• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Version 6 {PROTAGONIST OVERWORLD SPRITES RELEASED}

Do you like my newly-presented fakemons?

• Yes, I do! They are awesome! You are a true genius! I'll start worshipping you from now on <3

Votes: 53 48.2%
  • Yes. I want to see more to be sure though...

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • NO! This is fucking shit! kill yourself! (the last part is only optionnal :x)

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • No. I am not into fakemons at all...

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • Don't care. You left us. You and your hack are DEAD TO ME!

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • state_of_pokemon_6_adress___hack_thread_update_by_dragon_du_22-d8lt8e1.png

gba_pkmn_hack__pokemon_6_logo_by_dragon_du_22-d8a9dcr.png

a Pokémon FireRed Hack by MrMacBeth First one actually...

Introduction:

Hello to everyone and welcome to my first ever hack presentation thread! (so exciting, isn't it?) Please let me introduce my work in progress: Pokémon version 6 (I guess it would be named "6 Edition" in English), based on Pokémon FireRed. My objective here is to make a hack that's challenging without ever being unfair to the player. To do so, I didn't want to fall into the obvious trap of irrelevant level gaps, so I balanced the stats and movesets of often overlooked Pokémon somewhat, implemented a handful of fakemon and of course gave strategically built and balanced teams to crucial characters. Finally, even outside of the battlefield, I tried (time will tell if I succeeded) to diversify the puzzles and make them harder than in actual Pokémon games. Doing so, I am actually expecting the player to never feel safe in this world and consequently to invest oneself more deeply in the storyline, which is everything but kind-hearted (don't misunderstand me: there will be both drama and humour, but don't expect the latter not to be based on pure nastiness and/or bad taste). To sum it up, I might have too high expectations, but who knows? I might be able to pull it off and stay committed until the end!

You could have collected badges, defied the Pokémon League and maybe become Champion, like a few chosen ones.
    288548Heros.gif

Player Characters

807561violette.gif

Violette

But it went wrong right from the start, when you and your childhood friend, Violette, were sent on your journey and were soon confronted by members of the Amethyst Cult. Even though those guys had been mocked for years for their shaky beliefs, they recently took a turn for the worse, becoming more and more active and violent. Maybe it had something to do with the recent unexplained surge of Ghost-type Pokémon and with those so called "purple rifts" rumours were going on about...

656626Sanstitre32.gif

Amethyst Cult Grunts and Logo

And to top it off, instead of being [COLOR=#0]exclusively accompanied by Violette in your quest, as you expected, fate brought upon you the presence of THOSE TWO JERKS the professors asked you to rescue in the fang creek to start your adventure... Obnoxiousness at its finest...
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0]
    734823MBetMoraude.gif
    [/COLOR]

"THOSE TWO JERKS" aka Moraude and MacBeth

[COLOR=#0] Explore a region filled with history of war, politics, superstitions and mysteries in order to "be the very best"[/COLOR][COLOR=#0] (and if possible shake off your nuisances of companions...)! [/COLOR]

Features:
    • Discover the region of Methora, an [COLOR=#0]eclectic[/COLOR] land. From the icy peaks of Palciel to the fields of red grass of Schwarzhul to the paradox of Platineth, torn between technology and traditions, you will never get the impression of visiting the same place twice!

• Face the challenge of a game thought to be nuzlocked by top trainers!

• Introducing about 100 brand new Pokémon as well as balancing those already existing (chosen from Gen 1 to 6)
    gba_pkmn_hack__pokemon_6___random_fakemons_by_dragon_du_22-d89gylh.png

Examples of fakemon

• Two new types added to the original rom: the always-necessary Fairy type and a mysterious one created just for this game, with very, VERY limited distribution!

