The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 14th, 2013 (05:56 PM).
MC_Riccy

I was wondering if I can do the Ultimate challenge but not do the Kalos region due to me not having either X nor Y yet. If I can't then it's alright I understand.

Username: MC_Riccy
Pokemon of Choice: Politoad
Challenge: Ultimate, if I am allowed, if not Single
Game(s): FireRed, SoulSilver, Emerald, Platinum, and VoltWhite; SoulSilver if I can't do Ultimate.
Old November 14th, 2013 (07:28 PM).
Someday
tfw no qt ORAS Battle Frontier

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciMeme View Post
Doing my own solo run here.

Username: GucciMeme
Pokemon of choice: Heracross (a tribute to Werster, one of my favorite Pokemon speedrunners)
Game of Choice: Crystal (also his favorite, but unintended.)
HM Slaves: Totodile, Togepi, Poliswag Pidgey, Sentret.

Current Progress:

Just laid the smack down on Faulkner despite the 4x weakness to Flying.
Moved through Union Cave with relative ease, Horn Attack handles those Geodudes!
Finished Slowpoke Well one-hitting the Zubats and what not.
Defeated Bugsy and his Scyther. The resistance really helped.

Defeated Silver at Azalea, one of the hardest fights in the game at that point. His Gastly was annoying as the only move I had that could touch him is Fury Cutter, which it resists. Had to use plenty of items there as its Hypnosis/Lick/Confuse/ and ParaFlinch strategy was frustrating. I was paralyzed but handled Bayleef with some STAB Fury Cutter. On to Azalea Forest where I'll teach Beetle Headbutt.
UPDATE #2: My Heracross easily swept through Azalea Forest and got me to Goldenrod City where I would face the infamous Whitney and her Miltank. Heracross has outstanding attack, but its defense is pretty poor.

Whitney's Clefairy was an easy fight as it didn't use it's broken Metronome. Whitney's Miltank was a difficult fight however. Beetle was a Lv.23ish at that time with no access to a powerful fighting move. Headbutt was fine and three-shotted Miltank after Attract stopped being so annoying.

VICTORY! Flew through the National Park and the routes around there till I hit Ecruteak. The rival fight was not very easy as he had a Gastly which are the main problem in this run. I HATE Gastly and all of it's brethren.

Morty has been an absolute fill-in-the-blank because Heracross is now Lv 31 with only Fury Cutter to take out his pesky Ghosts. Still haven't beaten him after four attempts. The Hypnosis-Curse-TWave with Lick-NightShade set is tearing my trusty bug apart. I have no other option here than grind. Or I should consider fighting the other gym leaders and saving Morty until later. I'll keep anyone who cares updated.

"Watching the lantern dim, Starved of oxygen,
So give me your hand,
And let's jump out the window." -The Shins, Australia
Old November 15th, 2013 (04:09 PM). Edited November 15th, 2013 by Natnew.
Natnew

my pichu run was harder than I thought. I need potions TO BEAT REGULAR TRAINERS

EDIT: I hate leech seed. even spamming potions didn't work.

EDIT 2: I SPAMMED POTIONS AND ABUSED SAVESTATES, BUT I BEAT A REQUIRED TRAINER

time to train... still a lot left of the gym x.x
Pichu Solo Run (post-game)
Budew Solo Run
Azurill Solo Run
friend safari: Bug (Paras, Vivilion, Masquerain) FC 2621-2615-8242
Old November 15th, 2013 (05:19 PM). Edited November 17th, 2013 by FinalInsanity.
FinalInsanity

I swear I'm still alive, I've just been utterly absorbed into other aspects of Pokemon like breeding in Y and Black 1 RNG manipulation.

...excuses aside, I have returned with Solo Dratini taking on Misty.
Spoiler:

More Wrap abuse, yaaay. It's kind of a cheap win, but at this point it's really the best thing I have. It combines nicely with Thunder Wave/Agility, though, so maybe that combo will stick around.

Challenge Runs:

Ultimate Solo Dratini (Red: CLEAR!) (Soulsilver: CLEAR!) (Sapphire: 0/8) (Platinum: 0/8) (Black 1: 0/8) (Black 2: 0/8)
Old November 15th, 2013 (05:42 PM).
KoboraX
Grand Master of Themed Teams

Nature: Relaxed
Onward with the "overpowering a bad Bug type" Ledian solo
  • Headed over to Cianwood, getting there with just one Thunderpunch left
  • Got the Secretpotion
  • Decimated Chuck
  • "Screw Supersonic, Dynamicpunch! I'm gonna blow people up with my fists!"
  • Lost to Jasmine because of paralysis D:
  • Make that twice
  • Decided to just go back to Mahogany and deal with that
  • Killed the Red Gyarados
  • Got through the Team Rocket HQ
  • Destroyed Pryce
  • Got killed by Jasmine a few times, but I got lucky with a critical Ice Punch on Steelix and managed to win

Gonna keep this one short since the next update will probably be the big huge end of Johto one

Team Justice

Superbug (Ledian) M Lv. 48
Moves: Headbutt, Dynamicpunch, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch

Luvdisc Solo x4
FireRed 3/8 - Ruby - Platinum - White 2
Omastar Solo - FireRed 0/8
Armaldo Solo - Emerald 0/8
Furret Solo - Silver 0/8
Pokemon Emerald Randomizer Nuzlocke - 0/8
Old November 16th, 2013 (01:29 PM). Edited November 16th, 2013 by Someday.
Someday

Quote:
UPDATE #2: My Heracross easily swept through Azalea Forest and got me to Goldenrod City where I would face the infamous Whitney and her Miltank. Heracross has outstanding attack, but its defense is pretty poor.

