• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
  • Those are the episodes I've completed for the next beta. They will be in beta 4.5 but aren't available yet as I'm still playing through the game to test it and fix glitches.

Dear god metapod you're making me hang on the edge of my seat for this next release... Its been two years since 4.2 D:

Years
  • Í have a problem and im wondering if anyone could help me.

Im playing Pokemon hacks on a real GBA (with GBA super SD card).
    Currently im playing pokemon Ash Gray 4,2 and im in the orange island. There is a glitch and i can only continue if i use a 'walkthrough walls' cheat.
    But how i do i use cheats on a super sd card ???

I would appriciate the help. (=

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • Í have a problem and im wondering if anyone could help me.

Im playing Pokemon hacks on a real GBA (with GBA super SD card).
    Currently im playing pokemon Ash Gray 4,2 and im in the orange island. There is a glitch and i can only continue if i use a 'walkthrough walls' cheat.
    But how i do i use cheats on a super sd card ???

I would appriciate the help. (=

Not exactly sure if this is the correct place for this.. But, I may as well tell you. You'd have to have a GBA Gameshark. You'd have to enter in a walk through walls code, then go to Ash Gray and activate it. However I'm not sure if they ever made A Gameshark SP Walk through walls code for FireRed though, I know they did for Emerald (You code probably make a code though :P). There is also the option to use a GBA Action replay, which I'm pretty sure has a firered walk through walls code. GBA Super card does not have built in cheats, so yeah, you have to use one of those.

P.S. EZ Flash IV is the way to go, not GBA Super card :P

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    wow sweet, glad to hear you took the light ball suggestion to consideration. Even if there is no modern 4th gen phys/special split that alone can help to make the Light Ball actually useful.

Years
  • Hey I Was Just Wondering Will i Need Touras for Any Event in Future ?

You dont "need" any specific pokemon to complete the game. You can use whatever pokemon you want.
    But no event happend with Tauros. At least not until the Orange Islands. I dont know if there is a Tauros event there.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    hello, im playing your game and i have hit a huge glitch. im at tangelo island, and every time i go into the buidling, or whatever you want to call it, i hit a MAJOR glitch. it says aqk over and over again. or it just freezes. what is wrong?

ROBO-BOY

The Monkey Man
    Years
  • hello, im playing your game and i have hit a huge glitch. im at tangelo island, and every time i go into the buidling, or whatever you want to call it, i hit a MAJOR glitch. it says aqk over and over again. or it just freezes. what is wrong?

So I'm pretty sure we all faced this problem when 4.2 came out. The bug is from 4.2, so you have to patch in the 4.0 patch to top the bug.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2015
    hello, im playing your game and i have hit a huge glitch. im at tangelo island, and every time i go into the buidling, or whatever you want to call it, i hit a MAJOR glitch. it says aqk over and over again. or it just freezes. what is wrong?

use the firered walk through walls action replay code and walk through that area.

AshKetchumisnumber1

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • Hi so I haven't posted here in quite awhile.. Long story short is I've been just too preoccupied with other stuff, and forgot about this hack for like til just yesterday so sorry Metapod. Anyways, I was reading through the start of this thread earlier tonight (earlier being about a few minutes ago), anyways I found the link for The official Pokemon Ash Gray Facebook Page. I went to check it out, and found out that the page has might of been taking down or something. As I am not aware of whether or not this is a mistake by Meta, just am pointing this out so the page owner, which I'm assuming is Meta can check it out. Anyways that is all. Signing off is Ash Ketchum(pokemonmaster42)- remember Gotta Catch 'em All. https://www.facebook.com/officalepiashgray

Last edited:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Hi so I haven't posted here in quite awhile.. Long story short is I've been just too preoccupied with other stuff, and forgot about this hack for like til just yesterday so sorry Metapod. Anyways, I was reading through the start of this thread earlier tonight (earlier being about a few minutes ago), anyways I found the link for The official Pokemon Ash Gray Facebook Page. I went to check it out, and found out that the page has might of been taking down or something. As I am not aware of whether or not this is a mistake by Meta, just am pointing this out so the page owner, which I'm assuming is Meta can check it out. Anyways that is all. Signing off is Ash Ketchum(pokemonmaster42)- remember Gotta Catch 'em All.

Sorry, the link in the first post was wrong. I edited it. The correct link is:

https://www.facebook.com/officialpokemonashgray

A brief update: I have very nearly completed beta testing the entire game and updating little glitches along the way. The new beta should be out soon.

AshKetchumisnumber1

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • Sorry, the link in the first post was wrong. I edited it. The correct link is:

https://www.facebook.com/officialpokemonashgray

A brief update: I have very nearly completed beta testing the entire game and updating little glitches along the way. The new beta should be out soon.

Ah that's okay about the link, and very awesome to hear about the game man! Good luck and if you ever need advice on any future game hacks if you do any, or somebody to beta test it on the side when you're busy. Please feel free to let me know.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2018
    Sorry, the link in the first post was wrong. I edited it. The correct link is:

First time poster here, just wanted to say awesome job on the hack you've got a great gift to make all that stuff on your own time. I've recently kind of had a pokemon nostalgia craving lately, and just finishing up school in May I've kind of wanted to go back to playhing what I loved as a kid so I've been playing a lot of Pokemon games I used to play like the Gen 1 and Gen 2 games. Also tried to get into the newer gens even though I'm not as familiar. I enjoyed this hack because it took me back to watching the anime as a kid, it's amazing how accurate the hack was. Just felt the need to say awesome job on your work.

Back