• 10 badges to collect, kept by ferocious gym leaders, having powerful, strategically built teams at their disposal!
    • And many others (physical/special split, etc...)...
    Screenshots:

gba_pkmn_hack__pokemon_6___screenshot_selection_by_dragon_du_22-d8a9kdf.jpg

Fakemon:

I'm aware that some people are [COLOR=#0]circumspect regarding the use of fakemon in fangames, especially from a quality standpoint. Let me put your minds at ease by showcasing some of the lovely creatures: [/COLOR]
    pys1_by_dragon_du_22-d8lthzl.png
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    pys4_by_dragon_du_22-d8ltily.png

gba_pokemon_hack__pokemon_6___frigid_damsels_by_dragon_du_22-d8la3xa.png

gba_pkmn_hack__pokemon_6___morbid_mask_wearers_by_dragon_du_22-d8l3gvy.png

gba_pkmn_hack_pokemon_6_lanterns_n__lizards__fkmn__by_dragon_du_22-d8hz0o7.png

To see more, please check my Fakedex (in the spoiler) or even my DA Page (link at the end of this post)

[COLOR=#0]
    Spoiler:
    [/COLOR]
    Maps:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Support signature:
    sans_titre_41_by_dragon_du_22-d8aboio.gif

S
    pecial Thanks
    :
    xGal for taking care of musical issues in my stead.
    Daniils for helping me learn ASM
    OmeOmeriee, for letting me use his Froslass sprite.

C
    onclusion
    :
    Here you go! I hope some of you will be interested in my project! Any help would be welcome!

PS: Please, excuse my English. As you can see on my avatar, I'm French and I am consequently terrible at foreign languages.
    PPS: You can visit my DeviantArt page for more (http://dragon-du-22.deviantart.com/)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Wow this hack looks really nice. Like TheRealOCD said the maps look amazing. I also like the character sprites. They look like they could be from a real Pokemon game. Your Fakemon look nice too although the ones that look like Vespiquen, Gardevoir, and Deoxys are bugging me but that's probably just my fault.

I'm excited for the challenge and I hope you are able to finish this.

Years
  • The one that looks like vespiqueen is actually her evolution and the gardevoir-looking one is the mega form of a third alternative evolution of kirlia. So the look alike feeling is definitely voluntary ;)

For the third one, however, I just realized the resemblance right now... I will have to do something about that ^^'

PS: They are all made from scratch though.

Last edited:
    Years
  • The one that looks like vespiqueen is actually her evolution and the gardevoir-looking one is the mega form of a third alternative evolution of kirlia. So the look alike feeling is definitely voluntary ;)

For the third one, however, I just realized the resemblance right now... I will have to do something about that ^^'

Lol I like how your adding new evolutions and I'm glad I could help. :)

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Really Great! I mean its great!
    I love custom sprites and this game looks super good the maps have no errors the fakemon are good and i love challenges. I have some things u may want to include in starter post or just answer for me.
    To what gen will pokemon be from example gen 1 to gen 6 which is all.
    Will there be mega evoltutions?
    Fairy type pokemon?
    Is there a nuzlocke mode? (Some of my favorite games are automatically in nuzlocke mode :))
    Btw i saw ur adding new evolutions add that to the top post because its amazing and itll definately attract people who like fakemon!
    Good luck and this is being added to my list of support!

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Wow. You're quite good at spriting, and your maps look great!

I look forward to seeing how you do when you work on the scripting.

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • A Wiccan pentagram o.O

To be honest I don't like when the people use a maps with custom style tiles and the default style, looks weird, but your maps looks ok.

And I like the purple palletes of the hack, gives a really creepy style, btw good look!

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
    Years
  • God, I can already see potential in this. This looks pretty sweet for your first hack. Looks like you did alot of planning.

Can't wait for more!

also, oh my god, is one of the fakemon a NEW DEOXYS?

Years
  • Fun Size:As I said in my starter thread, any help is appreciated :D
    What can you do?

Dedenne1: 1)Thanks a lot for the kind words!
    2) Most of your question are answered in my post, but np, i will precise ;)
    a) there will be fakemons and pokemons FROM ALL 6 generations, but only selected ones, considering that I don't know how to increase the max number but if someone has a good tutorial about going beyond 386 pokes (+25), I'm interested!

b) Yes, there is mega evolutions (official and invented), but they are treated as regular evolutions, which means there will be only one evolutionnary stone of this kind in the game, to keep the limit from 6th gen of 1 mega per party.

c) Yes, Fairy type is here as well as another custom type, with VERY limited distribution.

d) No nuzlocke mode, because I don't know if it's possible on GBA, but if it is I WANT A TUTORIAL, BECAUSE IT WOULD BE A DREAM COME TRUE!

e) I will add that to the feature paragraph ;)

f) thanks for adding my hack to your list of support. means a lot to me!

