• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Master Ball discussion

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
I havnt used my master ball since gen 3, maybe even 2. I always catch the legend in a pokeball then save the master ball for a wandering pokemon

Years
I never used a master ball in all of my time with playing pokemon games i always found it to be a little too easy to catch pokemon and so the challenge was gone.

Years
I do recall using a Master Ball on Kyurem when I played Black 2, I just didn't want the hassle of an extremely long battle. Other than that, I never used a Master Ball in my other 5th Gen games.

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
Years
Hmm, I played pokemon black without using the master ball (yet),
in White 2 I used it to catch reshiram since I was out of other options (yes I know, "should've bought more balls before battle") and running away or killing it was not an option for me.

If I am ever getting X or Y I'm certainly going to try and catch all the legendaries without using the masterball though, it makes the game more challenging and, in my eyes, more fun.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I do recall using a Master Ball on Kyurem when I played Black 2, I just didn't want the hassle of an extremely long battle. Other than that, I never used a Master Ball in my other 5th Gen games.

I did the same, and I don't believe I've used the Master Ball otherwise or plan to. It's kind of a waste.

Years
I was originally saying to myself when I was battling a legendary, that I should save the master ball for another day. But now I see no need to save it, if it's not going to be used on anything else. Why not use what the game has given you?

I often find at the end of the game, I have a ton of max revives and ethers that I was saving, that I didn't need in the Elite Four. Now I've stopped saving these things, and use them when I need them instead. I think I will probably use my master ball on Mewtwo for my Y game. Otherwise it will just rot in my bag. :)

Charcoal92

Banned
Years
I first used a Master Ball on Mewtwo back in 1999. I only used it on Mewtwo on my Pokemon Y to be nostalgic. On HeartGold I used a Dusk Ball on Mewtwo so yeah.

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
I used my first Master Ball in FR for catching the Snorlax near Cycling road :P I did so because I ran out of other types of balls, I used Ultra Balls for the rest of Pokémon

And then I used it in Diamond only, in rest of the games I used Quick Balls, Timer Balls, Ultra Balls. Master Ball is not so special now just as the shinies, so I don't use it unless I run out of other balls.

Back