Whitney's Clefairy was an easy fight as it didn't use it's broken Metronome. Whitney's Miltank was a difficult fight however. Beetle was a Lv.23ish at that time with no access to a powerful fighting move. Headbutt was fine and three-shotted Miltank after Attract stopped being so annoying.

VICTORY! Flew through the National Park and the routes around there till I hit Ecruteak. The rival fight was not very easy as he had a Gastly which are the main problem in this run. I HATE Gastly and all of it's brethren.

Morty has been an absolute fill-in-the-blank because Heracross is now Lv 31 with only Fury Cutter to take out his pesky Ghosts. Still haven't beaten him after four attempts. The Hypnosis-Curse-TWave with Lick-NightShade set is tearing my trusty bug apart. I have no other option here than grind. Or I should consider fighting the other gym leaders and saving Morty until later. I'll keep anyone who cares updated.
UPDATE #3 and Final!

I put in some major work on this Hera run Friday and Saturday. Finished just now.

-Finally defeated Morty! Had to defeat trainers in Lake of Rage area to grind.
-Morty's Gengar missed Hypnosis 5 straight times and I Fury Cutter'd him to win.
-Annihilate Chuck, get Fly and Strength
-Defeat Jasmine by using Counter on her Steelix
-Fly through the game from here, just using Strength to beat everything
-Learn MEGAHORN at Lv.54!
-Obliterate E4 with Megahorn OHKO and 2HKO'ing everything
-Champion fight: Lv 59, main issues were Charizard and Aero, but pretty easy fight.
-Johto Champion!!! Ingame of 8 hours, Heracross is Lv.60
-Go through Kanto with extreme ease, Megahorn = GG everything else
-Red fight: Heracross is now Level 75.

Besides the Fury Cutting nightmare that was the Morty fight, Red was the biggest threat to this challenge.

Earthquake Red's Pikachu for an easy knockout.
Megahorn easily slays his Venusaur.
Next comes Charizard who has Sunny Day support.
His Charizard OHKO's my Heracross with Flamethrower
I Max Revive Heracross and stall until Sunny Day fades.
Two Strengths finally knock it out.
I have ~68 HP at this point, so Reversal can do massive damage.
Red sends in Snorlax and I OHKO it with one Reversal (Super effective)
Next is Espeon, who faints right after a DEADLY Megahorn!
Last comes Blastoise. I heal at this point. One Megahorn and a Strength cleans up nicely.

I win! I had a blast with this run. Crystal is always a good game to replay.

Final Stats and Info

Beetle (Heracross) @Focus Band

Strength
Megahorn
Earthquake
Reversal

Lv.75
247 Attack
169 Defense
112 Sp. Attack
194 Sp. Defense
188 Speed

So give me your hand,
Old November 17th, 2013 (04:42 AM).
Buzz Buzz
What's all the Buzz about...

Nature: Lonely
Update #1: Swampert - Sapphire
Got the first 4 badges. It's been a while since I played through Hoenn and I quite enjoy it (even though it's my least favorite region) and the run is going quite smoothly too.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:

Finn the Serious Swampert (M) @ Lv.43
Ability: Torrent
Item: Soft Sand
Take Down
Mud Shot
Muddy Water
Water Gun

HM Slave(s):
Spoiler:

Zigzagoon
Cut
Rock Smash

Machop
Strength
MT - Normal - X
Random Pokémon - Heart Gold

Completed
SR - Venusaur (Soul Silver), Charizard (Red, Crystal, Emerald), Blastoise (Blue), Pidgeot (Fire Red), Arbok (Heart Gold), Raichu (X), Clefable (Fire Red), Dugtrio (Fire Red), Golduck (Fire Red, Ruby), Poliwrath (Fire Red), Golem (Sapphire), Rhyhorn (Emerald), Omastar (Leaf Green), Zapdos (Silver), Mew (Fire Red, Silver), Typhlosion (Leaf Green), Feraligatr (X), Tyranitar (Leaf Green), Swampert (Sapphire), Exploud (Diamond), Torkoal (Fire Red), Absol (Leaf Green), Kyogre (Fire Red), Infernape (Black), Chesnaught (X)
MC - Red (Fire Red, Ruby, Platinum), Yellow (White 2)
MT - Steel (Platinum)
Legendary Trio - Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres - Fire Red
Persona - Sacred Gold
Old November 17th, 2013 (07:24 AM). Edited November 17th, 2013 by James901.
James901
The CyndaquilofWar

Nature: Jolly
Hey everyone, I've been noticing that some people have been using their hm slaves in battle to use revives when their main Pokemon faint. Now this isn't against the rules but I'd like to say that you should try your best not to do this. It takes a bit away from the whole "solo" aspect of this challenge because you can't use a revive if you only have one Pokemon with you right? If your main pokemon faints I would recommend blacking out and trying again. Also I'll try to be very understanding if you're using a difficult to use pokemon, for example a little while ago someone did a solo with Ditto in Pokemon Red or something and they used revives, but that's completely understandable because you have to waste a turn to use transform giving your opponent a free hit.

