• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Wrecked Ruby

Which Pokémon will be your Starter?

• Pansage!

Votes: 30 41.1%
  • Pansear!

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • Panpour!

Votes: 20 27.4%

• Total voters

JimRaz0r

JimRaz0r
Years
Pokémon Wrecked Ruby
Experience Hoenn like never before! This ROM hack is based on the idea of traveling through Hoenn but with new Pokémon, trainers, and places to explore. With over 50 Pokémon added from Gens IV-VI, you can catch a more variety of Pokémon for your team! Choose your starter Pokémon: Pansage, Pansear, or Panpour!
Spoiler:
Screenshots!
X7GP0Ef.png
eVIFLTv.png
BosscZm.png

x2QhPyh.png
UmuU7u3.png
rXUExPo.png

phpMvml.png
hyjiwL4.png
Hd9Kol1.png

w6RwZBQ.png
rxP6V33.png
KvzBgXd.png

wRDvMKG.png
WVquMML.png
sNYtuFS.png

NCXDdTy.png
mbLF9MJ.png
sJ62W5p.png

5sCxBj4.png
LJUwanE.png
E4GNw6m.png

Wx685YI.png
qpX7Avu.png
ojzkXKl.png

yMCkDQB.png
RlqeIFj.png
geEFMpp.png

More Screenshots Coming Soon!
Hope you guys enjoy these pre-release screenshots of the Alpha version of the game! This ROM is still under heavy development so don't expect a download until the first full Beta, which hopefully can come in the next month or two. Do you want to help complete this ROM faster? PM me if you want to be a mapper, scripter, Pokémon editor, or even a Beta tester! Thanks for checking out my first ROM hack and if you are hyped for it please post down below!​
Team!
JimRaz0r - director, trainer editor, Pokémon editor, minor mapper
Gilbo5 - major mapper​
Want your name to be on the list of these credits? Please PM me if you are interested in making this ROM and tell me what you want to do to help!
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
The sprites are good, even though the mini sprites look very big.. Was that intentional? But I feel the need to ask though, will the story be changed as well? Anyways good luck :)

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Please tell me we have another option than teaching the starters cut.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Hi there, I notice that your thread was approved without a storyline (it shouldn't have been). If this hack includes the same story and/or scripts from Ruby, then it will be more suited to the Sideshow Showcase. If it has a new storyline, then we'll need you to add it to the opening post of the thread.

Get on that as soon as you can buddy, thanks, and best of luck with your project!

SuperChespinX

Play Pokemon Shiny Jewel
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 2, 2016
Hi buddy this is a great hack. If you made any help just ask me and I know that this game is going to be in top 10.

DoYouKnowHowToPokemon

noob rom hacker/beta tester
Years
hmmm..interesting choice of starters. Will they have better move pools? How about abilities, will it be default blaze,overgrow, etc like what starters normally have or will they have new ones?

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
Nice! Looking from the screenshots, I have a few questions... Where are you getting your 6th Gen sprites? The backsprite of Talonflame looks good in particular! On the Talonflame note, the backsprite seems to be cut off near the bottom... A bit of editing in Wichu's sprite editor would fix it! And the icons... beautiful... absolutely beautiful... Where did you get them...? Looking good, and I'll try it! ...I'd love to know where you got the icons... But nice job!

JimRaz0r

JimRaz0r
Years
Will there be any additions of new moves, abilities, presence of PSS. As well as Fairy type? Just askin :3

Some Pokémon will be altered in the future, but that's not my main goal right now. I wasn't planning on adding Fairy Type but if enough people like that idea, I'll look into it.

JimRaz0r

JimRaz0r
Years
So it seems quite a few of you are interested in Fairy types, I'll look into that although it might not be done before the first beta. The starters are probably not something you would see everyday but their stats and moves will be changed. Thanks for the feedback everybody!

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Interesting idea. I can't say I like much of your map edits, especially the wild Pokémon grass being in the towns (which has usually been a big no-no in the Pokémon franchise). I'm also sure that I won't be the first one to mention it but the 'icon' sprites being changed to, what I think are, the X/Y ones look horribly out of place. I may have to try it because I love R/S/E and it may have a nice, fresh feel to it with the new Pokémon additions.

GaryFreakingOak

8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
Years
I would like to go on record saying I would very much appreciate a Fairy type :D mainly for its gameplay balancing.

JimRaz0r

JimRaz0r
Years
Alright, the icons in the PC box are something I really want to explain. I know they might look a little out of place and a little weird for a GBA game. I really want to upgrade the icons to more "HD" feel as it is capable of doing so (like adding DS style sprites into GBA games). The icons you see in the box are ripped mini sprites from Pokémon Conquest. They do look big, I know, but I seem to like it a lot as it is something I haven't seen before in a ROM hack. But I have one question for you guys, If I were to update the sprites should I use the fancy X and Y sprites (which actually look fine in the game) or Pokémon Conquest/Mystery Dungeon sprites (which look huge but a little more HD)? Here are some comparisons below.

oSIysym.jpg

Groudon's origanal GBA sprites looks very bad in my opinion. The 6th gen one looks very fine and fits nicely in the game. The conquest one looks bigger, but has a more "HD" feel to it.

s4FynsK.jpg

Now Mightyena, the GBA one is kinda bad and the X and Y one looks pretty good too. But since Mightyena isn't in Pokémon Conquest I turn to the Mystery Dungeon sprite which looks big too but also has the conquest "HD" feel.

X and Y icons or Conquest/Mystery Dungeon? Please tell me because I like both and I wanted to see how to make my ROM unique by doing small things like this.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I think that the 3rd generation ones are fine, but if you are going to change I'd definitely use the 6th gen ones.

JimRaz0r

JimRaz0r
Years
Interesting idea. I can't say I like much of your map edits, especially the wild Pokémon grass being in the towns (which has usually been a big no-no in the Pokémon franchise). I'm also sure that I won't be the first one to mention it but the 'icon' sprites being changed to, what I think are, the X/Y ones look horribly out of place. I may have to try it because I love R/S/E and it may have a nice, fresh feel to it with the new Pokémon additions.

The icons are from Pokémon Conquest and I really wanted to try them all out (looking at a box full of them gives a better picture of what they look like together) and I've talked to our mapper about the grass being in towns and I think they will stay for now, but you are unable to battle Pokémon in them anyways because they're just for looks.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I personally wouldn't mind not seeing the Fairy type in this game, but I'd love to have the physical/special split!

Also, if you increase the stats and possibly movepools of the elemental monkeys, more people would use them, and less people would permabox them. Also, what about making Cut a Bug, Grass, Flying, or Steel typed move?

Back