• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Welcome to the Strategies & Movesets forum for Sun & Moon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    It would be cool, if it would also arrange battles between people on different servers. That way one could always find a battle, while also staying on the PC server.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    It would be cool, if it would also arrange battles between people on different servers. That way one could always find a battle, while also staying on the PC server.

If only it were that easy to communicate from one server to another :p But yes, this does sound like a cool feature. Perhaps you could pitch it over at Showdown's suggestion thread and see if maybe one of the devs might be interested in doing it? It's a long shot, I presume, but it's worth a shot, I think!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    remember the days when base 150 in a stat was considered really high and not the norm for stuff?

how the times have changed.....

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I find those discussions somewhat interesting, but that might just be me and my lack of knowledge regarding the meta. If there's a different place to get a better insight of the meta, I'd like to know, though. (not counting battles, obviously)

Also that thread provides a good threatlist. Now, If only that list wasn't so long...

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Oh, right. We do have our own Threat List. So, can someone give me some tips on how to prepare for Hoopa-U, assuming that I don't want to build a Hyper offensive team?

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • Oh, right. We do have our own Threat List. So, can someone give me some tips on how to prepare for Hoopa-U, assuming that I don't want to build a Hyper offensive team?

From what I've heard, packing some U-Turn rains on its parade.

I've yet to face one yet myself though :c Diancie is more common on cartridge now but Hoopa U hasn't quite hit the mainstream.

And yeah; we had a pretty cool threat list last I saw. Under construction still, but already decently comprehensive.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • More stuff from the Smogon "experts":

"If you could change one thing about OU, what would it be and why?

Allowing lugia in OU would be a pretty cool thing. I've been discussing this with some friends and they think I'm crazy, but let me still try to explain lol.
    The OU Council already tried to reduce the match up issue by suspecting Aegislash for a second time. Centralizing the metagame around a Pokemon that checks the majority of threats was the reasoning for this. However Aegislash was a threating Pokemon by itself, having very few counters in OU. So if the council wants something that checks the majority of threats, why not trying Lugia? Lugia has like 0 offensive presence and it is a set up bait for every single steel type/magic guard/magic bounce Pokemon, and OU has plenty of them. Lugia is also bothered by every single status condition and Stealth Rock. Destiny Device, even after hearing all my reasoning, simply said: "LUGIA DOESN'T DIE HELLO???". Are you sure man? I'm not convinced it is that indestructible. Suspect it imo. I didn't bring this up to discussion with someone like McMeghan because it sounds silly as fuck and he would probably say the same thing, so I'm just gonna share these random thoughts of my mind publicly in this thread, and nowhere else lol"

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    yeah no, I'd rather not have Lugia in OU unless I have a Zekrom in tow to smash it apart with

srinator

why do you bring up such shit posts by shit posters and try to make it a big deal?

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    sri asking the real questions here

but yeah i don't understand the point of that post

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday

In response to Lugia being tested for ou.

Im a stall player (Lugia would be shit vs stall) and even i think it would be bs. It essentially shreds offense, because you literally cannot kill it. Imagine a faster, bulkier Gliscor with an option of choosing pressure or Multiscale and imagine trying to KO its subs with offense as it Roosts....lol.

How can you set up on something with access to Whirlwind/Roar/Dragon Tail? What Magic Bounce/Guard user likes taking a CM Aeroblast? This thing is also fast and thanks to multiscale you dont even need much investment in its defenses.

I dont think this has been thought through. We dont need more threats, we need less and thats one of the reasons gen 6 is ass. A broken pokemon checking other broken pokemon does not a good metagame make.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • More stuff from the Smogon "experts":

"If you could change one thing about OU, what would it be and why?

