• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
  • Yes. I am using an android device and I don't think that I've ever used senspace before on it. Perhaps it's not supported. I may have to get it on my computer and then use dropbox or something.

Ya, that's a good idea! Hope you can get it working.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Hey everyone, I started a Facebook page for the hack. I will probably post more updates there, so please give it a like:

I'm working on the Bound for Trouble event, but took some time to add some new sprites (much better Danny sprite will be included in the new beta lol).

Nice, I liked it :3

By the way, I patched it but it still doesn't work. Could you help me please?

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    Hey I probably shouldn't ask this but, can I use the MrDS base rom along with this, or will it turn bad?
    It's just that I like a lot of thing of that roomsbase... and I like this a lot too

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey I probably shouldn't ask this but, can I use the MrDS base rom along with this, or will it turn bad?
    It's just that I like a lot of thing of that roomsbase... and I like this a lot too

I don't think it's wise, I tried it as a base with other roms and the dialogue was messed up due to the fact the MrDS rombase works off vanilla fire red if anything. It doesn't appear to play nice with any other rom hack. This sucks because I've no idea if Metapod will add a phys/spec split which is almost necessary in many cases for most pokemon (not to mention new moves), plus due to the moves metapod enables in this hack (snorlax with ice punch or Pikachu with Volt Tackle) this is vital. Plus some pokemon only saw usability with a number of abilities that became available in the games since 4th gen like Spearow's Sniper or Unaware/Magic Guard Clefable, and likewise the fairy type changed things for the better as well.

Sadly unless Metapod were to ask for help for a variation of the rombase it's doubtful we'll see anything like that. I wont completely disregard the possibility he might but in general I don't think applying MrDS base to this is gonna work out much.

TD013

8 badges in Kanto, I have 10
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2022
    Hey, everyone. I recently started plugging away at the next beta. Its release will be determined by how long it takes me to complete the 2nd movie event, but I'm making progress!

Here's a screenshot from The Mystery Menace event, including new tiles for the sewer:
    Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Thanks for your continued support!

Great to see you're still working on this. I like the continued determination. Keep it up.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2022
    I wasn't here for a while. Since then I see, there's going to be another beta! :) Finally. I'm hoping it would be there before summertime comes.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I'm so happy we're finally getting a new beta! :D I was wondering if you've found a way to let Pikachu, Misty and Brock/Tracey follow you around yet? It's not really an anime adventure if the other characters aren't getting their due. This is an amazing hack, however. :D I haven't played it yet. I'm waiting for it to be done.

Have you ever considered expanding to the first 274 episodes and five movies? The original series? I think that would be a great endeavor! Especially the third movie! :D

Svas0000

Svas0000
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2016
    Will the new beta will be released or have u closes it .. I am just asking. .

Last edited:
    Back