• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bob's Mega Base (Version 1 Released)

Bobsomeness

Pure Bobsomeness
Years
Hey, PC! As you know, mega evolution is currently a very hot feature that many hackers want to add to their hacks. Sadly, not many who want to add it are able to do it. As a result, requests for a mega base have become very popular.
For those who have been waiting for something like this, your time has come! Version 1 of this mega base includes:
Mega evolution fully inserted into your ROM!
...and that's about it. In future releases, I hope to add items like mega stones and mega rings, but for now you'll have to do that yourself. :p

Usage Instructions:
1. Patch the ROM and replace the initiation files (ini files) for G3HS and G3T.
2. Go to the pokemon that you want to mega evolve and add a new evolution.
3. For the evolution method, scroll all the way down to "Mega Evolution"
4. Pick an item that the Pokemon will hold to mega evolve.
5. Pick the pokemon it will mega evolve into.
6. Save.
THE NEXT STEPS ARE VERY IMPORTANT. IF YOU DON'T DO THEM, YOUR POKEMON WILL NOT REVERT BACK TO IT'S ORIGINAL FORM AFTER BATTLE!!!
7. Now, go the mega evolution Pokemon's stats page.
8. Go to their evolution panel, and repeat steps 3 and 4, except leave the item black (as ????? or the item ID as 0)
9. For the Pokemon it will evolve into, select the un-mega version of your Pokemon.

Credits:
Touched for his mega evolution thread
Exodrake for her modified "make" command that disables the broken keystone check

Screenshots (of course, this is just an example) :
qnAUiE4.png
CF3vB9q.png
ZPGA0Cj.png

More to come!

Here ya go!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6u4kn2j5ygstiac/Bob's Mega Base.zip?dl=0

Last edited:

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
Now while I think its nice that now its available to more people, I believe the entire reason it wasn't made into a patch beforehand was to make people learn how to insert it without having to rely on someone doing it for them.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
Completely agree with Joe. I'll add that once the you meet the enormous prerequisite of 2 whole dependancies, what Touched has set up is easier, faster, and more flexible than patches. People, this is the future. Please learn it. It really isn't that hard, and definitely worth the time!

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
Now while I think its nice that now its available to more people, I believe the entire reason it wasn't made into a patch beforehand was to make people learn how to insert it without having to rely on someone doing it for them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I read something I think a few weeks ago that it has something to do with the related bugs (like the link battle)? Once you apply the patch, you won't be able to change the routine once an update/fix is available, am I right?

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
Correct me if I'm wrong, I read something I think a few weeks ago that it has something to do with the related bugs (like the link battle)? Once you apply the patch, you won't be able to change the routine once an update/fix is available, am I right?

You are correct. Using a patch means the patch would need to be updated which in big patches like these it could potentially break an progress on the ROM that the user has done.
Although link battles have been bugged since the start.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
I agree with people above. I even made an enormous tut about mega evo insertion on the original thread :/
Anyways, shouldn't getting permission from Touched to release this be necessary?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 18, 2023
Not everyone knows how to do routines and all that though.. For example myself.. I have no idea how to do any of this stuff.. Having a base like this is nice just for revisiting my childhood with a new twist.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
Not everyone knows how to do routines and all that though.. For example myself.. I have no idea how to do any of this stuff.. Having a base like this is nice just for revisiting my childhood with a new twist.
I hate to belabor the point, but this is proof of the problem. Saying you can't insert Megas because you don't know "how to do routines and all that" is like saying you can't use Lunar IPS because you don't know how IPS files are created and read. Mega insertion doesn't require ASM knowledge. All if requires is sitting down and following very direct instructions such as PokeMew's gigantic post with tons of pictures. You can expect more of these as time goes on, and I expect it to become the new standard. Even if someone is being lazy, investing the time to learn this will save time in the long run.

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2022
I someone disagree wit this whole thread, A lot of people statements kinda have me feeling weird, I don't see how it's wrong too have a base when really, All the base is doing is just having evolution in battle and reverting the changes.

For the record. Saving time does not equal laziness. If we aren't allowed to use the recorces given to us by other people, what is the point have having a rescorce thread?

And plus, someone having a base for inserting mega evolutions and saying that "Everyone should have the tools and the tutorials to help them insert it themselves"
That's like saying everyone should insert 721 + pokemon because we have the tools and tutorials. and that we should do it ourselves.

If people want to save time and use a base. You should let them.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
I someone disagree wit this whole thread, A lot of people statements kinda have me feeling weird, I don't see how it's wrong too have a base when really, All the base is doing is just having evolution in battle and reverting the changes.

For the record. Saving time does not equal laziness. If we aren't allowed to use the recorces given to us by other people, what is the point have having a rescorce thread?

And plus, someone having a base for inserting mega evolutions and saying that "Everyone should have the tools and the tutorials to help them insert it themselves"
That's like saying everyone should insert 721 + pokemon because we have the tools and tutorials. and that we should do it ourselves.

If people want to save time and use a base. You should let them.
Let me clarify my lazy comment. I'm saying that learning how to use the python scripts will actually save you time. Touched didn't do this in C for the sake of making it difficult for people/alienating. If you follow the instructions, you'll find that it actually makes it easier for both the creator and user.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 18, 2023
Let me clarify my lazy comment. I'm saying that learning how to use the python scripts will actually save you time. Touched didn't do this in C for the sake of making it difficult for people/alienating. If you follow the instructions, you'll find that it actually makes it easier for both the creator and user.

I disagree with that.. Because once again using myself as example.. I know nothing about hex editing or anything of the sort.. So this logic is flawed and doesnt apply to everyone. Sure I'm willing to learn yes, but having an example of what i can achieve is a great way to get me into it.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 25, 2022
If it is changable in unlz, would changing it would also change the animation of the attack curse?

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
If it is changable in unlz, would changing it would also change the animation of the attack curse?

u know what is gold teeth script on mega evolution i change the icon man onto mega ring and it works and then i used complete item editor and change the description but the script on warden is somehow works fine too. So im using gba intro to duplicate like i have mega ring.

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Jun 18, 2016
Hello. So,i patched the IPS and stuff,and loaded up the game to test it. The text was messed up,music,sprites,etc jumbled and Pallet Town was named Bar Island with fog and lavender town theme playing. Did I do something wrong??

Bobsomeness

Pure Bobsomeness
Years
Hello. So,i patched the IPS and stuff,and loaded up the game to test it. The text was messed up,music,sprites,etc jumbled and Pallet Town was named Bar Island with fog and lavender town theme playing. Did I do something wrong??

Did you use a clean ROM? If you did, can you send me a screenshot? This could be a creepypasta in the making :D

Back