Allowing lugia in OU would be a pretty cool thing. I've been discussing this with some friends and they think I'm crazy, but let me still try to explain lol.
    The OU Council already tried to reduce the match up issue by suspecting Aegislash for a second time. Centralizing the metagame around a Pokemon that checks the majority of threats was the reasoning for this. However Aegislash was a threating Pokemon by itself, having very few counters in OU. So if the council wants something that checks the majority of threats, why not trying Lugia? Lugia has like 0 offensive presence and it is a set up bait for every single steel type/magic guard/magic bounce Pokemon, and OU has plenty of them. Lugia is also bothered by every single status condition and Stealth Rock. Destiny Device, even after hearing all my reasoning, simply said: "LUGIA DOESN'T DIE HELLO???". Are you sure man? I'm not convinced it is that indestructible. Suspect it imo. I didn't bring this up to discussion with someone like McMeghan because it sounds silly as psyduck and he would probably say the same thing, so I'm just gonna share these random thoughts of my mind publicly in this thread, and nowhere else lol"

besides what sri said, it just kills me that you spend so much of your time here making fun of other players and ideas when you routinely promote shitty pokemon/ideas and make glaring misplays in your battles. besides being extremely irritating, the frequent shitposting is inhibiting your development as a player which is really a shame since, if you improved your attitude, you'd be a top battler on this site in no time.

also, these are the kinds of posts that make people (justifiably) think that the competitive community is shadow tag-level cancerous, but whatever.

Would be cool, if people were more into finding ways to make the meta a better place, instead of just looking for funny quotes. That way the amount of competent posters during Suspect Tests could potentially increase, significantly.

Speaking of which: there's also a discussion about how Suspect Testing could be improved.

i think the thread you link to is an important discussion. i personally don't have a problem with the voter pool, though i am not against restricting it further. that said, i think the idea implicitly put forth by the current process that a suspect ladder can truly give you an honest look at an alternative metagame with(out) the suspect in question is very flawed except in the most extreme circumstances. but the extreme circumstances are easy to theorymon ("people might stop using scarf greninja if mmence is banned") that they fit the parameters of a quickban more anyway. i think the metagame with the suspect is much more important than the metagame without it, especially since arguments centered around the absence of a suspect tend to be very subjective ("this meta is so much better/worse now!") or lazy and subject to change ("mega metagross has made fairies op!").

i can't say suspect testing policy is something i've given much thought to since it is much less relevant to this site, but i suppose i am glad they're discussing making it better.

2Fruit

Aka 2Fruit
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2019
    Lugia has surprising offensive pressure with weakness policy IMO. But it doesn't need to attack.

Anyways, I still can't find much anything that counters Hoopa. Lando and Scrafty come close, but get destroyed by Ice punch and gunk shot. Hippowdon isnt strong enough and get's it's defence lowered by hyperspace fury. I don't want to only check this thing, but when your only true "counter" is eviolite Rhydon with megahorn (and even it just gets screwed over by energy ball.), it seems like that's the only choice.

I remember for a while everyone was saying how bad Hoopa was. Hopefully Volcanion won't be as powerful.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Volcanion looks powerful. Steam Eruption pretty much is Scald combined with Hydro Pump, but with better Accuracy. Having an immunity to Water and a resistance to Fairy is also nice. One of its downsides is probably its Speed, as base 70 isn't really that outstanding.

Then again, Volcanion might get some kind of an alternate form, as well. I mean Diancie got a Mega and Hoopa its Unbound form, so it seems quite possible.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Anyways, I still can't find much anything that counters Hoopa. Lando and Scrafty come close, but get destroyed by Ice punch and gunk shot. Hippowdon isnt strong enough and get's it's defence lowered by hyperspace fury. I don't want to only check this thing, but when your only true "counter" is eviolite Rhydon with megahorn (and even it just gets screwed over by energy ball.), it seems like that's the only choice.

I remember for a while everyone was saying how bad Hoopa was. Hopefully Volcanion won't be as powerful.

Scrafty doesnt lose to gunk shot. Hyperspace fury doesnt lower hippowdons defense. It doesnt lower anythings defense apart from hoopas own because thats how the move works.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back