• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Whom did you used Master on?

Master Ball used on?

• Articuno

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Zapdos

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Moltres

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Patience enough to save it for Mewtwo

Votes: 22 84.6%

• Total voters

Mesmerella

Preschooler
Years
  • I used my Master Ball on Mewtwo... And I sincerely regretted it after I saw Suicune running around. ;_; I used to have that deluxe Pokemon handbook, you know the one, with the green cover and Pikachu and Mew on the front? I had that book, and as a kid, I didn't actually realize that the handbook was actually for R/B/Y and not FR/LG. The book said that the only way to catch Mewtwo was with a Master Ball, so I did what it said... I really wish I hadn't, because I never did get Suicune in the end.

Gigabeat

Professionals and all.
    Years
  • I used my Master Ball for Raikou. I honestly try not to use Master Balls on non roaming legendaries because a good supply of Ultra Balls and a bit of luck will usually do the trick. Took about 20+ Ultra Balls before I got Mewtwo, but it was worth it. Entei, Raikou or Suicune are nearly impossible or are painfully tedious to get, and they took forever to appear. When they finally did, out came the Master Ball.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    On my most recent playthrough i used it on moltres. I had no money to buy pokeballs because i used it all on stuff for the e4. What can i say, i was desperate.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • I pretty much always save up the Master Ball for Mewtwo, since most other Pokemon usually aren't too hard to catch. If one, usually one of the birds, is causing me problems though, I may end up using it on that one. I've used it on Zapdos on several occasions, so yeahh :p One of my friends also used it on a Fearow once, in my game mind you, because someone had told him that it was the legendary Grass bird hnggg.

Anyways, my latest one would probably have to be Mewtwo. There's not a whole lot of legendaries to go around, and considering I never encountered the legendary beasts a single time in my game, they're kinda out of the question. And yeah, Mewtwo is definitely the hardest one to catch by regular means :p

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2014
    Well it wasn't really patience with me . heh* , I have a knack for catching a pokemon with a pokeball that best matches the colors of it.. for example Mewtwo is purple, so i'll use Master ball. Zapdos yellow and black, perfect for Ultra ball... Groudon took forever since I used Cherish ball...don't get me started with Latias -_-

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
  • Mewtwo is the most powerful Pokemon in the Kanto games so of course I used the Master Ball on him. I caught the legendary birds with Ultra Balls.

pastel_fallout

Sayounara
    Years
  • I didn't use it at all. I caught the birds with Ultra Balls and somehow managed to pull off catching Mewtwo with a regular Pokéball. ^-^ guess I'm just lucky.

Humble Hook

Because the Hook brings you back ~
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    Saved mine for Latias. I only use the M-Ball on Roamers, however long the other legendaries may take.

Life

[FONT="Poiret One"][color=#aaaaaa]Perception of Re
    Years
  • I used it on Mewtwo cause the masterball is also purple :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2019
    i think i gave it to my charizard for safe keeping. i generally save master balls for roamers like latios but i didnt really need it in firered

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2017
    Used on mewtwo but traded it to a friend for his lvl 100 Charizard stupid kid days ahha

Back