• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2022
    I'm not a big fan of the placement of the Pokemon details.. it seems rather haphazard. That said, I'm assuming it's spread out like that to utilize as much of the screen's real estate as you can. I do like that your GUI is visually consistent, though - that ties everything together pleasantly.

Yeah, I'm not really certain of it either. It's just with the screen size it's really rather difficult to make a good design that will still be consistent with everything. Thanks for your comments!

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2022
    Since I found a surprisingly easy way to do it (by accident trying to do something else entirely), I've been playing around with the idea of a dual-screen since this would allow the screen to stay relatively clear and keep all of the nonsense on the bottom half.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • Since I found a surprisingly easy way to do it (by accident trying to do something else entirely), I've been playing around with the idea of a dual-screen since this would allow the screen to stay relatively clear and keep all of the nonsense on the bottom half.
    Spoiler:

Well the bottom half of the screen looks all white to me haha, so the only thing I could comment on would be that the sidewalk path you're using has the corners all messed up, they don't continue to make an "L" shape

Years
  • Since I found a surprisingly easy way to do it (by accident trying to do something else entirely), I've been playing around with the idea of a dual-screen since this would allow the screen to stay relatively clear and keep all of the nonsense on the bottom half.
    Spoiler:

One thing to consider is the screen size itself. With a dual screen in Essentials, you can't play in the Large screen size option because it goes past the boundaries of your monitor.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2022
    One thing to consider is the screen size itself. With a dual screen in Essentials, you can't play in the Large screen size option because it goes past the boundaries of your monitor.

With the vast majority of users sporting monitors of a resolution bigger than 1024x768 I don't believe this to be an issue. If they have a monitor smaller than that, chances are the hardware would not be capable of running the game at all to begin with.

I personally dislike dual-screen mode. Maybe an option to enable / disable could be nice?

Nice maybe but impractical and nearly triples the workload. For a single person this is massive, even moreso with a project like this.

Well the bottom half of the screen looks all white to me haha, so the only thing I could comment on would be that the sidewalk path you're using has the corners all messed up, they don't continue to make an "L" shape

I thought it was supposed to be like that because oddly enough the tileset didn't come with the corner tiles! I might have to simply edit some tiles and make them myself, haha.

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
    Years
  • I have some new screenshots to show off for the upcoming Beta 1.0 for Pokemon Crimson Skies! I'm hoping to have the beta up by this weekend, or next weekend by latest.

New Trainer Mug shots, credits go to Sam24
    Spoiler:

A sleeping Snorlax? I wonder what type of Flute you will need to awaken it...
    Spoiler:

And the inside of the fifth Gym, the Ice-type Gym.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2022
    I have some new screenshots to show off for the upcoming Beta 1.0 for Pokemon Crimson Skies! I'm hoping to have the beta up by this weekend, or next weekend by latest.

New Trainer Mug shots, credits go to Sam24
    Spoiler:

The boy in both of the shots looks really badly shaded and his eyes are copy pasted, which looks rather disturbing. The other two are nice though, and your mapping is pretty good for the style!

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

Why should he switch to 4th gen overworlds? Look at the size of the doors, they are made for 3rd gen sized sprites.

The map looks pretty solid, I would add shadows under the player and NPCs but that's just me.

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    The map is good but you mixed 3rd gen water with 4th gen tiles, and you should switch to 4th gen overworlds.

Why should he switch to 4th gen overworlds? Look at the size of the doors, they are made for 3rd gen sized sprites.

The map looks pretty solid, I would add shadows under the player and NPCs but that's just me.

screen_by_sera_hs-d8i9xd3.png

re did map, because my pc crashed, looks good tho
    Fixed the water, and added shadows.
    Not using 4th gen, because I'm trying to stick with a 3rd gen style.

Last edited:

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
    Years
  • Why should he switch to 4th gen overworlds? Look at the size of the doors, they are made for 3rd gen sized sprites.

Cause they match the 4th gen tiles he is using. 3rd gen OW are usually used for 3rd gen styled games.

screen_by_sera_hs-d8i9xd3.png

re did map, because my pc crashed, looks good tho
    Fixed the water, and added shadows.
    Not using 4th gen, because I'm trying to stick with a 3rd gen style.

Water looks much better, i would still personally update to 4th gen OW but its fine with 3rd gen.

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    Cause they match the 4th gen tiles he is using. 3rd gen OW are usually used for 3rd gen styled games.

Water looks much better, i would still personally update to 4th gen OW but its fine with 3rd gen.

But they're not gen 4 tiles.
    They're gen 3 styled. But remade from Gen 4, so they're not actually gen 4.

All the buildings will be gen 3 style, the whole thing will be gen 3 style.

Blastedoise

"...Too bad, though. ...It's all over now. ♪ ...Th
    Years
  • Created with my Team: Note this was tested with the debug of course they won't have a Grass Battle-back.
    dkVAuaP.png

Also:
    Spoiler:

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    Created with my Team: Note this was tested with the debug of course they won't have a Grass Battle-back.
    dkVAuaP.png

Also:
    Spoiler:

THe sprites are great!! They really resemble the ORAS Shots.

But, the Viridian Forest should go in the Map showcase, shouldn't it?

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
    Years
  • Playing around with the layout of the dialog boxes in-game before committing time to GUI assets. The portraits for Gio and Hector are not placeholder, but the dialog box itself is. I was going for something vaguely similar to the Persona series in aesthetic.

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    a1c1e701c766d7566bd2aa53fc473e75_500.png

Started mapping on CherryGrove City for my game.
    Doing what Gen V did and combining the PC and Mart together.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back