I will definitely not deny a championship because of this but please try not to do it, for the sake of you getting the full experience of the solo challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terff View Post
Username:TERFF
Pokemon of Choice:I'll choose exeggcute -> exeggutor ooo and for an hm slave I'll use krabby. (I know you said that you can hack your 1st char in if it isn't available before the 1st gym but can you also hack in an hm slave if you don't have a fishing rod yet?)
Challenge: Single
Game(s): Red
Sorry but you can't hack for any other reason than getting your main pokemon, besides you wouldn't need any hm's that early in the game and they won't even be available to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC_Riccy View Post
I was wondering if I can do the Ultimate challenge but not do the Kalos region due to me not having either X nor Y yet. If I can't then it's alright I understand.

Username: MC_Riccy
Pokemon of Choice: Politoad
Challenge: Ultimate, if I am allowed, if not Single
Game(s): FireRed, SoulSilver, Emerald, Platinum, and VoltWhite; SoulSilver if I can't do Ultimate.
Yes you can do the Ultimate without X or Y, but you must sign-up for it before the end of the year. (Which you just did) Starting January 1st ever new ultimate challenger will have to play X or Y to be champion, anyone who signed-up before January first can finish their challenge whenever they want and be listed as "Generation V Champions". You can also add X or Y to your sign-up when you get the game if you would like.
Here's a link to my Trade Review Thread, be sure to post a comment if we trade.
Old November 17th, 2013 (12:19 PM). Edited November 19th, 2013 by Terff.
Terff
the unimportant

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Sorry but you can't hack for any other reason than getting your main pokemon, besides you wouldn't need any hm's that early in the game and they won't even be available to you.
Okay then for my hm slave I'll make it something catchable at this point in the game, thanks :D Maybe an oddish for cut or something at this point and then later a krabby once I get the super rod!

This will be my first update post for my solo run!

Spoiler:
I started off, got exeggcute from professor oak at level 5, I named it THE MAN!! And I challenged BLUE'S charmander

It wasn't too hard to defeat him considering I had barrage and hypnosis, but sadly those were going to be the only move's I would have for awhile xD.

Anyhoo I did some training in the first few routes and levelled up THE MAN!! I went to the shop in viridian city and got the parcel for oak which I delivered and got the pokedex. I then started my long journey through viridian forest where I died or ran out of barrage PP many times and had to go all the way back

After that extravaganza I finally made it to pewter city where I challenged Brock after even some more training and dying...

And eventually after a few losses I defeated brock and got my first gym badge! Defeating onyx was quite a struggle... literally... I had to use struggle xD But I got the Boulderbadge and the TM for bide.

Then the thing I was dreading was up next... Mt. Moon... Oh the horror, but anyways the treck through mt moon was harsh, dying even more times than in viridian forest but besides that it wasn't too bad, I eventually made it through and proceeded to go to Misty's gym!

Compared to Brock Misty was far far far easier considering barrage could actually do more than 1 damage so Misty was a piece of cake, a tasty piece of cake. Thus I got the Cascadebadge from Misty and the pointless tm for bubblebeam (useless because THE MAN!! can't learn it).

Then it was time to continue. I went onto nugget bridge where I challenged BLUE again and of course won because THE MAN!! is a total beast (and I had potions xD).

I then went through and defeated nugget bridge and the stupid grunt at the end.

I also defeated every trainer from there until bill's house where I changed him back into a human, got the ticket for the S.S. Anne and saw his Eeveelution pokedex entries.

Then I made my way through the underground tunnel popped out at route 6 where I lost a few times to a bunch of trainers but after I got passed route 6 I came across Vermillion city! I went on the S.S. Anne, Battled a few trainers, beat blue... again and got HM1 from the cut captain seasick dude!

I returned to route 6 to catch an oddish to teach cut! I named the oddish WEED.

I then used WEED's power's to slice that stupid tree in front of the 3rd gym (Why would anyone plant a tree in the middle of only path to get to their gym?)

I then got passed Lt. Surge's stupid maze thing and challenged him to a battle!

I defeated his pokemon with ease, not quite as easy as Misty however. His raichu was a pain in the butt but his voltorb was my least favorite, probably because of sonicboom...

And thus I defeated Surge and got the thunderbadge!!

And after selling a few worthless TMs I bought 12 super potions for later challenges that I may need them for!

I then decided it was time to face my fear and enter rock tunnel... without flash.

It was dark...

Yet I prevailed and got through and emerged outside lavender town!