Itari: As I said, the esthetics part is what i like most about hacking, so it's always a pleasure to read that ;)
    As far as scripting goes, I will have to learn it more extensively, but I'm rather confident so far... so far...

G0ld: a) a pentagram for bad guys, seems legit!
    b) I actually wanted to change the tiles for the Pkmn center and the shop, but my tilesets were already filled to the brim, so, I guess it will have to remain this way, sorry!
    c) With a ghost type being the main legendary of my game, it felt appropriate. Moreover, I like when the menus, etc... are coherent color-wise. makes me think of Persona ^^

Actually, here is an artwork i just finished of the foresaid legendary. It's not great, but I will work on it ;)

677299bigbigamphoetus.gif

"Korean-named person": I actually did a lot of planning!It had been a long time I wanted to do my own hack, so I had time to think about it and HERE IT IS!

Joltjolteon: Thanks (sorry not to be more original here ~_~)!

Also love your pokemon saiken hack btw.

Last edited:

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Fun Size:As I said in my starter thread, any help is appreciated :D
    What can you do?

Dedenne1: 1)Thanks a lot for the kind words!
    2) Most of your question are answered in my post, but np, i will precise ;)
    a) there will be fakemons and pokemons FROM ALL 6 generations, but only selected ones, considering that I don't know how to increase the max number but if someone has a good tutorial about going beyond 386 pokes (+25), I'm interested!

b) Yes, there is mega evolutions (official and invented), but they are treated as regular evolutions, which means there will be only one evolutionnary stone of this kind in the game, to keep the limit from 6th gen of 1 mega per party.

c) Yes, Fairy type is here as well as another custom type, with VERY limited distribution.

d) No nuzlocke mode, because I don't know if it's possible on GBA, but if it is I WANT A TUTORIAL, BECAUSE IT WOULD BE A DREAM COME TRUE!

e) I will add that to the feature paragraph ;)

f) thanks for adding my hack to your list of support. means a lot to me!

Itari: As I said, the esthetics part is what i like most about hacking, so it's always a pleasure to read that ;)
    As far as scripting goes, I will have to learn it more extensively, but I'm rather confident so far... so far...

G0ld: a) a pentagram for bad guys, seems legit!
    b) I actually wanted to change the tiles for the Pkmn center and the shop, but my tilesets were already filled to the brim, so, I guess it will have to remain this way, sorry!
    c) With a ghost type being the main legendary of my game, it felt appropriate. Moreover, I like when the menus, etc... are coherent color-wise. makes me think of Persona ^^

Actually, here is an artwork i just finished of the foresaid legendary. It's not great, but I will work on it ;)

677299bigbigamphoetus.gif

"Korean-named person": I actually did a lot of planning!It had been a long time I wanted to do my own hack, so I had time to think about it and HERE IT IS!

*Firstly just so u know on the bottom of every post is the little quote button that can quote a message in the thread directly as im doing now also theres a button that looks like 4 boxes for multiple quotes. :)

Ik for a fact there is a way to increase the pokedex above that number i cant say ik for sure on firered hacks but i believe there is one.
    Theres ways to make a nuzlocke mode well its not a "mode" in hacks but by different coding you can make the pokemon "die" after a certain amount of faints i dont remeber what hack it was in where my machop died after 4 faints and i was like whatttttt? In atomic reactors "game" not hack he has a nuzlocke based system i believe similar were after a certain amount your pokemon will essentially "die".

