• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ubers team

Gleamy

Elite Sylveon Trainer
Years
  • uberslogo.png

This is my first thread on Team building,which is a ubers team which I have been using since a while and I have pretty much liked it ,It has even got me a rating of 1350 (after which I got bored ^_^ )
    Feel free to rate this team and tell me about my mistakes :D to make this team even better.(Im not good in writing descriptions ;-; )
    kangaskhan-mega.gif
    kangaskhan-mega.gif

Kangaskhan-Mega (F) @ Kangaskhanite
    Ability: Parental Bond
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Fake Out
    - Return
    - Sucker Punch
    - Power-Up Punch
    The Mega of the team. The main reason why anyone should be using this beast here is beacuse of the +3 Priority move Fake Out which can actually hit considerably hard. Unless you are playing defensive or stall, priority moves are very important in landing the first hit to weaken and finish off opponents. Hence Sucker Punch is also chosen. Power-up punch is a pretty useful move for mega-kanga all though it will not do much damage but will increase the attack by 2x :DDD

arceus.gif
    arceus-back.gif

Arceus @ Life Orb
    Ability: Multitype
    Jolly Nature
    - Extreme Speed
    - Swords Dance
    - Shadow Force
    - Earthquake
    With the strongest priority in the Ubers tier, fantastic 120 base stats across the board, and a wide array of coverage moves, Arceus-Normal makes for a fantastic late-game sweeper that can easily set up and sweep mid- or late-game once its checks and counters have been even slightly weakened. However, a huge part of Arceus-Normal's viability also comes from its ability to serve as a very strong revenge killer for its team, taking out weakened offensive threats with its Life Orb Extreme Speed.

kyogre.gif
    kyogre.gif

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Water Spout
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Origin Pulse
    Though it has lost a lot of its luster, Choice Scarf Kyogre is still a very threatening revenge killer and late-game cleaner with its legendary Water Spout. Boosted by Drizzle and backed by Kyogre's impressive Special Attack stat, Water Spout heavily damages anything that is not immune or 4x resistant to Water-type attacks. Origin Pulse is a strong alternative when Kyogre's HP runs low, although its accuracy is imperfect.

landorus.gif
    landorus.gif

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Sheer Force
    Timid Nature
    - Earth Power
    - Sludge Wave
    - Psychic
    - Calm Mind
    Landorus in ubers may sound a bit strange but it serves as a pretty good "anti xerneas"Landorus is one of the most fearsome wallbreakers in the tier. The combination of Sheer Force and recoil-less, Life Orb-boosted attacks raises its power to monstrous levels.Landorus is one of the most fearsome wallbreakers in the tier. The combination of Sheer Force and recoil-less, Life Orb-boosted attacks raises its power to monstrous levels.

excadrill.gif
    excadrill.gif

Excadrill @ Life Orb
    Ability: Sand Rush
    Adamant Nature
    - Rock Slide
    - Iron Head
    - Earthquake
    - Rapid Spin
    Life orb Excadrill is pretty awesome.Balanced teams typically have enormous trouble stomaching Swords Dance-boosted hits, which annihilate the likes of Slowbro and Gliscor.Excadrill has access to Rapid Spin, which allows it to act as a great entry hazard remover.

darkrai.gif
    darkrai.gif

Darkrai @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Bad Dreams
    Timid Nature
    - Dark Void
    - Dark Pulse
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Thunder Wave
    As darkrai hates xerneas (or any other fairy :p ) he is gifted by an anti-fairy move which is "Sludge Bomb" .Darkrai continues its reign as a potent offensive threat in the Ubers tier, having access to the formidable Dark Void and Nasty Plot. Being capable of sleeping a target with reasonable consistency makes checking Darkrai a challenge, often forcing the opponent to fodder something to sleep.​
    Importable:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

srinator

Life orb Excadrill is pretty awesome.With its devastating offensive capabilities and inability to be revenge killed in sand, Excadrill is the face of sand offense in the OU tier. In sand, it is pretty much impossible to revenge kill Excadrill, causing offensive teams major problems. Balanced teams typically have enormous trouble stomaching Swords Dance-boosted hits, which annihilate the likes of Slowbro and Gliscor.Excadrill has access to Rapid Spin, which allows it to act as a great entry hazard remover.

Unless I am missing something, there is no sand here and this is ubers .-. So I don't get this, it looks like it's c/p'd from the smog dex.

Gleamy

Elite Sylveon Trainer
    Years
  • Unless I am missing something, there is no sand here and this is ubers .-. So I don't get this, it looks like it's c/p'd from the smog dex.
    Oh sowie my mistake :p (Im not good in writing descriptions ) .Thank you for letting me know about my mistake {XD}

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • While Power-Up Punch makes Mega Kangaskhan dangerous when set up correctly, it can't afford the slot because Earthquake + Crunch/Sucker Punch gives it enough coverage:
    -Fake Out
    -Return/Double-Edge/Body Slam
    -Earthquake
    -Sucker Punch/Crunch
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Kangaskhanite
    Ability: Scrappy

Thunder > Thunderbolt on Kyogre, as it's 100% accurate under rain and it's more powerful. It doesn't matter if Drought or Desolate Land overrides Drizzle as (Primal) Groudon is immune to Thunder. Mooching off of opposing Primal Kyogre's Primodial Sea is another reason why Thunder is preferred.