I first went to celadon city and did most off all that I was supposed to do there, I also bought a leaf stone for THE MAN!! (I didn't evolve it yet though)

Then it was time for me to use weed to cut down yet another inconveniently placed tree to get to Erika's gym and challenged her!.

She was quite easy besides the fact that she poisoned me every few turns, but since I bought the TM for egg bomb it allowed me to get some stronger hits on her pokemon. So I won and obtained the Rainbowbadge and the TM for mega drain!

I went to the game corner and found Team Rocket's not so hidden switch under the poster, I went through and eventually came to everybody's favorite part... Spinny panel things!

Thankfully I had the speed button on my emulator which sped up this process greatly! So I got the lift key and challenged giovanni for the first time.

He wasn't hard... at all... THE MAN!! had learned solarbeam by then and easily took out every one of his pokemon.

I then decided that I should go to Fuchsia City completely forgetting about Saffron city, but I also remembered that I never actually got the bike so I caught a pidgey and flew like a glorious ninja all the way back to get a bike!

I got the bike and flew back like a glorious ninja and went on cycling road, defeated most of the bikers (even though I lost a lot also xD) and reached Fuchsia city.

Of course the first thing I did was challenge the gym leader! The one and only ninja master dude KOGA!!

Who was quite a challenge considering poison is good against grass... But after a bunch of losses I won and received the Soulbadge!!

I then evolved THE MAN!! It was quite a glorious process to see him change... Now... he is UNBEATABLE!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!! JUST LAY YOUR EYES UPON THE GLORY THAT IS EXEGGUTOR!!!

I then went through the safari zone and eventualy found the hidden house and his golden teeth. I returned his teeth to him and he gave HM04 STRANTH!! Which I couldn't use because I didn't beat whats-her-face from saffron city...

So I decided to return to celadon, buy a drink for the guard and enter into saffron city! First thing I did when I got there was get the TM for psychic from Mr. Psychic to teach to THE MAN!! This would give me a great advantage towards team rocket's obsession for poison types. I entered the Silph Co. and slowly found my way around it! Blue challenged me and of course I won (Because blue sucks)

Afterwards I got a lapras from some fine fellow and decided that lapras would be my HM slave for surf and strength. Shortly after I went to challenge Giovanni for the second time.

Of course since my grass types destroy his ground types and psychic destroy his poison types it was extremely easy.

The head of Silph Co. gave me the master ball... which is completely useless since I can't catch any other pokemon.
So now that team rocket was gone I could challenge sabrina which I did ASAP! After getting past her telepads I finally reached her and challenged her to a battle.

She was harder than I expected but I still won fairly easily and got the Marshbadge (Honestly I don't know why Koga doesn't have the marsh badge as he lives near the safari zone and he is poison type... but anyways)

I then challenge that other "not really gym" with the fighting dudes just for some spare EXP. And with psychic it was no problem.

I then FLEW all the way to pallet town surfed across the oceans with lapras and docked at Cinnabar Island to challenge Blaine, but since he is a total troll he hid his key in the pokemon mansion so I walked around in there for a few minutes and eventually found the key (Gosh I hate puzzles). I then swiftly went through his gym answering the very simple questions that were asked and eventually reached the pimp himself, Blaine. (Whose sprite in the gym looks honestly very boring and fat for such a sharp dressed man)

And even though he had the type advantage I still won and got my 7th badge! The Volcanobadge is now mine!!

I then knew what had to be done, I had to challenge the mysterious 8th gym leader (ooo I wonder who it is). I flew to Viridian city and did stuff to get to him... the one and only GIOVANNI (This game is full of plot twists, why can't the newer games be like that...)

Who yet again I defeated easily because of THE MAN!!'s sheer power!! (Psychic and Solarbeam)

Now I have all 8 gym badges and decided to take on victory road and the POKEMON LEAGUE!!!
I passed through all the guards...

I fought Moltres and of course won, but alas I lost my data and had to restart victory road from the start and the second time I did not fight moltres.

Then I finally escaped that wretched place(guh I hate victory road) And then... it was time to take on the Pokemon League

First off I bought some stuff with the 97k that I had just to ensure that I wouldn't die. Then I entered into the first room and started the challenge.

THE POKEMON LEAGUE
-----LORELEI-----

-----------------
Not too hard, solarbeam took out her half water type pokemon easily.
-----DEFEATED-----

-----------------
-----BRUNO-----

-----------------
Extremely easy, psychic for his fighting types and solarbeam for onyx made this overconfident potato eat dust!
-----DEFEATED-----

-----------------
-----AGATHA-----

-----------------
This granny didn't stand a chance, psychic wiped her out with no effort whatsoever.
-----DEFEATED-----

-----------------
"'*-_-*LANCE*-_-*'"

*-_-*'"'*-_-*'"'*-_-*
This lil fellow was probably the hardest so far, his dragonite's hyperbeam took THE MAN's health down quite a lot, but still I won.
*-_-*DEFEATED*-_-*

*-_-*'""'*-_-*'"'*-_-*

THE MOMENT HATH COME
THE CHAMPION
'"'*-_-*BLUE*-_-*'"'

'"'*-_-*'"'*-_-*'"'*-_-*'"'

WHO HATH BEEN
DEFEATED
!!!

