• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

De-Lurking

Silri

Kimono Girl
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
Hey everyone! I figured after lurking around this place for a couple of months it was time to finally come out of hiding and introduce myself.

I'm a college student who is (hopefully) heading off to graduate school next year. The plan is to become a researcher in paleontology/zooarchaeology and not go crazy along the way. :P

My history with Pokemon goes way back into the 90's with the originals. I kinda fell out with the franchise in 4th gen, but I was lucky enough to have a friend who sucked me back into the craziness again with 5th gen and I've become obsessed once again.

Nice to meet everyone!

Years
Aw, glad to hear that! Pokemon's too addicting to drop completely. I started way back during the first generation days and still adore it today. <3 Welcome!

Good luck on graduating, Silri - I know school can be a pain so it's good to get it out of the way. I'll be graduating soon too so good luck to us both. Nice to finally have that out of the way.. so tired of schooling after being there for most of my life.

Hope you enjoy PC! There is a whole lot to do and discuss here; we're thrilled to have you around. The staff are just as happy to assist if you're lost so don't be scared to give us a call! Oh, and of course everyone is open to chat anytime. Stick around and have fun. :D

Silri

Kimono Girl
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
Thank you for the warm welcome! Pokemon truly is addicting. There's just so much to love!

I've been taking classes for so long I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself once I'm done. I'm definitely ready to graduate. It's such a relief to see that light at the end of the tunnel. I hope I can survive yet even more classes in graduate school. *crosses fingers*

I know this might sound odd, but I like your username and avatar Sheep. Goats/sheep are one of the groups I hope to study in graduate school, I think they're amazing animals.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Hi there sport, it's really great to have you here! And I'm glad that you're getting into Pokemon again - I find it really addicting to play, even right now. <3 Welcome, welcome and welcomeeeee~!

Your classes sound really interesting, and I wish you good luck as well! I know that it might be tough, deciding on what to do from there, but you know, I'm sure that you'll come up with a good plan in mind! I'm graduating next year myself under the Chemical Engineering field. So, let's give it our all till' the end!

The 5th gen is great, and I'm sure that you might be able to enjoy the Fifth Gen board! Or anywhere else that you'll find interesting! I wish you a really great time on our forums, and I'll also be here to help you out at anytime you wish! I'm also open for a message anytime too, if you wanna talk, or if you're looking for a PC friend!

Be seeing you, and take care, mmkay? :3

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Glad you've finally decided to join, Silri--welcome aboard! We are happy to have you here. n__n Congrats in-advance on your graduation! Only have few more months 'till I graduate; can't wait. I've been a fan of Pokémon since '90s as well, with Blue being my first game. It was given to me by my dad as a Christmas gift; really loved it. The game pretty addictive for me, and would play it every day whenever I got the chance. How about you--which was your first game? Also, what about gen 4 made you lose interest in Pokémon? It may not have been the greatest generation of all time, but personally, though, I loved it. My most favorite game from it would be HG/SS; remakes of G/S/C. Second would Platinum. Have you tried them yet? If not, then you definitely should--you don't know what you're missing out on, haha. Gen 5 wasn't too bad, either. Black and White were absolutely fantastic. BW2 were pretty good as well.

Are you a viewer of the anime? If so, which's your favorite season? Mine would be Advanced Generation. Would watch the anime every week back then, and would always try my best to not skip a single episode. If I did miss one, I'd make up for it by viewing online. :p

Anyway, it's really nice to meet you. I go by Nymphadora on here as you could already see, but if you wish, though, you're free to call me Ashley--don't mind at all! Enjoy your stay, and if there's anything you need, feel free to contact me or any other member of staff. See ya around! :]

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Hey there to you Siliri and welcome to PC!

I can completely get falling in and out of Pokemon. I've been addicted to it since the beginning, but I know many people who have lost interest of Pokemon around 2nd ,3rd or 4th gen , but recently have gotten back into it with X and Y! It's definitely something that's hard to let go!! :3 Gen V is excellent imo. It's under gen 3 for my favorite generation. I know it's hated a ton, but I was really into it and thought the games were excellent and Pokemon are the most unique ones we have had so far. Gen 6 might beat Gen V for second though, since I'm being blown away with Y as we speak. I'm loving X and Y and Gen VI so far!

Funny you brought up college, as I just started my first semester of college a few weeks ago at a community college. It's nice so far. My classes aren't too hard too. It's odd being my age and only starting college while most people in my high school arein their junior year, but that's the thing about college is you can start whenever you want and go back to school whenever you want and as many times you want. It's a really diverse campus too. Enough about me though, it's awesome hearing you're almost done with school. Congrats!! Whatever you decide to do, I wish you luck in it. I have no clue what I'm doing either, but I have lots of time to decide a major.

It's good knowing you've decided to stop lurking and joined us. I really hope I see you around here and that you can have an enjoyable experience on PC. There's a lot to do and so many friendly people so I'm hoping you're here for years to come!

Silri

Kimono Girl
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome! Nice to meet so many fellow college students on here.

How about you--which was your first game? Also, what about gen 4 made you lose interest in Pokémon?

My first game was also Blue. It was my first game on the Gameboy Color. I think it was a birthday present for me, but I can't remember too well that far back (makes me feel old!).

The biggest thing that made me fall out of Pokemon at gen 4 was that I would have had to buy a new console to be able to play the games. I just didn't feel it was worth it, as I would have had to save up a bit of money for not only the console but the game itself. And I remember being strongly turned off by Palkia's design (though Dialga was alright) and I was not a fan of the starters. There are definitely some cool additions from those games though (Gliscor, Lucario, Dusknoir, Froslass).

I actually have played HG/SS now, because the Johto region was one of my favorites, and it's probably one of my favorite games now after Black 2. I've still never played what I consider the main staples of gen 4 though, which is D/P/Pt.

Are you a viewer of the anime?

No, not anymore. I used to watch the show religiously as a kid, but I fell out of it before I fell out of the games. And now it's such a large show I feel like it would be overwhelming to try and start it back up.

And good luck with college AWsquared! I know you'll find a good major that's right for you (I was also a little slow on deciding a major).

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Welcome to PC! I'm sure you'll fit right in here with us original gamers XD I'm glad you're enjoying the games! It's a really great time to be around Pokemon right now, too, due to the XY games which are amazing <3

Back