The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 18th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Houndour2005

Meghan McCarthy ‏@MMeghanMcCarthy 7t

Watching #MLPSeason4 animatic. We almost broke @StTabitha this season, but her vocal chords were just too powerful. :-) #MLPFIM
Old September 22nd, 2013, 01:14 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
Good news, everypony: http://mynintendonews.com/2013/09/22...e-a-pony-game/

Finally we could get a non-mobile Pony game, but the comments from that article, sweet Celestia the comments! The anti-bronies' comments are trying to change my opinion about our fandom.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 03:15 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

I've been seeing a lot more people who hate something be more vocal than those who are fans. Like with your link, a possibility of a MLP: FiM game has a very tiny amount of fans being happy about it, and the majority of comments are people flinging insults and wanting to cause physical harm to said fans.

I, for one, am happy to hear that there might be a possible MLP: FiM video game. It'll be a big hit due to the size of the fanbase and will instantly drive up sales of whatever system it's on. Though I am hoping it's on the 3DS, since I already have one of those.
Old September 25th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Eevee
╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Eevee
May I please sign up?

Username: Shimmer Mint
Your Favorite Pony of the Mane 6: Pinkie Pie
Additional InformationWhy did you choose <pony>? What got you into MLP? etc): I feel that Pinkie Pie is most like me so I tend to like characters I can relate with. Not all of the time but mostly. Now, she's still my favourite because of another reason: she's funny! She's crazy, sweet and generally fun to watch on screen
I got into ponies December 2011 due to them simply being cute. xD Their designs are adorable so I decided to check out the show. Then I got hooked. I was "obsessed" with the show until the beginning of season 3 where I didn't end up liking the direction of where the show was going. The animation was still great and the characters were funny but I guess I was growing out of it. I still like the show but I don't consider myself a brony or a pegasister anymore. Just a regular fan
But I'm looking forward to season 4 and I wonder what it'll bring for us o:

Old September 25th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

I was going to post this yesterday, but time constraint regarding college had me forgot about it: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/0...es-top-60.html

Shall we rejoice?
Old September 28th, 2013, 09:54 PM
chibi_glaceon
Creature Catcher

Send a message via Skype™ to chibi_glaceon
Wow, I haven't been on here for a while. Anyways~ What are your guys' thoughts on the new Season 4 animatics that were release at Comic Con? I, for one, am VERY excited for Season 4! Especially since it's only 2 months away! <3

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 29th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

I'm glad there's going to be 20+ episodes again as oppose to 13, so hopefully there will be more Rarity-centric episodes to make up for the lack of one in season 3.
Old September 29th, 2013, 06:04 PM
chibi_glaceon
Creature Catcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
I'm glad there's going to be 20+ episodes again as oppose to 13, so hopefully there will be more Rarity-centric episodes to make up for the lack of one in season 3.
Oh my goodness, I totally agree! While I'm not the biggest fan of Rarity, I'd like to see more stuff around her. I'm also excited to see what they do with Twilight, her being an Alicorn and all . There's just a lot of potential now! Perhaps there'll be a cool, adventure type episode? Like Dragonshy? I know Lauren left the show a long time ago, but I heard she wanted more adventure-esque eps.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 29th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Eevee
╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Eevee
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibi_glaceon View Post
I know Lauren left the show a long time ago, but I heard she wanted more adventure-esque eps.
Unfortunately, because of her leaving, the plan for the show has went "off course" to something different. Twilight becoming an alicorn wasn't what Lauren wanted since it's pretty much the same "princess" thing she tried to avoid when making this show not as girly and more for both genders. So we'll have to see how the current writers take the show. Lauren doesn't really have a say anymore, as far as I know. However, that doesn't mean the writers couldn't take any ideas from Lauren and use them in the show. It's just that they have full control on how the show ends up.

Old September 30th, 2013, 03:48 PM
chibi_glaceon
Creature Catcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer Mint View Post
Unfortunately, because of her leaving, the plan for the show has went "off course" to something different. Twilight becoming an alicorn wasn't what Lauren wanted since it's pretty much the same "princess" thing she tried to avoid when making this show not as girly and more for both genders. So we'll have to see how the current writers take the show. Lauren doesn't really have a say anymore, as far as I know. However, that doesn't mean the writers couldn't take any ideas from Lauren and use them in the show. It's just that they have full control on how the show ends up.
Yeah, good point. I think Equestria Girls is a good example of the show going off course... I really do hope they take some of Lauren's ideas! But in one of the animatics, they showed an episode with superhero ponies? Perhaps that's a good sign...? Maaaybeee...?
Old September 30th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Has anyone seen these Japanese MLP commercials: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/0...mmericals.html

All so sparkley, as well as that still vector of Twilight Sparkle in the end.
Old October 1st, 2013, 11:42 AM
Shiarra
Ghost Of The Forest

Nature: Lonely
My username is Shiarra, and my favorite pony is fluttershy, i'd like to join please.
Old October 5th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Nature: Naive
Haha, I saw a japanese version of an episode, methinks. MLP feels like it fits well being japanese, actually.

dave x jade // moderator of RPC and PGen
Old October 9th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
Omg, I love Japanese people. And I agree that MLP is very suitable for Japan. They eat that kind of stuff up.