!!!THE HALL OF FAME!!!

THE END

Twas fun, I should do that again!

There you go, all done, and all that within a few days xD
Read inside the spoilers for the entire story WITH PICTURES!
Old November 17th, 2013 (06:51 PM).
Someday

Name: GucciMeme
Pokemon of Choice: Meowth/Persian
Game: Yellow
HM Slaves: Oddish, Lapras, Pidgey

I'm doing this challenge to test the brokenness of Gen 1's critical hit ratio (lol).

Meowth has a 17.59% chance to crit and Persian has a whopping 22.46% chance to crit, all before it learns Slash at Lv.51 and crits at a 100% rate. I'll keep everyone updated.

So give me your hand,
Old November 17th, 2013 (07:41 PM).
MC_Riccy

Quote:
Originally Posted by James901 View Post
Yes you can do the Ultimate without X or Y, but you must sign-up for it before the end of the year. (Which you just did) Starting January 1st ever new ultimate challenger will have to play X or Y to be champion, anyone who signed-up before January first can finish their challenge whenever they want and be listed as "Generation V Champions". You can also add X or Y to your sign-up when you get the game if you would like.
I would like to sign up for it when I get X or Y (which should be in a week if all goes well) but for now I start FireRed. Thank you for the information BTW.
Old November 19th, 2013 (02:59 PM).
Natnew

ok, so a little more progress...

-I grinded over and over and over and over...
-I faced a trainer by accident and since hidden power was low on PP I lost
-I reset and went around him
-I am had trouble beating a gym at level 29 when the gym has 2 level 19s (cherube and turtwig) and a level 22 (roserade). what have I gotten myself into?
-I spammed sweet kiss + hidden power ghost to bring down the turtwig/cherubi. Now for the killer (magical leaf is overpowered, poison sting can poison, stun spore is annoying but at least I can't get poisoned, my moves are low on pp...)
-HALLALOUAH GYM 2 DONE

Budew Solo Run
Azurill Solo Run
Old November 21st, 2013 (12:16 PM).
AoTora

Nature: Calm
I completed the Cacturne a while ago (On the first page it's still showing that I am doing cacnea run lol )

I am still training horsea (I hate the fact that Misty is the gym leader in first gen )

I started both Mightyena and Riolu run and I will update as soon as I get a little bit further into games - I am at the beginning of both games at the moment so I have nothing to write about

Do what you believe in and believe in what you do. All else is a waste of energy and time ~ Nisargadatta.

Love is the only power that can change an enemy into a friend. ~ Martin Luther King.

I am a fan of Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan and some other series. I am also Harry Potter fan and Disney fan (I love Frozen!) - I also like other animes beside Pokemon.
Old November 21st, 2013 (02:37 PM). Edited November 21st, 2013 by Terff.
Terff
the unimportant

I think I'll start another solo challenge, well actually 2
Name: Terff
Pokemon of Choice: Dunsparce (ALL TEH WAY!!!)
Game: Gold
HM Slaves: I'll decide when I come across em

Name: Terff
Pokemon of Choice: Wurple (No evolve)
Game: Emerald
HM Slaves: I'll decide again when I find em...
Old November 21st, 2013 (05:32 PM).
Buzz Buzz

Update #2: Swampert - Sapphire
Once again I've defeated all the gym leaders. The only challenge I have left: the Elite Four and the Champion.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:

Finn the Serious Swampert (M) @ Lv.66
Ability: Torrent
Dive
Mud Shot
Surf
Earthquake

HM Slave(s):
Spoiler:

Zigzagoon
Cut
Rock Smash

Machop
Strength

Taillow
Fly
MT - Normal - X

Completed
SR - Venusaur (Soul Silver), Charizard (Red, Crystal, Emerald), Blastoise (Blue), Pidgeot (Fire Red), Arbok (Heart Gold), Raichu (X), Clefable (Fire Red), Dugtrio (Fire Red), Golduck (Fire Red, Ruby), Poliwrath (Fire Red), Golem (Sapphire), Rhyhorn (Emerald), Omastar (Leaf Green), Zapdos (Silver), Mew (Fire Red, Silver), Typhlosion (Leaf Green), Feraligatr (X), Tyranitar (Leaf Green), Swampert (Sapphire), Exploud (Diamond), Torkoal (Fire Red), Absol (Leaf Green), Kyogre (Fire Red), Infernape (Black), Chesnaught (X)
MT - Steel (Platinum)
Persona - Sacred Gold
Old November 22nd, 2013 (04:33 PM).
Someday

Quote:
Name: GucciMeme
Pokemon of Choice: Meowth/Persian
Game: Yellow
HM Slaves: Oddish, Lapras, Pidgey

I'm doing this challenge to test the brokenness of Gen 1's critical hit ratio (lol).

Meowth has a 17.59% chance to crit and Persian has a whopping 22.46% chance to crit, all before it learns Slash at Lv.51 and crits at a 100% rate. I'll keep everyone updated.
Got bored and since I've played Yellow no less than one million times, I finished the challenge.