Anyways...
    Really a new type? Thats so cool!
    I dont 109% even if you can insert all pokemon recommend it haha i think just some legends and a good amount of pokemon from other regions like u said hand picked :)
    Idk if this in the above post but are the starters u choose from(i believe u choose starters haha) fakemon? Thats usually the best and most fun XD
    YAY Megas! And Custom? Wow this is just a great hack haha :)
    Np its in my list (in my bio because its too big for anywere else) and im like picky on anything i put in there so your is just that great :p

Smeargle

Illusory
    Years
  • Very interesting, I like the stories concept and the ideas for the hack.
    The custom art looks well done too, You seem to be pretty far into developement as far as mapping goes. Are all of the cities you've shown complete with events?

Years
  • Very interesting, I like the stories concept and the ideas for the hack.
    The custom art looks well done too, You seem to be pretty far into developement as far as mapping goes. Are all of the cities you've shown complete with events?

Well... All the mapping of the cities is done, but I have to redo some of them which dont satisfy me anymore.

Regarding the events, I know what I want, where I want, but it still has to be done.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
    Support signature added to the introducing message.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2016

To be fair I was in a hurry, so i didn't said too much too, haha

I have time now, so I'll say/ask a few things:

1) Why the title of the hack is Version 6?

2) The purple rifts reminds me a lot of the cracks in space and time from Doctor Who. Are they related in some way?

3) The trees from bourg violet are looking amazing! But the inverted ones are bugging me a little, i think the change in color are enough to differentiate each other. Same for the ones from Nouvelle Adélie, although they contribute for the simetry on certain places.

4) Speaking of Nouvelle Adélie, I really like the artistic feeling of it! Specially the piano stage. Perhaps you plan an event for this part of the town?

5)
    656626Sanstitre32.gif

The "A" reminds me of the Avengers logo. Very cool.

6) The fakémon looks incredible too, specially the alternate kirlia evolution.

Again, I wish you all of the luck. This project has big potential! And i'm glad you like my hack too, haha

Years
  • To be fair I was in a hurry, so i didn't said too much too, haha

I have time now, so I'll say/ask a few things:

1) Why the title of the hack is Version 6?

Many reasons, but the most crucial one is that it sounds cool to me and is actually my favorite number (for some reason) ^^
    Story-wise, the number 6 more or less represents "evil" ("number of the beast" and other freakingly cliché things :P ) and also kinda looks like my title legendary (being a foetus with an umbilical cord). Finally, I was also thinking of dividing my story in 6 acts, much like a play.

2) The purple rifts reminds me a lot of the cracks in space and time from Doctor Who. Are they related in some way?

Even though I'm a Whovian, No. The inspiration, at least estheticly speaking, comes actually more from the midnight channel in Persona 4. However, just like all the fictionnal metaphysical rifts, it will indeed bring the player and those falling inside somewhere else. where? you will seeeee...

(Not a fan of the beginnings of Matt Smith and consequently of the time-and-space crack storyline.)

3) The trees from bourg violet are looking amazing! But the inverted ones are bugging me a little, i think the change in color are enough to differentiate each other. Same for the ones from Nouvelle Adélie, although they contribute for the simetry on certain places.

I thought the same, but when you actually are on the emulator, it really adds depth to the small part of the world you see on your screen. Just a very personal opinion though ^^

4) Speaking of Nouvelle Adélie, I really like the artistic feeling of it! Specially the piano stage. Perhaps you plan an event for this part of the town?

The artsy feeling is absolutely the theme of this city, glad to like it. Originally, it was supposed to be centered on Drama only, but grew into that, much to my satisfaction!

5)
    656626Sanstitre32.gif

The "A" reminds me of the Avengers logo. Very cool.

Don't expect to save the world though, you might be disappointed...

6) The fakémon looks incredible too, specially the alternate kirlia evolution.

Again, I wish you all of the luck. This project has big potential! And i'm glad you like my hack too, haha

Thanks a lot, but it's actually a shame I can't show my favorite ones, because they are important story-wise and I still want to build mystery :P

I think I fell in love. Yea expect this on my channel when its done oh my lord.

Would be a pleasure consedering I'm one of your suscribers!

PS: is your Showdown name "sacredfirenegr0¨, because if it is, I think I add a NU match with you some time ago? ^^

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    This looks like the kind of hack I would make love too. When it's done, I'll play it for the rest of my life.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back