• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokecommunity Guilds/Tournaments/Events Idea

Would you like to see a multiple guilds within a section on Pokecommunity with more events?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Just a random idea since I don't know where this topic would be appropriate.

Does anyone think it would be a cool idea if Pokecommunity created a guild thread?

Positives of having a guild section

• People can run their own guild threads with rules and chatrooms.

• Guild members can talk about Pokemon X/Y at a more competitive level to help others improve.

• Trades and safari friend codes can be exchanged between guild members.

Competitive Aspect

• Guild Vs. Guild Tournaments
    • For Everyone on Pokecommunity - Tournaments (Uber, OU, Balanced, Tiny Cup, etc.)
    • Individual Pokecommunity Ranking Board
    • Guild Ranking Board
    • Yearly Tournament - invite only - best battlers of Pokecommunity
    • Yearly Guild Tournament - invite only - best of the best guild competition for who has the best guild

Prizes

• Some kind of prize system is put in place
    Non-cooperative Guilds

Guilds that don't follow a Pokecommunity Rule Guideline page and don't meet the rules enforced will have their guild thread deleted.

Last edited:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • Versions of this has been tried before. In the past, these threads got closed down due to spam, lack of battling, inactivity, and whatnot. In the very recent past, it was tried again and I think it sorta died because of inactivity.

Personally I don't think it will work, because the battling community on PC is pretty small. As for having their own chatrooms, well, that already exists. PC's showdown server has all things singles and sim (I think it has a wee bit of doubles too but not enough). Trade Corner's chat has a couple of wifi singles and doubles players hanging out there all the time because wifi battles and trading/breeding goes hand in hand. Neither chat have more than 30 people on average if I remember right. I think that what would happen is that the population would be diluted further and end result is even less battlers than before. Or it's back to the usual.

Back