• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Battle.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
THeres so many imma have to rank em

1. MewTwo Vs Mew - Those PSybeams and shadow balls made pokemon look like a dragon ball z fight for a bit

2. Ash VS GARY Was too epic in my childhood especially that it took two regions and the orange league to finally happen and gary was on his A game

3. The Orange league championship - Ash whole team dominating untill dragonite came out and swept with pikachu doing what pikachu does
4.The four way dance of zapdos lugia moltres and articuno
5. Ash and paul- Loved the build up throughout the whole dp for this battle and it delivered
6.Articuno vs charizard
7.magmar vs charizard - after that magmar introduction and they made him look so OP
8.Red vs GIOVANNI
9. RED VS MEWTWO
10.last Battle frontier vs ash old pokemon - should of used all the regis though

ps this is not where i rank em i was just jotting them down this way

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 25, 2015
Hmm... this one's not really that hard... Jessie, James and Meowth vs. Rico the Poacher from A Poached Ego! I'm a huge TR fan (they're the only reason Johto is tolerable, and them being so mean and not funny ruined Unova for me), and seeing them do an honest, truthfully great thing was amazing. Usually, the twerps pass TR off as completely evil, terrible people, and this episode is the one that proves otherwise just so much. Rico has been poaching and abusing lots of Ekans (gasp!) and Koffings (GASP!!!), and Team Rocket literally use every Pokemon available to them to stop Rico and his Fearow and Tyranitar. When that fails, they literally throw themselves at Tyranitar and allow it to brutally savage them to buy their Arbok and Weezing some time to lead the Ekans and Koffings to safety... touching!And when that corrupt Officer Jenny nabs Rico by stealing his PokeBalls, the twerps are like "oh, good job Jenny, good thing you stopped an evil person. Too bad there are still rotten people like Team Rocket out there!"
I hate you, Ash.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I have three that are very close to one another as my top favorite.

May vs Ash in one of the last Battle Frontier episodes where they split the ribbon. I think it was Sceptile vs Blaziken.

Gary vs Ash in the Johto League between Blastoise and Charizard.

Harrison vs Ash in the Johto League between Blaziken and Charizard.

Notice how they are all starters lol.

If you want to add the movies then I got to add Mewtwo vs Mew and Legendary Birds vs Lugia

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I really liked it when Ash went head-to-head against Drake in an episode called Enter the Dragonite. If you ask me, the match was extremely intense. His Charizard took on Electabuzz and Dragonite; was able to take down former, but unfortunately, not the latter. Thankfully, though, he had Pikachu on his side, who later turned table around and won the battle for him. Aside from that, I also liked it when Ash battled against Noland at Battle Factory in one of the Advance Generation episodes (forgot which it was). d:

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years
i would go for Ash vs. Paul, in the sinnoh leauge. though the championship match suck >_<. I still remember how furiously infernape battled. It sooo epic! LOL!

And also the match between Ash and Volkner. Infernape vs. Luxray, yo.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 1, 2014
My favorite battle would be when Garys Umbreon battled against a kids Alakazam. Very entertaining to watch.

Either that or when Ash vs Paul, that was good too.

Cheychu

Giggly Gengar
Years
  • Age 30
  • NC
  • Seen Jun 26, 2015
I think my favorite battle would have to be from season one, with Lt. Surge's Raichu vs Ash's Pikachu. Probably because Raichu is my favorite pokemon...or maybe because the whole episode together was great and always brings a slight tear to my eye when Pikachu refuses to evolve~

Jehowi

Your Master Superior
Years
Drake's Dragonite in the final two episodes of the orange island series. I'll never forget that battle.

Lizardo

Public Enemy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Satoshi vs. Shinji at the Sinnoh League. It lasted three episodes, it was a lot of fun, and it had some very well thought-out strategies on both sides of the battlefield with a great climax.

Years
Ash vs. Skyla&Cylan vs. Skyla are two of my favourites because of what they are fighting for <3

Ash's sceptile vs. May's blaziken is my close second favourite too :3 I really loved it! Even though Ash was not a coordinator he did great job and it was really nice final battle before May leaves.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jul 14, 2014
You guys have obviously forgotten the greatest battle to ever take place in the history of pokemon.

Charizard VS The boulder

Years
I'll always adore the tag battle between Ash and Paul in that one tournament in Sinnoh.. its name escapes me. >_>; But it had some crazy great animation, especially for Zangoose, and I really did feel for Chimchar because of how scared it was of it due to past experiences. I mean.. check out this awesome screenshot!

1365959656703.jpg

Then there's Ash and Dawn's tag battle vs. Lyra and Khoury in DP147 "Bagged then Tagged" or "Satoshi and Hikari! Tag Battle!!" in Japanese. Akihiro Tamagawa is my favorite animation director so the fact that that they did the episode made it that much more amazing.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jul 14, 2014
Another good one was Ash and Cameron in the unova league quarterfinals. The battle between Pikachu and lucario after he evolved from riolu was epic!

Back