Spoiler:

-Got through Brock after an extremely long fight hoping for crits. Bite helped. Meowth is ~Lv.16.
-Biting everything in the route before Mt. Moon, not too hard.
-Mt Moon [Running away from Geodudes intensifies]
-I decide to go through Nugget Bridge before Misty.

-Rival Fight Numero Uno:
-Bite and Pay Day to two hit and make some extra cash.
-I complete this process fairly easily, the fight wasn't bad at all as no Sand Attacks occured.

-Nugget Bridge is a breeze until Trainer #5 with the Mankey nearly Double Kicks me to my doom (It's super effective!)
-Beat everything afterwards, getting some effective crits to win
-Meowth is a Lv.26(?) at Misty fight

-One hit crit to Staryu (I'll take it)
-Three hit Starmie with Bite. The Starmie used Bubblebeam and got my Meowth's HP to less than half.
-Second badge cleared!

-Take the Underground Path to Vermilion
-I fight all of the trainers here, I want all the extra EXP I can get.
-Meowth grows to Lv.28 and the Persian Critfest officially begins.

-Teach Persian Bubblebeam to take care of those pesky Rock and Fire types
-Go to SS Anne, Rival Fight #2 because I skipped the Veridian City fight:

-Persian crits the first with STAB Bite.
-Two hit the next two and I one hit his Eevee with bite. Literally too easy.
-Persian is now Lv.29 for the Surge fight

Surge:
-Persian used Bite! Critical Hit!
-Enemy's Raichu used Thunderbolt!
-Persian used Bite! Critical Hit!
-Enemy Raichu fainted!
-Player defeated Leader Lt.Surge!

-I teach Persian Thunderbolt for more type coverage. Very helpful.
-Go through Rock Tunnel, TBolting the Slowpokes, Biting the Grass types and Bubblebeaming the Rock types.
-I reach Lavender and from there, go to Celadon City.

-Erika fight:
Note that this fight and the other trainers in Erika's Gym annoyed the blank out of me. I had to stock up on Paralzye Heals, Antidotes, Awakenings, you name it.

-After Bind/Constrict/Annoyance from Erika's Tangela, I defeat it.
-I Bite her Weepinbell and then I get Stun Spored.
-I heal only to POISONED by ACID!!!
-Heal up, I am angry at this point.
-Sleep Powder. And it hits. And I heal, and get Sleep Powdered again. No words here.
-If you kept score there, I was Paralyzed, then Poisoned, then put to Sleep twice by the same stupid WEEPINBELL.
-Erika stops being a stiff and her Gloom uses Petal Dance from the start.
-I'm able to three hit her Gloom, but Persian's HP was dangerously low from two Petal Dances.
-Erika down, four down, four to go.

I bought a Poke Doll to run away from the Marowak Ghost at the Poke Tower. This is NOT a glitch as speedrunners of Yellow use this strategy in glitchless runs.

Rival Fight #3:

-Tbolt Fearow, Bubblebeam Sandshrew, Bite Magnemite, TBolt Shellder and Bite Eevee. A near perfect win.
-Gastlys, Gastlys and more Gastlys until I get the Poke Flute from Señor Fuji

I decide to go to Fuchsia City before going to Saffron and saving Silph Co.
-Safari Zone to get Surf. I forget that I need Lapras to Surf and Strength for me.
-Whatever. Koga fight:

-Wicked easy. On a side note I realized that my Persian's Special stat was better than it's Attack stat, which is pretty wierd as Persian always seemed like strictly an Attacking pokemon.
-Capitalize on the bad Specials of Koga's Venonats, Bite and Thunderbolts finish them.

Off to Saffron we go.

Silph Co: Now here is where my Persian levels up to 51 and destroys everything with guaranteed crits.

Rival Fight #4

Bubblebeam Sandslash!
Slash Kadabra for a one hit crit, same goes for Magneton.
TBolt his Cloyster for another one hit
Two hit his weak Flareon with Bubblebeam.

Moving through Silph, I'll describe the Giovanni fight:

Slash. Bubblebeam. GG.

Sabrina fight:

Slash. Crit. Fin.

I now go to Cinnabar, get the Secret Key and fight Blaine. Don't worry about the Pokemon Quizzes there because I've done these countless times.

Blaine Fight!
Those of you still reading this excessively long post might think this was an easy fight. But it wasn't I tell you!

Defeat Ninetales and Rapidash wth Bubblebeam but not without them taking a good half of Persian's HP.
Here comes Arcanine. Fire Blast hits and leaves me with TWO HP!!! I'm then able to Bubblebeam for a close victory.

Giovanni fight for the 8th badge:

Persian is pretty capable at this point. It's at Lv.55 now going into the Veridian Gym.
-Bubblebeam everything but Persian for easy KO's.
Gio's Persian get a Slash crit that finishes him.
8 badges!

Second to last Rival Fight:

Bubblebeam Sandslash.
Slash Kadabra, Exeggcute and Magneton
TBolt Cloyster
One last Bubblebeam to his Flareon. GG.

Victory Road.
I chose to fight all of the trainers here to ensure that I beat the E4 in one attempt.
Yeah.

