Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread

Old January 6th, 2014 (04:08 AM). Edited February 11th, 2014 by Peitharchia.
& having to receive it

X/Y Quick Questions and Answers

If you are looking for some help regarding Pokémon X and Pokémon Y or have a response to one of the questions that needs to be answered, then you're at the right place. Before you proceed, though, please take a few seconds to skim through the guidelines below.

Thread Rules

1. This is not a place to chit-chat; only ask questions here and answer those that haven't gotten any.
  2. Don't post ROMs; they're not allowed here. Do not discuss them, either.
  3. This is not the place to make trade or battle requests--don't post them here.
  4. You're allowed to make "thank-you" posts. *

Helpful Links

* Don't forget the 4 Word / 25 Characters rule.
Old January 6th, 2014 (04:29 AM).

Third time lucky hopefully.

I finished playing Pokemon Y and am now playing through X to complete my pokedex. I have been playing both of these games on my one 3ds. I have not finished the Elite 4 on my X game, I'm only 4 badges in, however I can't see me friends listed on PSS. I have a couple of dozen friends registered/ code exchanged in my 3ds Friends List. I have tried connecting to the internet on PSS, saving/restarting. How can I get my friends to show up in PSS in my X game? Thank you in advance.
Old January 6th, 2014 (04:42 AM).

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Mayoukoneko:
Third time lucky hopefully.

I finished playing Pokemon Y and am now playing through X to complete my pokedex. I have been playing both of these games on my one 3ds. I have not finished the Elite 4 on my X game, I'm only 4 badges in, however I can't see me friends listed on PSS. I have a couple of dozen friends registered/ code exchanged in my 3ds Friends List. I have tried connecting to the internet on PSS, saving/restarting. How can I get my friends to show up in PSS in my X game? Thank you in advance.
How are they not showing up? Are they darkened out or is simply no one showing up in your friends list? And are you JUST in your freinds list or are you on the screen with all 3 (friends, acquaintances, passersby) if the latter, does anyone show up at all or are all three rows blank? IF people show up, are they in colour or greyed out? IF blank, just because your 3DS is connected to the internet doesn't necessarily mean your game is, is the blue circle in the top middle of the bottom screen blue with waves, or does it have the word "Internet" written across it? If Internet is written, you are connected, if not, you are not. Now on a new game, as far as I know, your friends don't appear until they have been online at the same time as you. Once that has happened once, they will still appear in your list, just greyed out if not online.
Old January 6th, 2014 (05:22 AM).

My friends section is blank (no darkened characters). I have connected to the Internet and can see many passerby people (both online and offline). I was out with friends yesterday who I know I have registered on my 3ds and they didn't appear on my X list. So it didn't work with wifi, I must connect with them via online?
Old January 6th, 2014 (05:41 AM).

Quote originally posted by Mayoukoneko:
My friends section is blank (no darkened characters). I have connected to the Internet and can see many passerby people (both online and offline). I was out with friends yesterday who I know I have registered on my 3ds and they didn't appear on my X list. So it didn't work with wifi, I must connect with them via online?
As far as I understand yes, I think you both need to be online. And I know how tough that can be, I have over 30 people in my friends list becasue I basically trade with people as soon as I add them, but I think I've only ever seen MAYBE 3 people online at most.
Old January 6th, 2014 (07:34 AM).

Ah okay. Thank you so much for your time. I really appreciate it.
Old January 6th, 2014 (08:22 AM).

In ''Tower of Mastery'' , Its said that a trainer with Lucario from another region discover 2 strange stone that lead to world first Megevolution . (May be that why The Opening show Mega Lucario).
Anyway Its said that the Mega stone was Discovered , Not invented !
So , Mega stone was around when that trainer found it so Mega Stone must be a Natural element .
So my question ,

1) How come there is the Natural object to evolve an artificial Pokemon like Meowtwo when The original Mew can't megevolve ???

2)If Mega stone are artificial object then who invented them ???

