• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Persona (series)

Years
I kind of wish Persona was more popular, but it is popular for a JRPG anyways.

I have only played 3 and 4, but i'll probably delve into future persona games. I don't know if I'll ever play the first two.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I kind of wish Persona was more popular, but it is popular for a JRPG anyways.
It's pretty popular. I mean, of the SMT franchise, it's more popular than any other branch and even the main games. And apart from that, ever since the "Golden Push" a few years ago (which was essentially the push to make Persona 4 Golden popular before release by pushing the franchise into the eyes of the mainstream by creating an anime and the original Persona 4 anime, as well as a Remix Soundtrack) the series has been pretty well known.

Years
It's pretty popular. I mean, of the SMT franchise, it's more popular than any other branch and even the main games. And apart from that, ever since the "Golden Push" a few years ago (which was essentially the push to make Persona 4 Golden popular before release by pushing the franchise into the eyes of the mainstream by creating an anime and the original Persona 4 anime, as well as a Remix Soundtrack) the series has been pretty well known.

Personally I don't know a lot of gamer friends that know Persona, though to be fair they don't know a lot about JRPGs aside from final fantasy.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I am, I'm really excited for that. And I really want that Teddy Punching Bag and Tarot Cards :q

...But there are so many games coming out this year that I don't know if I can ;_;
Yea, those tarot cards are absolute need :DD
I'm not sure if we get them in Europe, though :/

I know you didn't ask me about it, but I changed it to a Megathread for you!
Arigatou, nanodesuu~ =D

If you're curious though, if you click "Go Advanced" when editing your OP, you can change the prefix of your thread there. Hence, that's how one can change or add a prefix like say, the Megathread!
Oh... didn't know about it... :D

I have only played 3 and 4, but i'll probably delve into future persona games. I don't know if I'll ever play the first two.
You should =) At least the 2nd one as... there's one baddie that is so popular that he's still used =D

Personally I don't know a lot of gamer friends that know Persona, though to be fair they don't know a lot about JRPGs aside from final fantasy.
Obviously, if they are casual gamers, they won't know about it.
But among the JRPG players, it's a very popular series =D

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I realllllyyyy want to buy a Vita, and as soon as I do, a Persona game will be one of the first I buy. I've only ever played Devil Survivor games in the SMT series and thought they were great, so I'm sure I'll be a Person fan as well. 8)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I realllllyyyy want to buy a Vita, and as soon as I do, a Persona game will be one of the first I buy. I've only ever played Devil Survivor games in the SMT series and thought they were great, so I'm sure I'll be a Person fan as well. 8)
Oh, you'll like it. And since all of the Persona games are playable on the Vita, you'll be set. And don't worry about price, since rarely a day goes by where ATLUS doesn't hold a sale.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
For my first one, is it fine if I just go with Persona 4 Golden or is there another that I should pick up first? Or if it even matters because the DS ones aren't really related at all.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
You could start with P3P to know Igor a bit xD

Well... not quite :D Persona games are rarely on sale =D
P4G was in sale once... maybe? :D
Well if you want to know Igor you could start with any of them. Heck, in that case, it'd be better to start with the originals since they have Philemon.

And Atlus has been going on sale like crazy. Other than dropping the price of P4G like crazy, it's been on sale at least 3 times this year. People started making jokes like, "Man, I'd feel lucky if I managed to get this game at full price," and the like.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Well if you want to know Igor you could start with any of them. Heck, in that case, it'd be better to start with the originals since they have Philemon.
From what I've seen in P2, Igor wasn't there as much as in P3.
(Maybe because I didn't use Velvet Room as much... :D)

And Atlus has been going on sale like crazy. Other than dropping the price of P4G like crazy, it's been on sale at least 3 times this year. People started making jokes like, "Man, I'd feel lucky if I managed to get this game at full price," and the like.
Oh, so it was probably on USA store.

Back