Pre-E4: Persian is now a Lv.63
-Buy Full Restores, I'll need those especially against Agatha.

Lorelei:

TBolt everything besides her Jynx, whom I Slash for a 2hit.

Bruno:

I remember that my Persian has a good Special and Bruno's fighters do not.
Bubblebeam the two Onix.
TBolt and Slash the Hitmons and Machamp. GG.

Agatha:
I needed to use an Elixer here, TBolt's PP was low after the first two E4 fights.
-Shoutouts to Persian being immune to Agatha's Ghost attacks.
-TBolt Golbat for an OHKO.
-TBolt Gengars and Haunters after playing the Poke Flute so many times that my player's throat would get tired if he were a real person.
-Slash the Arbok for a 2hit.

Lance:

-TBolt Gyarados for an easy OHKO.
-Slash the Dragonairs
-TBolt Aerodactyl
-Slash and TBolt Dragonite. Crits saved me as Hyper Beam did some serious damage.
Winner! Almost.

Kanto Champion/Rival Fight:

-Bubblebeam Sandslash
-Slash that stupid Alakazam, but he gets a Psybeam off on me.
-Slash Exeggutor for a 3 hit. He uses Barrage (useless) and misses a Hypnosis.
-Slash Magneton and this one is a one-hit crit.
-TBolt Cloyster. This took two hits.
-Flareon! I have to three hit with Bubblebeam because for some reason I couldn't crit.
Game Set and Match.

Final Stats for Persian:

Persian Lv.69

194 HP
129 Attack
129 Defense
198(!) Speed
138 Special

Thunderbolt
Bubblebeam
Bite
Slash

Final Note: I thought this Meowth/ Persian had bad IV's specifically in Attack. While doing research on Persian, I found that the moveset I used in the run was almost identical to the one Smogon had for it in Gen 1 competitive, except for Hyper Beam, which I planned to get but did not have enough coins in the Game Corner.

I did have to use Gameshark, Meowth is impossible to get in Yellow without trade or the Mew Glitch. This run was pretty fun, using Persian, a Pokemon I nearly never touched until now.

So give me your hand,
Old November 22nd, 2013 (07:22 PM).
James901
The CyndaquilofWar

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoTora View Post
I completed the Cacturne a while ago (On the first page it's still showing that I am doing cacnea run lol )

I am still training horsea (I hate the fact that Misty is the gym leader in first gen )

I started both Mightyena and Riolu run and I will update as soon as I get a little bit further into games - I am at the beginning of both games at the moment so I have nothing to write about
Oh crap sorry about that, I must have skipped over it by accident

I fixed it now
Here's a link to my Trade Review Thread, be sure to post a comment if we trade.
Old November 23rd, 2013 (05:17 AM).
Buzz Buzz

Update #3: Swampert - Sapphire
Defeated the Elite Four already, so another solo run is done. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:

Finn the Serious Swampert (M) @ Lv.72
Ability: Swift Swim
Ice Beam
Rock Tomb
Surf
Earthquake
MT - Normal - X

Completed
MT - Steel (Platinum)
Persona - Sacred Gold
Old November 23rd, 2013 (06:20 PM). Edited November 24th, 2013 by Terff.
Terff
the unimportant

This shall be my thread for my pokemon emerald challenge with Wurmple! AKA THE BABY!

Spoiler:

I hath begun a new quest, in a new body, this quest... is to beat the Hoenn Pokemon League with THE BABY! a Wurmple which I received from the professor of this region. And because of the sheer adorable-ness of THE BABY! I vow not to evolve it!

I start off my journey, after receiving THE BABY! I go and find May on route 103 challenge her and after one or two tries win! I then return to Littleroot town and get the pokedex from Professor Birch, this idiot wants me to fill it by catching pokemon HAH! Like thats going to happen! I will only catch pokemon if I absolutely have to, and I will only use THE BABY! No matter how difficult it gets!

I help Wally catch his fat raltz and eventually I made my way to Rustboro city, but since my wurmple was only level 12 I knew I couldn't take out Roxanne, so I trained, so much... Mostly inside Rusturf tunnel where I got plenty of HP EVs from all dem Whismurs. Eventually I reached level 20!

and once I hit 21 and scoured the city and routes for any hidden items to sell to buy potions and X
Defends I decided it was time to face my fears and go for another attempt at Roxanne!

She was very challenging considering my attacks did nearly nothing, poison was my best friend during this battle! I started off with using my 3 X defends, I then began spamming poison sting until her pokemon were poisoned, then once I did that I just had to survive with my 3 super potions and 2-3 regular potions eventually I won and earned the Stone Badge! With only 7 hp left o_o

Old November 26th, 2013 (07:55 AM).
Buzz Buzz

Well, here's another sign-up.