Old January 6th, 2014 (09:24 AM).
Super ModeratorCS

Nature: Timid
Where do you get the Gardevoirite? I keep thinking you get it at the end after beating the Champion, but I mean, I don't see it in my inventory and I didn't attach it to my Gardevoir so idk what could have happened.

paired to klippy
Old January 6th, 2014 (09:27 AM). Edited January 6th, 2014 by Hikamaru.
let it rain
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Everlark:
Where do you get the Gardevoirite? I keep thinking you get it at the end after beating the Champion, but I mean, I don't see it in my inventory and I didn't attach it to my Gardevoir so idk what could have happened.
You have to talk to Diantha in Cafe Soleil in Lumiose City, and she'll trade you a Ralts holding the Gardevoirite in exchange for any of your Pokemon.
Old January 6th, 2014 (09:29 AM).
Silver Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Everlark:
After beating Diantha (the Champion), she will be waiting in a cafe in Lumiose City (I can't remember which one it is) where she gives you a Ralts holding Gardevoirite.

EDIT: Beaten to it

Old January 6th, 2014 (09:46 AM).
Super ModeratorCS

Nature: Timid
Quote:
You have to talk to Diantha in Cafe Soleil in Lumiose City, and she'll trade you a Ralts holding the Gardevoirite in exchange for any of your Pokemon. Did you remember to remove it from the Ralts first?
Actually, I haven't done that yet, so I can still get it. Thanks a ton, both of you! :) On my way to get it now.

paired to klippy
Old January 6th, 2014 (09:46 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Famon:
2)If Mega stone are artificial object then who invented them ???
What I suspect is the case is that the Mega Stone is something invented by an ancient civilisation but which was lost over time, and has only now been rediscovered. Some of the game dialogue hints at that: for example, Sycamore asks you to check out Camphrier Town because it has "a lot of history".

Quote originally posted by Famon:
1) How come there is the Natural object to evolve an artificial Pokemon like Meowtwo when The original Mew can't megevolve ???
This one is trickier to explain, because Mewtwo would not have existed at the time of any ancient civilisation... Maybe Team Rocket discovered a Mega Stone years ago and tried to replicate it for Mewtwo, but ended up disbanding before they could use it? Or maybe Team Rocket created all of the Mega Stones?!

Old January 6th, 2014 (10:25 AM).

Quote originally posted by berlyda:
What I suspect is the case is that the Mega Stone is something invented by an ancient civilisation but which was lost over time, and has only now been rediscovered. Some of the game dialogue hints at that: for example, Sycamore asks you to check out Camphrier Town because it has "a lot of history".

This one is trickier to explain, because Mewtwo would not have existed at the time of any ancient civilisation... Maybe Team Rocket discovered a Mega Stone years ago and tried to replicate it for Mewtwo, but ended up disbanding before they could use it? Or maybe Team Rocket created all of the Mega Stones?!
Could just be an oversight by Game Freak. It's very much possible.
Old January 6th, 2014 (11:07 AM).
adventure seeker
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by wenjaminboodman:
I'm currently trying to breed a female Pancham (with perfect IVs for all but Special Attack) with a male Pancham (with perfect IVs for HP, Defense, Special Defense and Speed).

Every time I have hatched an egg containing their male child Pancham (and I've tried up to thirty eggs or more), not a single one of them has had more than four perfect IVs, whereas several females have had.

Does the father's IVs only being perfect in four stats limit all the male children, or is this just an unlucky coincidence?
Just letting you guys know that I've merged this post in here, and it still needs some answering! wenjaminboodman, if you have a quick question such as this, you should try this thread rather than making a new one in future, thanks buddy! Best of luck with the breeding.

| | |
Old January 6th, 2014 (11:08 AM).

Breeding is making zero sense so far, even after reading the guide

I have a purrlion with 3 perfect IV's, i give it destiny knot. Breed it with one with two perfect IV's.

Get babies with 1 or two perfect IVs...

How can i get less than i gave the destiny knot to?
Old January 6th, 2014 (11:15 AM).

Quote originally posted by Dragonzord86:

I have a purrlion with 3 perfect IV's, i give it destiny knot. Breed it with one with two perfect IV's.

From the parents' combined 12 stats, the Destiny Knot picks five random ones - it picked the imperfect IVs to inherit.
Old January 6th, 2014 (11:16 AM).

Quote originally posted by Dragonzord86:

The Destiny Knot just guarantees that 5 IVs will be passed down from the parents (because normally you can just get a random IV value for a stat). And its not 5 from each parent, its 5 total. Which IVs are passed down is totally random.
Old January 6th, 2014 (11:30 AM).
<3

Can anyone tell me some/all Pokemon that evolve through trade (and the items if an item is required, eg. Sachet for Spritzee - Aromatisse)
This would be really helpful to me, thanks
Old January 6th, 2014 (11:43 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Lavender Grace:
Can anyone tell me some/all Pokemon that evolve through trade (and the items if an item is required, eg. Sachet for Spritzee - Aromatisse)
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Categoryok%C3%A9mon_that_evolve_through_trading

You can find the items required by clicking on each one.

