprites are awesome but i think this belongs in hacks showcase.i cant really help you on your hack cuz im caught up in mine so good luck.

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
  • Well you can showcase your hack idea on 'Hack Showcase' and make a team to help you hack it in the General Emulation and Hack help area.
    --Thread Moved--

smithy.boy

Hack and PKMN egg farmer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    megaman....sweeeeeeeeeet. It's gunna rock. You can make the starter pokemon as Megaman, Roll or something like that. And the evolutions could be like better improved ones.

Kronos

Shooting Star
    Years
  • Yes i guess i could do that, but i have one problem... Whenever i use RS Ball, the sprites become weird colors... I have them on a 8 bit palete. What could be wrong?

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Just switch the palletes till you get them right. I am looking forward, too this, can't help though, I don't have alot of time on my hands. If you download Elite Map, it has a tutorial for rubikon which will help alot.

Kronos

Shooting Star
    Years
  • No more text editors needed, i know have a text editor that works :2
    Also here are some screenies [without the sprites, i dont know how to imput them]
    Screen one: Yep, we own the world now! Not pokemon anymore....
    rock10vc.png

We dont like to ride in moving trucks!
    rock28uv.png

Hmmm... NAXA, whats that? [check EXE4 faq boards if u really want to cheat lol]
    rock30zo.png

ACDC Town? I moved to there from there? How?!?!!?
    rock55ij.png

I hope you liked them, i have the female battle sprite done, but it is messed up alot.

Kronos

Shooting Star
    Years
  • Well im not talking about the walk around sprite, im talking about the battle sprite [Mayl from Rockman EXE , my first pixled person]

What i pixled it to be.

[after reducing to 16colors and importing it, what it looked like]

Also when i change the pokemon in Poke_Pic [the small sprites that appear on the select pkmn screen] it always appears as nothing?

Could someone tell me what im doing wrong? [also more screens later ^_^]
    *here are more screens*
    Oh goodie... We killed the WWW. Yay!
    rock118zq.png

The Route leading to the First town, Kentec town
    rock107bv.png

Last edited:

Kronos

Shooting Star
    Years
  • Sry for Double Posting, just that i wanted add another screenie
    ACDC Town - "The town that is not a band, but current."
    acdctown9st.png

As you can see, this town is near the Ocean, unlike Littleroot Town.
    I wanted it to feel more open than Littleroot too.

Once again sry for double posting

O

Your Mom
    Years
  • Just an idea, Megaman could be like an Eevee type, edit the stones and Megaman can change into different souls or a style change. (style change would work better)

Kronos

Shooting Star
    Years
  • Actually
    I was thinking of there bieng several megamans that start off as normal and evolve into normal/ [type n] then finally into [type n].
    Any ways, Yes from my sig, Duo is in the asteroid [Replacing Rayquaza]
    and he will have ............ very high stats.
    anyways here is a screenie.

The Calm during the storm, hmmm.... *Hint Hint*

[Oh and about the [']s dont worry , i think ill make it battle network like by not adding them in. [lol]

Kronos

Shooting Star
    Years
  • Now time for [what happens when u really screw up]
    otherwise known as

*glitched screenies*

Image 1:If you play as the female character, your mom will always walk into the water, leaving a wave in it... strange!

Image 2: Remind you of R/B/Y with the MissingNo? This time the potion lady is evil and will hide on the roof, why? (because she is evil like Dr. Regal in EXE 4 and 5 lol !)

Hope u like [ i cant fix the floating one lol]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back