Username: Buzz Buzz
Pokémon: Charizard
Challenge: Single
Game: Red
MT - Normal - X

Completed
MT - Steel (Platinum)
Persona - Sacred Gold
Old November 26th, 2013 (01:27 PM).
AoTora

Quote:
Originally Posted by James901 View Post
Oh crap sorry about that, I must have skipped over it by accident

I fixed it now
I forgive you because you have the best profile picture ever (Just kidding - it's no biggie )

Anyways here is a little bit of update on Riolu solo run - I will update Mightyena and Seadra tomorrow because I want to get a little bit further into the game first

I defeated first gym with no major problems. Currently on my way to defeat some people at Windworks :3

Current team:

Anubis, Male, lvl 19
Good endurance. Likes Dry food.
Mild Nature, Ability: Steadfast
Quick Attack
Rock Smash
Reversal
Force Palm

I honestly have no idea how will I get past Fantina D: But we will see

Do what you believe in and believe in what you do. All else is a waste of energy and time ~ Nisargadatta.

Love is the only power that can change an enemy into a friend. ~ Martin Luther King.

I am a fan of Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan and some other series. I am also Harry Potter fan and Disney fan (I love Frozen!) - I also like other animes beside Pokemon.
Old November 26th, 2013 (10:55 PM). Edited December 1st, 2013 by Flame999.
Flame999

Username: Stephen
Game: Pokemon Ruby & Fire Red
Pokemon: Bagon
Ultimate: No (unless you know of any ds emulators that work on a android phone)
Evolve: No

My rules.
One heal per town (two per town with gym)
- New Tiles
- New Trainer sprites
- New Map for Hoenn (replace Sevii islands)
Finished making the Hoenn & Kanto Gym leaders
Finished making the Hoenn & Kanto Elite four and Champions

Old November 28th, 2013 (02:27 PM). Edited November 29th, 2013 by Natnew.
Natnew

-I taught pichu grass knot via TM and bidoof cut vis HM! (you can guess who he's for)
-I beat the team galactic base with only one blackout!
-I dodged a few trainers that had me blackout...
-I faced the rival with only one blackout again! (and savestates...)
-I continued on!
-I got stuck around route 215 because the trainers were tough...
-I beat it! woo!
-Gym challenge!
-Savestate abuse!
-GYM BEATEN
-...Save?

EDIT:
-not much happened between gym 3 and 4. the gyms are the second closest together out of any other two in the game, and I has type advantage on the gym so I didn't have to grind
-after beating team galactic grunts and some dude with ghost types, I healed! yay
-I found out that at level 38 pichu can't even OHKO a level 23 bibarrel using shock wave. ouch...
-gym challenge!
-pichu tried to evolve for it's first time! woo! it likes me!
-I used save states again because gyarados and floatsel are kinda bulky.
-I beat the gym with literally 1 HP remaining
-gym beaten!

oops... forgot to mention I'm not evolving pichu. well, I don't want to stop it from evolving 50+ times, so where can I easily find an everstone?

EDIT 2: ^forget that. and anyway, I'm not evolving because if I did it would be a raichu run instead... in my book, at least.

EDIT 3:
-I chased the galactic grunt north!
-beat my rival while doing that
-got the sprayduck!
-cured psyduck of their headache even though I could've used shock wave to KO then anyway
-went north!
-my HM slaves gained a bit of EXP because a dustox used whirlwind
-hello grinding again!
-hello gym!
-hello savestates!
-hello badge!

also here's how I panned my run:

Spoiler:
start

thundershock
thunder wave
sweet kiss
hidden power

first gym

second gym

grass knot
shock wave

third gym

fourth gym

fifth gym

thunder bolt
meadow plate
- need waterfall ugg

sixth gym

seventh gym

zap plate

eigth gym

elite four
champion

end of run

-I exited the gym and was able to use surf!
-I flew to the vallew windworks and got the TM for Thunderbolt! the second-most powerful electric-type move pichu can learn (#1 is volt tackle)
-I flew to the place with the meadow plate
-I lost multiple times and eventually realized that waterfall-not just surf-was needed
-I flew to where I was supposed to go! yay
-Grind time
-I had pichu ridiculously overleveled and beat the crap out of the rival and gym. now that I have a good move, the level diffrence caught up with me. steelix and his grotle gave a bit of trouble because the resisted or were immune to thunderbolt, though.
-Beat the gym with only one hyper potion! woohoo! that's 4 gyms in 2 days!

Budew Solo Run
Azurill Solo Run
Old November 30th, 2013 (04:59 AM).
CDChaser

Nature: Timid
Username: CDChaser
Pokemon of Choice: Sneasel
Challenge: Ultimate
Games:
In this particular order
Fire Red, Emerald, Crystal, Platinum, Black, Black 2.

Credit to xVaporeon for userbar
Old November 30th, 2013 (12:29 PM).
Buzz Buzz

Update #1: Charizard - Red
It's been a really long time since I played a first gen game and it was quite refreshing. There aren't many really good moves (at least compared to the newer games), but it's still quite fun. I've got the first 4 badges and I'm aiming to get the next 4.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:

Jason the Charizard @ Lv.47
Scratch
Flamethrower
Ember
Slash

HM Slave(s):
Spoiler:

Oddish
Cut

Voltorb
Flash
MT - Normal - X

Completed
MT - Steel (Platinum)
Persona - Sacred Gold
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links