• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Beach Challenge

✎ BlueFoxCreations

Developing Pokémon Alibi
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2017
    Update 1:
    Currently in Cold Storage, proper update unavailable due to how far I've got.

Team:
    Spoiler:

Years
    Wow... I was about to join this challenge and so, I started new game and I played... and played... and played... and won :D So, it was really nice speedrun :D

Here is my sign up:

Name: Janp
    Game: Pokemon Sapphire

And here is my "final update":

The Beach Challenge

and team:

The Pelican
    Pelican, the Naive Pelipper
    The Beach Challenge

lvl. 52, M, Keen Eye
    - Surf
    - Fly
    - Supersonic
    - Wing Attack

The Fish
    Dan, the Naive Relicanth
    The Beach Challenge

lvl. 50, M, Rock Head
    - Surf
    - Ancientpower
    - Yawn
    - Earthquake

The Sand Plant
    Jessie, the Impish Cacturne
    The Beach Challenge

lvl. 50, F, Sand Veil
    - Needle Arms
    - Pin Missile
    - Leech Seed
    - Faint Attack

The Dog
    Cat, the Gentle Manetric
    The Beach Challenge

lvl. 50, F, Lightingrod
    - Thunderbolt
    - Thunder Wave
    - Quick Attack
    - Bite

The Human
    Stein, the Relaxed Kadabra
    The Beach Challenge

lvl. 50, M, Synchronize
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball
    - Flash
    - Recover

Playing in the Sand
    Chick, the Quirky Blaziken
    The Beach Challenge

lvl. 61, M, Blaze
    - Blaze Kick
    - Peck
    - Cut
    - Sky Uppercut​

Well, for few notes about Gyms:
    - First two Gyms were piece of cake... Pelican beat both Leader almost alone
    - Third Gym was a little problem, but after short training, Chick beat that annoying Magneton
    - Next Gym, the Fire one, wasn't hard, thanks to Palican
    - Fifth Gym, the "Daddy" Gym was hard as always and it took me three tries but after all, beat that King Kong
    - Last three Gyms... Well, I don't have anything to say... I already had all members of my team and they were trained well, so there wasn't problem...
    - It was same with E4
    - And finally Steven... Metagross beat Cat, Dan, Jessie, Pelican and Stein... And all was on Chick... And it was epic :D

Years
    Trainer Huntres
    Badges: Boulder, Cascade, Soul, Volcano, -
    Currently: chilling on Two Island
    Team:
    Pelican
    Pelican the Gyarados
    55, M, Sassy, Intimidate,
    Tackle, rain dance, bite, twister
    Notes:
    I- HPFlying.
    II- No, seriously, I need to go over his moves

Dog
    Parrot the acranine
    55, F, Quiet, Flash Fire,
    Bite, extremespeed, flamethrower, odor sleuth
    Notes:
    I- HPFire
    II- The name is an in-joke, actually

Fish
    Macaroni the seadra
    55, M, Bashful, Swift Swim,
    HPIce, smokescreen, surf, twister
    Notes:
    I- still don't know if I am allowed to evolve him??? Gonna just evolve him at level 60 no matter.
    II- I decided to make it a name-theme (birds) and called him 'Penguin', but switched to 'Macaroni', which was actually my first impulse. He's a Macaroni Penguin.

Human
    Grebe the poliwrath
    55, F, Brave, Water Absorb,
    HPFlying, body slam, dig, Hydro Pump
    Notes:
    I- grebes are cute. Grebe is also cute, like her namesake.
    II- Still don't know if we'll replace Hydro Pump with Brick Break, likely will later.

Sandcastle
    Egret the kabutops
    55, F, Serious, Swift Swim,
    HPFlying, sand attack, slash, mud shot
    Notes:
    I- because how they hunt is a bit reminicent
    II- first kabuto was a girl, amazing.

Sandplant
    Cassowary the tangela
    57, M, Quiet, Chlorophyll,
    HPElectric, vine whip, sleep powder, growth
    Notes:
    I- Now, tangela aren't really what anyone would say as badass, but cassowary WIPED THE FLOOR with Blaine's whole gym... so... the name is a pretty good match as 'terrifying devil beast that lives amongst the vines'
    II- We don't know whether to replace sleep powder or growth with ingrain... probably growth?

HALF MY TEAM IS HPFLYING, WHY.
    Entire team, as it currently is, either has Amulet Coin or Leftovers. (depending on who is in battle and backup and what kinds of battle and such)
    Might need to come up with more items to give later, but eh. (1xAmulet coin, 2xleftovers does not a whole team cover)

Years
    I finally freed my Platinum rom so I can start playing ~ I have one question before I start though -Since I am not sure weather there is Pelipper in platinum or not can I pokegen one in? I really want to use one and it's the only pokemon that resembles Pelican - it will be legit don't worry- I won't make one with insane moveset or something like that.

Years
    AoTora, in Platinum wingull can be found pre-League in the following places:
    Routes 213 (grass/surfing), 219 (surfing), 220 (surfing), 221 (surfing), 222 (grass/surfing ), Fuego Ironworks (Grass), Sunyshore City (surfing), Iron Island(surfing), Pokémon League (surfing)

Wingull and/or pelipper can be found pre-league in RSE, DPP, B2W2 and XY, and pre-Red in HGSS (and also if you got the Event Course Sightseeing on the Pokewalker, but it was only in Japan and Korea, so unlikely)
    -~-

Decided we may as well put ingrain over growth, even though growth is potentially really useful- sleep powder is useful for keeping opponents off Cassowary's back for a move or two, so...

Last edited:
    Years
    Thankyou! I just remembered that (: So my team is going to be really interesting :3 I will probably go with Tangrowth (Ingrain), Pelipper, Houndoom and one of the eeveelutions, not sure about the rest of my team just yet :3

Back