Old January 6th, 2014 (11:55 AM).
<3

Thank you, that's really helpful :D
Old January 6th, 2014 (11:58 AM).
The Emperor of Hoenn

Pokemon who evolve w/out item: Kadabra, Haunter, Machoke, Graveler, Boldore, Gurdurr, Phantump and Pumpkaboo.
With item: Poliwhirl (King's Rock), Slowpoke (King's Rock), Onix and Scyther (Metal Coat), Seadra (Dragon Scale), Porygon (Up-Grade),
Clamperl (Deepseascale and Tooth).
Rhydon (Protector), Electabuzz (Electirizer), Magmar (Magmarizer), Porygon2 (Dubious Disc.), Dusclops (Reaper Cloth.
Feebas (Prism Scale), Swirlix (Whipped Dream), Spritzee (Sachet)

Trade Karrablast for a Shelmet and vice versa to evolve them.

Hope this helped!

[EDIT] Damn, too slow!

GROUND SAFARI

Phanpy
Nincada
Diggersby
Old January 6th, 2014 (12:11 PM).
Silver Tier

I have a question for you guys:

I'm currently building a Dark-type team, and my last Pokemon to ready for battle is Mightyena (yeah, I know it's rubbish, but I like it ). My current setup is this:

Ability: Quick Feet
Item: Toxic Orb
Moves: Sucker Punch, Facade, Play Rough, Protect/Substitute

I've pretty much got everything sorted, but I can't decide whether to run Protect or Substitute. Protect is good because it allows me to stall in order to get the Speed boost from Quick Feet without losing any HP in the process, but Substitute could be more useful in the long term, especially if I can force a switch (although after seeing my team in the preview, I doubt they'll send a Psychic-type out first lol). Bear in mind that it's holding Toxic Orb, so I'm not going to be using either move after the first turn.

Please don't tell me to use Moxie instead of Quick Feet; by the time I realised its Hidden Ability was Moxie, I had already gone too far and didn't want to start over again.

Old January 6th, 2014 (12:13 PM).
<3

Quote originally posted by legendhunter14:
Pokemon who evolve w/out item: Kadabra, Haunter, Machoke, Graveler, Boldore, Gurdurr, Phantump and Pumpkaboo.
With item: Poliwhirl (King's Rock), Slowpoke (King's Rock), Onix and Scyther (Metal Coat), Seadra (Dragon Scale), Porygon (Up-Grade),
Clamperl (Deepseascale and Tooth).
Rhydon (Protector), Electabuzz (Electirizer), Magmar (Magmarizer), Porygon2 (Dubious Disc.), Dusclops (Reaper Cloth.
Feebas (Prism Scale), Swirlix (Whipped Dream), Spritzee (Sachet)

Trade Karrablast for a Shelmet and vice versa to evolve them.

Hope this helped!

[EDIT] Damn, too slow!
Thank you, that's great - I have a few of these items and Pokemon.

It says on Bulbapedia you can get King's Rock at Lumiose City, Lysandre Cafe - would I have been given one during the main storyline? (if so, I may have accidentally sold it as it's not in my Bag)
I guess I'll have to go hunting down wild Hawlucha and Poliwhirls... anyone know how often Hawluchas/Poliwhirls holding King's Rocks are encountered?
Old January 6th, 2014 (12:20 PM).
Silver Tier

It says on Bulbapedia you can get King's Rock at Lumiose City, Lysandre Cafe - would I have been given one during the main storyline? (if so, I may have accidentally sold it as it's not in my Bag)
I guess I'll have to go hunting down wild Hawlucha and Poliwhirls... anyone know how often Hawluchas/Poliwhirls holding King's Rocks are encountered?
Yes, you get that during the main storyline I'm afraid. There's a 5% chance a wild Hawlucha or Poliwhirl will be holding one, good luck finding one!

Old January 6th, 2014 (12:49 PM).
<3

Yes, you get that during the main storyline I'm afraid. There's a 5% chance a wild Hawlucha or Poliwhirl will be holding one, good luck finding one!
Ah that sucks. Might have to just see if I can trade for the already evolved forms on the GTS!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links