• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Rumble World - Free To Play!

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/04/01/pokemon-rumble-world-announced-free-to-play-on-3ds

In the april 1st direct, nintendo announced the latest installment in the pokemon rumble series. It will include over 700 pokemon to fight with and will also support Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversal. It will also be free to play, and will use a Pok? Diamond currency in order to access more areas via a hot air balloon. These can be obtained by finishing certain quests, through StreetPass or bought with money through the Nintendo eShop.

Are you going to download it? Do you think this will work in a F2P environment? Are you worried about the direction the Pok?mon series is taking, with this being the 2nd F2P Pok?mon game on the eShop?

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Hmm even pokemon shuffle isn't enough to run a freemium base game. What's gotten into Nintedo going freemium. that is ridiculously horrible

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I was never too fond of Pokémon Rumble series, in all honesty, so I'm unsure if I'm actually looking forward to its release or not, nor if I'm going to wind up downloading this game. As for the direction that they're taking, releasing free-to-play games likely wouldn't have any negative effect on them, I feel. If anything, it'd be more positive, as it'd give us opportunity to play Pokémon if we've never tried our hands on this series before (spin-off titles might not allow us to see how main ones are like, but they do help give us a little taste).

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • I played Rumble Blast and quite enjoyed it so I will probably download this Rumble, for no reason other than that it's free. But I will never pay out for anything in it. Like Shuffle.

I'm still trying to decide whether this Pay to Win system is a good idea. Part of me thinks from a money making POV it is. There are people who pay out for the extra goes or jewels or whatever, and that just means money to Nintendo. So yeah, they're not making 40+ currency every purchase, but the possibility of people paying out X amount every couple of weeks for extra goes is a possibility. I'm interested in whether or not it actually is making them money, but if the pay system works for Candy Crush then it will work for Nintendo, I think...

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    when I saw pokemon shuffle, I really liked it. For no other reason then I enjoy a puzzle game now and then. However the transactions are starting to drive me crazy because I don't refuse to use any power ups.
    As for rumble, it doesn't really seem like my kind of game. But I might download it just as a time waster. I mean... why not? But I probably won't get it when it first comes out.
    I'm not really super impressed with pokemon going freemium. I mean, I was okay with it until the latest shuffle stages were added. which were just pushing transactions in your face. Once it gets to the point of making the game less fun, I get upset.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • It's not only the second, but it is following immediately after the first one. It makes one wonder if GF/Nintendo will do paid DLC for the main series...since DLC is a trend.

Years
  • Never was interested in Rumble and I can see the F2P aspect being a little much for me.. already have Shuffle to deal with, heh. And that game is becoming near impossible without using powerups towards later levels. Will most likely pass on Rumble again as usual.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Okay, I did not expect Pokemon Rumble World to be this easy.

I mean, I just started Pokemon Rumble Blast when a friend of mine sold me his unused copy, and I grew addicted... really addicted actually. But I had occasional losses here and there. So far, the bosses got defeated too easily, and apparently you auto attack as well so less need to aim yay.

But eh... it's a fun way to pass the time, I'll give Nintendo credit for that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Anyone find a list online to what Pokemon won't be in it? I too am downloading it just because it's free, but I was just wondering if there was anything online about which Pokemon weren't in the game

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    I just downloaded it today. I was surprised how quickly I got addicted. It's not difficult by any stretch of the imagination, but I love collecting all the different pokemon and their moves. The game is actually pretty cute and a good time waster. especially once you have a few different balloons. Really surprised how much I like it. and more importantly, so far I'm getting through the game just fine without micro transactions. Nothing like pokemon shuffle that had started to drive me crazy!

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    Anyone find a list online to what Pokemon won't be in it? I too am downloading it just because it's free, but I was just wondering if there was anything online about which Pokemon weren't in the game
    serebii is currently making a list of pokemon that WILL be in it. but I think it's safe to assume pokemon like shaymin and darkrai won't be there.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Free to play games that aren't demos are always kinda.. iffy. That being said, I really do love playing pokemon rumble in general, and I think it's been released sometime today? So, I think I'll go ahead and try it out soon, and I won't expect much except it being really easy, haha.

But we'll see! If it's addicting, then, it will serve it's purpose; I hope that they will put in stuff for it like in the free to play pokemon puzzle game too, which again wasn't bad, but, I hope that they don't pull that 30 min wait time on this game too.. ugh.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Also do a quick google search as they are currently giving away Pancham and Smeargle via serial code (sorry I don't have a link at the moment, I'm on my phone and it's a hassle to switch browser screens)

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I found the codes thanks to Reddit!

NA: Pancham — 18294319
    Smeargle — 18014401

EU: Pancham — 24197410
    Smeargle — 35325215

--

I played this game for a little while after downloading it, and it's really kind of simple to play through. It's the perfect game for me to pop open and waste a few minutes just hitting the A button while trying to fill out the game's Pokedex.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I hope that they don't pull that 30 min wait time on this game too.. ugh.

It's worse lol. The balloons can inflate around 15 minutes to a few hours. But really, I think it's the best way to keep me from getting too addicted and play every half an hour lol.

But man, the world levels up faster than you'd expected. I mean, I got a Punchy Ponyta with 2 great moves and it was my ace, and now it's getting tipped off everywhere. That Pancham and Smeargle are completely useless to me now, but eh... freebies. :T

Also, my dumb luck always gives me the worst stage in any Fever mode. Like, I got Talonflame out of Delphox and Charizard, and then the only 1* stage out of the 3* and 2* with the 3* stage having a Latios on it, boo. :C

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    the whole timing your pressing the A button to get to a certain island is starting to drive me insane. There are islands I've completely finished and then one I just can never seem to land on... so I end up getting super strong litleo but not even a chance at charizard. Feels like this machanic was put in just to pressure people to buy diamonds to choose their destination and then also to drag out the game play.

For anyone else playing... are you enjoying it so far? What's your prized pokemon right now? Mines a darmanitan. but my companion is a rapidash.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Cherrim told me that the Petilil in this game are beasts, so I guess I have to try it now. I still haven't even touched Shuffle. But hey, free is free and even if I don't enjoy it, there's not too much room for complaining since I don't have to spend money on it.

I've never played a Rumble game actually, so curious to see how this one is...maybe. lol

Years
  • I just downloaded it, more to see what it was like than anything else. I've never actually played a rumble game before, heh.

It's...decent? A nice little fast-paced game to pass the time, definitely. I haven't seen any part of it yet that's annoyed me too much in regards to having to pay for anything (I can see waiting for balloons being that, though), although to be fair I haven't been playing for that long. As long as it doesn't tick me off like pokemon shuffle did, and oh did shuffle tick me off when I realize it was five games and then wait, then all will be well.

...This game is actually a bit more fun than I thought it would be, huh. Hopefully I'll be able to put it down soon enough, I got things to do!

Back