Landorus is only a check to Xerneas; it can't switch into it at all, especially when the latter is powered up by Geomancy. Have you considered Primal Groudon? It's the new king of Ubers because it has an effective immunity to what should have destroyed it in the first place (Water) thanks to Desolate Land, and the ability to take a hit or two from even Geomancy-boosted Xerneas thanks to its resistance to Fairy; remember that Primal Groudon needs significant specially defensive investment to take any of Xerneas' coverage moves. Desolate Land is only active while Primal Groudon is on the field; switching it out removes the harsh sunlight the ability summons:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake/Precipice Blades
    -Lava Plume/Stone Edge
    -Roar/Thunder Wave/Dragon Tail
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP/56 Def/200 SDef
    Item: Red Orb

or
    -Rock Polish
    -Precipice Blades
    -Fire Punch/Stone Edge
    -Dragon Claw/Swords Dance
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 104 HP/252 Atk/96 SDef/56 Spe

or
    -Rock Polish
    -Precipice Blades
    -Fire Blast
    -Dragon Pulse
    Nature: Mild
    EVs: 96 Atk/252 SAtk/104 SDef/56 Spe

Sand Rush Excadrill is only effective when it's paired with Tyranitar or Hippowdon. This looks like this isn't the case. Another hazard remover to consider is Origin Giratina. It's bulkier than Excadrill and has access to a phazing move in Dragon Tail to synergize with Stealth Rock:
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Dragon Tail
    -Shadow Force/Earthquake
    -Defog
    EVs: 248 Atk/248 Def/12 Spe
    Item: Griseous Orb

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Personally I'd run Ice Beam over Shadow Force on Arceus. While +2 Shadow Force does OHKO the usual Giratina-O variant, it has that charge up turn that makes it easier to play around. Shadow Claw (and unboosted SF) doesn't do enough damage, letting the opposing Giratina burn or phaze you out.

Ice Beam makes Arceus a nice Mega Salamence lure. Salamence commonly switches into E-Killer Arceus because it has above average physical bulk and Intimidate, so they often think that they can get a free (set up) turn. But since Arceus outspeeds it before it mega evolves you can nail it with an Ice Beam and remove one S-rank threat from your opponent's team.

0- SpA Life Orb Arceus Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Salamence: 385-458 (116.3 - 138.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

But I suppose it's kind of a minor thing....

Gleamy

Elite Sylveon Trainer
    Years
  • While Power-Up Punch makes Mega Kangaskhan dangerous when set up correctly, it can't afford the slot because Earthquake + Crunch/Sucker Punch gives it enough coverage:
    -Fake Out
    -Return/Double-Edge/Body Slam
    -Earthquake
    -Sucker Punch/Crunch
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Kangaskhanite
    Ability: Scrappy

Thunder > Thunderbolt on Kyogre, as it's 100% accurate under rain and it's more powerful. It doesn't matter if Drought or Desolate Land overrides Drizzle as (Primal) Groudon is immune to Thunder. Mooching off of opposing Primal Kyogre's Primodial Sea is another reason why Thunder is preferred.

Landorus is only a check to Xerneas; it can't switch into it at all, especially when the latter is powered up by Geomancy. Have you considered Primal Groudon? It's the new king of Ubers because it has an effective immunity to what should have destroyed it in the first place (Water) thanks to Desolate Land, and the ability to take a hit or two from even Geomancy-boosted Xerneas thanks to its resistance to Fairy; remember that Primal Groudon needs significant specially defensive investment to take any of Xerneas' coverage moves. Desolate Land is only active while Primal Groudon is on the field; switching it out removes the harsh sunlight the ability summons:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake/Precipice Blades
    -Lava Plume/Stone Edge
    -Roar/Thunder Wave/Dragon Tail
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP/56 Def/200 SDef

or
    -Rock Polish
    -Precipice Blades
    -Fire Punch/Stone Edge
    -Dragon Claw/Swords Dance
    EVs: 104 HP/252 Atk/96 SDef/56 Spe

or
    -Rock Polish
    -Precipice Blades
    -Fire Blast
    -Dragon Pulse
    Nature: Mild
    EVs: 96 Atk/252 SAtk/104 SDef/56 Spe

Sand Rush Excadrill is only effective when it's paired with Tyranitar or Hippowdon. This looks like this isn't the case. Another hazard remover to consider is Origin Giratina. It's bulkier than Excadrill and has access to a phazing move in Dragon Tail to synergize with Stealth Rock:
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Dragon Tail
    -Shadow Force/Earthquake
    -Defog
    EVs: 248 Atk/248 Def/12 Spe
    Item: Griseous Orb
    Thank you very much for your precious review :D

Gleamy

Elite Sylveon Trainer
    Years
  • Personally I'd run Ice Beam over Shadow Force on Arceus. While +2 Shadow Force does OHKO the usual Giratina-O variant, it has that charge up turn that makes it easier to play around. Shadow Claw (and unboosted SF) doesn't do enough damage, letting the opposing Giratina burn or phaze you out.

Ice Beam makes Arceus a nice Mega Salamence lure. Salamence commonly switches into E-Killer Arceus because it has above average physical bulk and Intimidate, so they often think that they can get a free (set up) turn. But since Arceus outspeeds it before it mega evolves you can nail it with an Ice Beam and remove one S-rank threat from your opponent's team.

0- SpA Life Orb Arceus Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Salamence: 385-458 (116.3 - 138.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

But I suppose it's kind of a minor thing....

I liked you idea but shadow force has also helped me a lot for taking down mons like gengar.........
    anyways thank you :P

Back