I was in Barnes and Noble the other day and I saw that they have a chapter book about Equestria Girls. I was thinking about reading it, but I think the writing might be a little too simple. I am not against reading kids' books, but I don't know if I could sit through a book that has very low level language. Has anyone else seen or read the book?
Old October 9th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I was in Barnes and Noble the other day and I saw that they have a chapter book about Equestria Girls. I was thinking about reading it, but I think the writing might be a little too simple. I am not against reading kids' books, but I don't know if I could sit through a book that has very low level language. Has anyone else seen or read the book?
I've heard about the EQG book before. It was available on Amazon for a cheap if I remember correctly. I haven't seen it in stores myself, nor have I seen it at my college's bookstore.
Old October 20th, 2013, 01:26 AM
Trainer Marsh

Favorite Pony: Applejack!

Happy to see a club. Very excited to see Season Four- between my excitement for the show and the excellent comics, it's on a roll. If Season Four can move past the relative Season Three rockyness, it'll be excellent times for all.
Old October 20th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Goatie

Nature: Modest
Username: Goatie
Favorite Pony: Applejack

Oh ponies, everywhere I go you pop up and you never seize to disappoint do you?

Anyhow, a small introduction in how I came to watch MlP.. Around 1 and a half year ago I saw pony vids pop up on youtube.. Most from animators or SFM/Gmod users I was subbed at.

I tended to be up to date with internet trends at the time but never heard of this.. After the increased popularity and persistence of these pony vids I took an interested and started watching the show from episode 1 and onward.. I marathoned it in about 2 or 3 days.

Only a few months after I realized there was a big fandom also on which I check daily.. From various sites from Equestria Daily to Tumblr.. That's pretty much it.

As for Applejack being my favorite pony.. I freaking love all of them, but I choose Applejack because I believe she values friends and family most.. Don't get me wrong friendship is probably most valued by the others aswell.

But I think Applejack takes this a step further, I dare say she will always find time to talk with you.. Even if it was very inconvenient for herself.. She is the shoulder you can lean and the person you can depend on.

Selfishness at its best!

I can say that I've leaned and depended on people a lot myself (specially my family) and now I'm being dependable for others because then I can sort of return that which has been done for me and help others feel relieved like I did when I needed someone to depend on.

It also feels great to help others out!

..Oh boy, how long has this post become?

Whatever.. You get the picture now, cheers!

But then I realized that one picture would take more space then most of the posts I'll make..

Last edited by Goatie; October 20th, 2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old October 20th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Condroid 2.0
Artificial Humanoid Being

Send a message via Skype™ to Condroid 2.0
Hey, can I join? I'd really like to join. =3

Username: Condroid 2.0

Favorite Pony: Applejack

Why? Well, pretty much for the same reasons as Goatie mentioned (Way to cop-out, Connor). Also, I really like how she not only personifies her own element, but strongly exhibits the best of the other elements as well (except magic).

Anyway, I found the fandom through groups like this poping up all over the various forums I'm involved in. At first I thought it was ridiculous, but being the open minded person that I am (Wow Connor, narsisitic much?), I gave it a chance. Needless to say I very much enjoyed the show, and thus I became a brony. I also later discovered that many of my friends at school are also bronies/pegasisters, so yeah, that was pretty neat. =)
Anyway, that's my little schpeal on the matter. I'm so glad I could find a group like this on the forum! ^.^
When the promise of a brave new world
Unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?
Old October 21st, 2013, 09:41 AM
Pickle-Spaghetti
Spread the bean buns

Nature: Sassy
I'd very much like to join :3 I guess you could consider me a pegasister but 'm not a crazy huge fan of the show, i don't collect merchandise or anything (though i wouldn't mind an applejack plush to go on my bed) I do love watching the show.

Username: Pickle-Spaghetti
Your Favorite Pony of the Mane 6: Applejack
Additional Information: I wanted to know what all the hullabaloo was with this show so i started to watch it. I was pleasantly surprised at how lovable the characters were, and how interesting the stories were, regardless of how simple and innocent they seemed, i saw there was much more to them than that. Good animation as well, it has gotten quite impressive over the past couple years.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 11:32 PM
Houndour2005

Meghan McCarthy ‏@MMeghanMcCarthy 12t “@lordofallfantas: is the wonder bolts military? or is that just old pegaopolis traditions going on?” Watch #MLPseason4 for answers ;-)
Old October 25th, 2013, 06:53 PM
jediwartortle

Username: JediWartortle
Your Favorite Pony of the Mane 6: My favorite would have to be Pinkie. I love her personality the most out of the six, and I constantly try to immitate her bubbly personality!
Additional Information: My favorite pony out of all of them would have to be Vinyl Scratch, since I love Dubstep and how awesome she is. I first got hooked when my little sister was watching it, and I went and re-watched all of the episodes. I love to watch the show, read the fan-fictions, look at art, and I love everything about it!
Old October 25th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Just so everyone knows, I've been keeping on top of the new members joining the herd. Welcome to every new member! Hopefully activity here will pick up once season 4 starts!
Old October 26th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Anyone familiar with the Fluffle Puff Tales? It's a series of tumblr panels/youtube videos about a pink fluffy pony, living with Queen Chrysalis, doing random things.
Old October 28th, 2013, 12:44 AM
Houndour2005

Brandnew S4 teaser.

Old November 2nd, 2013, 01:43 PM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
Js, the theme song is looking really crowded. I don't like that. It's just something I have to get used to. Also, I'm hoping the villain isn't Nightmare Moon again--that is so season one.
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links