Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General
Reload this Page The Pokemon Adventures manga

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Old January 26th, 2014 (05:02 AM).
Master Trainer

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via Skype™ to DarkCloud1267
Alright so recently i've been hearing alot about Pokemon Adventures and i decided to read the first chapter and thought it was amazing. i love how it follows the original story while also making it all it's own by adding so many different twists.
But enough about me. what are some of your thoughts on the series? Do you like it? Do you hate it? whats your favorite "series" so far?
Let the discussion commence! :D

Pokemon In Safari:
The trainer sprite in the trainer card was made by me
Old February 1st, 2014 (09:20 AM).
ModeratorCS

Nature: Naive
I love it for much the same reasons as you do. My favorite parts are G/S/C and R/S and my favorite character is probably Crystal but also Pearl.

So keep reading, it keeps being awesome ;)

"Alright Gramps! Leave it all to me!"
moderator of Roleplay Theatre
proudly paired with seeker
staff collab july 2015
Old February 1st, 2014 (06:05 PM).
whatever mate
Crystal Tier

Nature: Mild
I would say in no offense that the Pokémon Adventures Manga is a bit overrated. There are many people that has taken an interest to these comics which have no actual affilation to Nintendo or Game Freak. Call me weird but I just think that's how it is.
Old February 3rd, 2014 (03:58 PM).
Be a role model
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to acatfrommars
I've read a little of it, but haven't read it in its entirety. A love how it's more realistic than the anime and is a lot faster pace. I need to finish the series because I enjoy the parts which I did read.

Sisters | Brother | Pairs
Old February 12th, 2014 (02:03 PM).

Quote originally posted by < Snorlax >:
I would say in no offense that the Pokémon Adventures Manga is a bit overrated. There are many people that has taken an interest to these comics which have no actual affilation to Nintendo or Game Freak. Call me weird but I just think that's how it is.
Official Pokémon manga like Pokémon Special has as much affiliation with Game Freak, Nintendo and Creatures as the anime. The mangas are licensed, which means that those three companies have all approved it as an official product. But yeah, definetly overrated and not the best Pokémon manga for newcomers to start with.
Old February 13th, 2014 (04:09 PM).
Kimono Girl

Nature: Timid
I just started reading the manga recently too. I've gotten hooked, even though I've only read up until the part where Yellow shows up. I like how fights with Team Rocket have felt like serious threats, and the added realism is a nice change of pace from how child-friendly the main series games are (not knocking that or anything, as I enjoy lighthearted stuff too).
I think I'm going to enjoy the switching of protagonists to help keep things fresh. I hope the series keeps up its momentum.

Quote originally posted by Manga Reader X:
Official Pokémon manga like Pokémon Special has as much affiliation with Game Freak, Nintendo and Creatures as the anime. The mangas are licensed, which means that those three companies have all approved it as an official product. But yeah, definetly overrated and not the best Pokémon manga for newcomers to start with.
Just curious, what do you think is a better manga to start off with?
Old February 13th, 2014 (04:13 PM).
Will you notice?
Gold Tier

Nature: Quiet
I really love the series, I bought every book from volume 1 to 20. I'm now waiting until March so the volume 21 will be released
The story follows the game storyline almost perfectly but with a little touch of the added characters to them, which I really love
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)